a plea for better titles to your forum threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a plea for better titles to your forum threads

i think there was a post about this a few months ago, but for the love of god

this isn't my spam-filled yahoo account, this is an interweb forum
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Oh come on, the Urff thing was pretty clever ^-^
    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
    1:Chao <ER>> at all
    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

original title -- improved titled

Virtual Sex -- Who the fuck cares about sex that's "based on a true story?" Give me the real deal!

Happy Urff Day -- If you haven't already, go do something nice for Mother Earth today, you piece of fucking shit.

Gone too far? -- Dolls aren't just for voodoo rituals anymore.

Slipped under the radar -- Not too many people are going to give a shit about this. You probably shouldn't waste your time.

nice shot -- What's with all the fucking white dudes in hockey? Oh yeah, ns btw.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Vyk beat me to the punch, but it's seriously out of hand guys. I'm just going to start mass closing them soon if this shit keeps up, because it's totally not acceptable. You're not mongoloids, so try to slap something resembling a description together. This isn't useless crap, so when posting, please err on the side of "informative" instead of "funny".

Examples of acceptable usage:

Human Gene in Rice: CYP2B6 Cytochrome. Mmm human rice
        Cossacks II: The Napoleanic Wars
        Festivals and their respective lineups

Unacceptable trends:
        -one word descriptions. It's pretty rare when 1 word sums up a thread.
        -Question marks. Again, very rare for you to need to use one in a thread title.
        -"bait" topics. Titles are supposed to be thread descriptions, not lures.

Examples of shit that needs to stop:
        Juice (one word)
        Gone too far? (?)
        Browser Default Link? (?)
        nice shot (bait)
        Slipped under the radar (bait)

Lets dust off those brain cells, and try to post like we're slightly more intelligent than the local vegetation guys.

Comment

Parody post!

lol
          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
            lol
            i love the ppl on this forum

Plus 5 for PJ being funny.
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

It would be cool if we had Forum Awards...Every 6 months or so
              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I dont post threads, scares me. Give me a year or so..
                Reinstate Sarien
                ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

And there's me thinking we could hover-over with our cursors if we were curious
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                    People are stupid, Zeus. Ha, I thought I was one of the few people who actually did that.
                    DELETED

Comment

If the first sentence of their post was really that much better then maybe they should have used that as the thread topic instead.

Comment

I get annoyed by annoying things as much as the next guy, but isn't it a bit far to start enforcing some sort of thread naming convention?

Wadi, I think you need a vacation, my man. Rest and Relax, and stop letting shit get under your skin.
                        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                          If the first sentence of their post was really that much better then maybe they should have used that as the thread topic instead.
                          Or the fact that we have the ability to view the first sentence means there's a bit more leeway in naming threads
                          Originally posted by Facetious
                          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Got a question? Ask Jeapes.

Comment

Or the fact that we have the ability to view the first sentence means there's a bit more leeway in naming threads
                              If I don't trust their ability to name their threads I don't trust their ability to write a decent first sentence. With many of those poorly named threads, the first sentence is a link or a URL of a picture, so even then it's still not much help. Leeway is good and all, but only if people actually make an effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X