Website Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Review

Alright, I redid the website I showed you earlier (for those of you who remember). This time I aimed at loading times and _somewhat_ function.

Let me know what you think of the new design. And let me know about the load times, and everything else.

Works in FireFox, and Internet Explorer, 800x600+ resolution.

http://www.exino.com

NOTE: If you want to know what the 'other' site is I mentioned above, it can be found here here: http://www.exino.com/concept1

Thanks again for all the feedback.
    -Cyber Strike
    Former TW SMod

I like it better, but it still looks like all your other sites, if you don't mind that.

Perhaps try a vertical navigation bar instead of the horizontal one over your news text area.

PS: Very quick to load.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Nice improvements. Much clearer layout, loads quickly, and still has much the same cool style that the first one had. :thumbsup:

Comment

looks very similar to your project echelon site. Unless you change one of them I wouldn't leave both in your portfolio. That just screams "if you hire me you're just getting repeats of these basic designs." Keep them all drastically different, even if it means showing less in your portfolio, and they'll never have that thought.

Comment

What are you all talkig about, ti's for his portfolio so it can look like his otehr sites.

Very nice work striker. I like it alot. Loads very quick

Very pro

keep up the good work.
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Strike,

It looks like every other site you've designed, ever.
            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
            cool koen> :)
            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
            cool koen> not because of a bug
            EvoLd> Lol
            Treachery> meh
            EvoLd> why then?
            PubAceR> women in power dont last
            EvoLd> LOl
            toaster oven reviews

Comment

Well unless people find a way to make sites on 45 degree angles or something, every site on the internet is going to be "the same".

I don't like vertical navs, since people whine about them to much. Besides, it seems no matter how different I make my sites they always "look the same". I had one a long time ago that was like a big circle, and apparently it was the equivilent to my sites like this one. There is no pleasing anyone

But understandable I guess. I made this site to replace the other 'slow loading' one I did before. It was intended to follow the traits of the previous, as I did not want to start from scratch.

Anyways, thanks for the reviews thus far.
              -Cyber Strike
              Former TW SMod

Comment

Much much nicer layout, things a lot more coherent like what j-t said. My only gripe is that your main content pane is extremely claustrophobic, with the out-of-place grey scroll bar making it worse. Apart from that it is looking very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                  Much much nicer layout, things a lot more coherent like what j-t said. My only gripe is that your main content pane is extremely claustrophobic, with the out-of-place grey scroll bar making it worse. Apart from that it is looking very sweet.
                  Yeah, it's unfortunate that FireFox can't have CSS scrollbars. In Internet Explorer I addressed it by making them match the theme
                  -Cyber Strike
                  Former TW SMod

Comment

Originally posted by Strike
                    Well unless people find a way to make sites on 45 degree angles or something, every site on the internet is going to be "the same".

I don't like vertical navs, since people whine about them to much. Besides, it seems no matter how different I make my sites they always "look the same". I had one a long time ago that was like a big circle, and apparently it was the equivilent to my sites like this one. There is no pleasing anyone

But understandable I guess. I made this site to replace the other 'slow loading' one I did before. It was intended to follow the traits of the previous, as I did not want to start from scratch.

Anyways, thanks for the reviews thus far.
                    It's not so much an issue of where everything is on the page. It's always the same colors, the same icons, the same buttons. It's all very mechanical. I mean you post a website and we know what to expect. Show that you can break away from your formula and do something completely different, if the company would want something completely different. Your websites are sharp, and that's going to be exactly what a lot of people want, but you've already proven that. Show that you can do something just completely different, like what Conc threw together for the pallies website http://www.spaceshipgame.com/

A lot of times you can look at a website and quickly determine whether you made it or if someone else made it. Understandable you have your own style, and you want to obviously reuse previous work to save time. But maybe not on your portfolio. You need to show the ability to produce anything your employer might want, whether it's your typical sharp streamlined design, or maybe they want something that's just completely off the wall. Like if a rock band needed someone to design their site, they might be looking for something that's a lot more interactive and flashy rather than just looking for something that looks professional.

I don't know I'm not a website designer or something, but I just feel like if I was hiring you to do my website and I had a particular design in mind I'd be worried the final site would end up looking not like what I envisioned but just a different variation of your previous sites. I should be convinced that anything I dream up you could make happen.

Just my 2 cents. Just trying to be helpful. I mean there is definitely some variety in your sites, don't get me wrong. I just feel like 3 or 4 of them are really similar, and while that makes it easier for you, if you really want to impress them show them you have the talent and the creativity that sets yourself apart.
                    Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-27-2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

In your 'about' section:

For the past several years, I have grown my ability to use a computer system far greater then I orignally thought possible
                      'For the past several years' doesn't really read well to me. Maybe my personal opinion but I may share the opinion of a prospective employer (who I'm guessing this is aimed at)

Wherever life takes me, I want to be there.
                      Of course you're going to be there, its your life. Its physically impossible for you to not be there
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

not true. i know someone at school who isnt completly all there

Comment

those are very nice layouts. re-do the tw.org site? :P
                          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                            It's not so much an issue of where everything is on the page. It's always the same colors, the same icons, the same buttons. It's all very mechanical. I mean you post a website and we know what to expect. Show that you can break away from your formula and do something completely different, if the company would want something completely different. Your websites are sharp, and that's going to be exactly what a lot of people want, but you've already proven that. Show that you can do something just completely different, like what Conc threw together for the pallies website http://www.spaceshipgame.com/

A lot of times you can look at a website and quickly determine whether you made it or if someone else made it. Understandable you have your own style, and you want to obviously reuse previous work to save time. But maybe not on your portfolio. You need to show the ability to produce anything your employer might want, whether it's your typical sharp streamlined design, or maybe they want something that's just completely off the wall. Like if a rock band needed someone to design their site, they might be looking for something that's a lot more interactive and flashy rather than just looking for something that looks professional.

I don't know I'm not a website designer or something, but I just feel like if I was hiring you to do my website and I had a particular design in mind I'd be worried the final site would end up looking not like what I envisioned but just a different variation of your previous sites. I should be convinced that anything I dream up you could make happen.

Just my 2 cents. Just trying to be helpful. I mean there is definitely some variety in your sites, don't get me wrong. I just feel like 3 or 4 of them are really similar, and while that makes it easier for you, if you really want to impress them show them you have the talent and the creativity that sets yourself apart.

This is pretty much the 'problem' I find with every up-coming web designer I've seen so far, the only exception I can think of is Jason at the moment.

Comment

More updates, reviews appreciated

Added some new things. Added better CSS rollovers on the navigation buttons, added a 'Featured Artist' area. Optimized some of the pages, changes the CSS somewhat to load better. Add some little details here and there. Changed the portfolio layout to make it look less "empty", um, and a bunch of random things.

http://www.exino.com

Appreciate everything so far. Thanks again
                              -Cyber Strike
                              Former TW SMod

Comment

Working...
                              X