X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only In America

Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an
    ambulance.

Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to
    the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people
    can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large
    fries, and a diet coke.

Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain
    the pens to the counters.

Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in
    thedriveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and
    then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't
    want to talk to in the first place.

Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in
    packages of eight.

Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the
    process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning
    'bloodsucking creatures'.

Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille
    lettering.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Takes fucking forever for me to get a pizza delivered.

Comment

polits - latin root word meaning or refering to a city.

Riiight, they don't have politics in Canada?
        People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
          Takes fucking forever for me to get a pizza delivered.
          Maybe the ambulance service is just really bad.
          :whistling

Comment

o.0 You can buy cigarettes from the front of a store? Here they're always behind counter, well I've always seen them behind counter anyway.

The cheeseburger one made me laugh the most.

Comment

:cowboy:

Nice one ^-^ !
              A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked
                o.0 You can buy cigarettes from the front of a store? Here they're always behind counter, well I've always seen them behind counter anyway.

The cheeseburger one made me laugh the most.
                the counter is at the front of the store.

Comment

{insert generic owned picture here}
                  tryed doing that in square brackets and it tells me the message I have written is too short... please write at least 2 characters.

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                    the counter is at the front of the store.
                    We don't sell cigarettes in pharmacies
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Although cute enough be water fountain fodder, when you really think about this stuff.....

Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an
                      ambulance.
                      In the average size town there are many, many places that delivery pizza and usually only one or two hospitals.

Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
                      ADA laws are weird, but isn't it a sign of a good society that we care enough to want to help the disadvantaged?

Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to
                      the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people
                      can buy cigarettes at the front.
                      Perhaps this is because there are usually a group of people standing around waiting for their prescritptions, that they be at the back of store and not blocking the front check out area?

Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large
                      fries, and a diet coke.
                      Is freedom of choice a bad thing?

Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain
                      the pens to the counters.
                      People come in, grab the pen, use it, and then forget it isn't thier own and walk away with it, leaving other customers without one. I am pretty sure that is hard to do with a door.

Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in
                      the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
                      'Useless junk' is also called 4 wheelers, boats, riding lawnmowers, tillers, pressure washers, tools, washer and dryers, etc. Based strictly upon dollar value, these can easily total more than the car.

Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and
                      then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't
                      want to talk to in the first place.
                      Perhaps people use answering machines to screen calls from people they don't want to talk to, and use call waiting so they won't miss a call from someone they want to talk to.

Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in
                      packages of eight.
                      If this is an issue, then some smart company will market a package of 8 hot dogs and/or 10 buns. Surely we don't want or need a law to force an open market ecomony into make different companies to be in sync like this.

Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the
                      process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning
                      'bloodsucking creatures'.
                      As Kyace pointed out, this is not correct.

Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille
                      lettering.
                      Again, ADA laws sometimes requires silly things like this. But in the balance, it is should be a good thing that a society cares about the disadvantaged. Surely we don't want to make the laws even more complex by writing in all the exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                        We don't sell cigarettes in pharmacies
                        Wonder, why. I mean it seems so logical!

edit: Eph, I think the point with the "politics" thing wasn't even supposed to be serious. The actual word politics comes from greek, not latin. Polis, meaning city, combined with polites, meaning citizen built up a word "politikos" (affairs of the state). Later on this word was taken into latin as a direct word for modern politics.

The funny quote with poli + tics worked better when some more or less famous guy who's name I cannot remember, said it as a joke to someone. The word for a plural is poly as you probably know but when pronounced they become the same (freaky english pronunciation rules that make no sence...)

don't kill me if I've gotten any of this wrong, please
                        Last edited by Jeansi; 06-09-2005, 07:41 AM.
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

You forgot this one..
                          Only in America......can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box and a draft dodger live in the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by R1pp3r
                            You forgot this one..
                            Only in America......can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box and a draft dodger live in the White House.
                            Only USA has a white house
                            fixed, eph style.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                              fixed, eph style.
                              Witty.

Comment

Working...
                              X