Teacher Accused of Assigning Arson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher Accused of Assigning Arson

HOUSTON - A chemistry teacher who was at least three months behind on her car payments gave passing grades to two failing students who stole and burned her car so she could collect insurance money, a fire investigator said.

Aldine Senior High School teacher Tramesha Lashon Fox, 32, was charged with insurance fraud and arson, and the two students were charged with arson.

Roger Luna, 18, and Darwin Arias, 17, had been failing Fox's class up to their final exam. But Arias received a 90 and Luna an 80, grades high enough for them to pass the semester, said senior fire investigator Dustin Deutsch of the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office.

Luna was arrested Tuesday. Bail was set at $10,000 and he was expected to be arraigned on Thursday, said Lt. John Martin, spokeswoman for the Harris County Sheriff's Department.

Neither Fox nor Arias was in custody early Wednesday afternoon, and they could not immediately be reached for comment. No phone listings could be found.

The teens initially thought her scheme was a joke, but Fox continued to pursue them, Deutsch said. On May 27, the last day of school, the students took the unlocked 2003 Chevrolet Malibu from a shopping mall, drove it to a wooded area and set it on fire, he said.

Fox reported the theft that day, after already having bought a 2005 Toyota Corolla, investigators said. She owed about $20,000 on the Chevrolet and had been facing repossession, Deutsch said.

Aldine Independent School District officials said Fox remained employed while they waited to see the fire marshal's report. The students will probably be placed in an alternative school when they return, depending on what happens to them in court, school officials said.
    What an awesome teacher. I wish I had her for chemistry.

Tottenham accused of signing Arnesen

Tottenham have accepted a "significant" cash settlement from Chelsea that allows sporting director Frank Arnesen to move to Stamford Bridge.

Spurs had threatened to report the Premiership champions for an illegal approach unless they received a suitable offer by 1200 BST on Friday.

But the White Hart Lane club finally confirmed they had reached an agreement "in principle" at 2254 BST.

The terms are confidential but a figure of between £8m-£10m has been suggested.

Chelsea are understood to have been ready to offer defenders Robert Huth and Glen Johnson as part of a financial package aimed at dissuading Spurs from lodging a complaint.

However, Spurs were not prepared to accept any players who did not serve the best interests of the club.

Chairman Daniel Levy had insisted that only a "fair settlement" would be acceptable and it is understood Chelsea's significant offer met with his high expectations.

Arneson, formerly with PSV Eindhoven, arrived at White Hart Lane in May 2004, replacing David Pleat as director of football to oversee a new continental-style arrangement with Jacques Santini as coach and Martin Jol as his assistant.

Former French national boss Santini left less than three months into the season, amid rumours of a strained relationship with Arnesen.

Jol was promoted to head coach and enjoyed a harmonious partnership with the Dane, with Spurs signing a host of promising young players, many of them British, and narrowly missing out on a European place.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4121916.stm
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
      What an awesome teacher. I wish I had her for chemistry.
      i saw that on the news last night. haha the pictures showed the car annihilated.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Ty both for not letting my thread be a total failure. At least I got 2 replies. :P

Comment

I'll post a reply then.

That's some crazy stuff! ^-^
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Hehe, ty.

Comment

Good idea

Comment

^
                |
                |

Paul oakenfield is famous, he created the big brother theme songy thing.
                Check his name first page of the credits after english BB! :fear:
                :whistling

Comment

uhm, paul oakenfold isn't famous because he created the theme song to some moronic reality show. maybe you were kidding, though.
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                  X