No announcement yet.

Summer Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone else think it's wrong that if I order a book from amazon.com that I can't find in finland, it costs 5 dollars to buy the book and 7 for shipping??
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Someone help me with "The Great Gatsby". I find it utterly boring. To make matters worse I have to read that and "Of Mice and Men" for Summer Reading for my school.
      1:AnZu> jk jk underground i love you

Comment

Originally posted by Chingy
        Someone help me with "The Great Gatsby". I find it utterly boring. To make matters worse I have to read that and "Of Mice and Men" for Summer Reading for my school.
        Watch the movie. It's decent. Gatsby I mean.

Comment

Ahem,

The Scarlet Letter
          The Complete Federalist Papers
          and Civics for Today

AP US History + US GOV't here I come. :-/
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

as featured on MADE 07/20/05

Ch. 1: What is a true Mack?
            Ch. 2: The Four Types of Sistas
            Ch. 3: How to be a Pimp
            Ch. 4: Mackin Do's and Don'ts
            Ch. 5: How to work the club
            Ch. 6: Gauranteed ways to get sex from women
            Ch. 7: How to be a gigolo
            Ch. 8: How to peep out gold diggers
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

gatsby dies.

Of Mice and Men is awesome.
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Great Gatsby is a good book, or wait, im thinkin of The Catcher in the Rye or something like that, thats a good novel.
                the price is right, bitch.

Comment

I finished reading A World According to Garp over winter break. It was a great read, but I'm thinking I'm having a "Snatch effect" where the first John Irving books I read I like the best while the following get slightly worse. That's why I still like A Prayer for Owen Meany and maybe even A Widow for One Year, more than AWAtG.

Which did you like better TK? And have you read any recent John Irving books? I looked on Amazon.com and they didn't get great reviews. Also TK, have you seen the movie Finding Forrester?

Comment

Have you tried The Hotel New Hampshire? It's one of Irving's quirkiest. It's got taxidermy, incest, Nazis, a lesbian in a bear suit, an actual bear riding a motorcycle, plus this passage:
                    “Mother and Father simply didn’t discover sex until after the old man got that bear,” Franny said. “That bear gave them the idea — he was such a gross, horny animal, humping trees and playing with himself and trying to rape dogs.”

“He mauled an occasional dog,” Frank said, with disgust. “He didn’t rape dogs.”

“He tried to,” Franny said. “You know the story.”
                    I haven't seen it, but I heard the film version wasn't that good though.

Cider House Rules was pretty good too. Irving won an Oscar for the film version, as did Michael Caine.

Comment

Working...
                    X