Attack on London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epinephrine
    Bush already excused himself from the global warming part of the conference to make a video conference call to his national security people (and he was the only holdout for that).
    He's already tried to escape once, making a break for the fence on his bicycle. One of our police officers had to jump out in front of him.

Don't know how that was reported your side.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair
      too close for comfort
      Today has been a complete mindfuck. I woke up as normal at around 6:45, got to Shenfield station at around 8:00am and got into Liverpool St at 8:45am. I then crossed over to the London underground and got to Angel just before 9:00am. As soon as I stepped off of the train the lights went out, the escalators stopped and an announcement comes up that they are evacuating the station, meaning I have to talk all the way to the surface from the deepest line, that must be a 1/4 mile vertical climb at least. I get into work and apparently there has been a 'power surge' at Liverpool Street injuring a few people. Eventually news trickles through that there has been a number of other 'power surges' across the underground. That gets me thinking. Then we hear of a bus blowing up at Euston and a suicide bomber being shot dead at Canary Wharf. It turns out that the suicide bomber wasn't true but its pretty clear they weren't power surges. So here I am, sitting in a government building, directly above an underground station, with terrorists currently attacking our underground system. Really shouldn't have been there.

I work in a building directly above Angel (Northern line, top right). The blasts were at Liv St and Kings Cross, so I was sandwiched in the middle. Had I of been slower to leave Liverpool Street I would have been caught up in it, and had I of continued my journey to Kings Cross I would have been caught up in it. As I am about 1/2 mile from Kings Cross I spend the morning with sirens wailing past my window, and the eerie sight of empty buses cruising past:

At this point the mobile phone network goes down for London (we learn later that they have been running at capacity then they allocate some of the airwaves for the emergency services, meaning ordinary customer's airspace is effectively cut off). My only link to the outside world is my landline which can only phone other landlines and my sporadically working internet. I get in touch with my mum and dad and Mark manages to squeeze a text message into me before the phones go down, and I decide to walk to Liverpool Street in the vain hope that the trains would be running, otherwise I'm sleeping on the streets tonight. I walk from Islingon to Liverpool Street, that is not a short way. On the way there I walk through a patch of signal and get a few delayed text messages from friends asking about me and a phone call from Matt who is in London as well today. He says he'll phone me back when he knows where he is so we can meet up, and thats when my signal goes for good. Liverpool St is inevitably cordoned off...:

...And In the next 2 hours I clock up about 10 miles walking around London looking for some signal for my mobile phone. In the end I give up and start walking to all the major train stations seeing if there are any trains running. Cannon Street was displaying the trains but not allocating any flatforms, however the next station - Fenchurch Street - does have trains. I crowbar myself onto a heaving train going in the wrong direction and get out of London. I phone my mum, tell her I'm on a train to Upminster and ask her to pick me up. About 10 miles outside London I get my mobile signal back and I get a number of text messages from various celebrities such as Mrs Mike and a message from my Dad, telling me to go to Fenchurch St and get the train to Upminster, and one from my mum suggesting that I should go to Fenchurch St and get the train to Upminster. At Upminster I have a well deserved (celebratory) pint, wait for mum to pick me up and contemplate the next three days off work.

I come home wanting to relax and all the tv channels are putting out 24 hour news coverage, shafting it further into my face

Mike ZeUs!!, BBC News
      Last edited by ZeUs!!; 07-07-2005, 02:12 PM.
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

rip zeus

Comment

jesus christ zeus, what was the atmospshere like in London at the time?
          think my uncle was in London today but luckily not near the incidents

its sad and pitiful that people will target innocent civilians just to get their shitty point across, have they never heard of talking? clearly not
          Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
          oNe-t> YEAH
          nopcode> before going out
          funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
            Fenchurch
            heh

No but really, that's some day zeus. fucking hell :\
            Last edited by NaiLed; 07-07-2005, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry that you got caught up in that awful mess zeus, and glad you're alright. It's weird to think that had you been late/early you would have been in it deeper.

Comment

Something I forgot to mention: I was at Liverpool Street at 8:45. The bomb went off at 8:49. I walked past an Al Quaeda bomb. Shitfuck

Originally posted by Disliked
                I'm sorry that you got caught up in that awful mess zeus, and glad you're alright. It's weird to think that had you been late/early you would have been in it deeper.
                If I had been any earlier/later people would have been knee deep in bits of me

Comment

33 reported dead

7/7/2005 --> 7/7/2+0+0+5 --> 7/7/7 = 777

There are 333 Days BETWEEN July 7th, 2005 and (6/6/6) June 6th, 2006;

07/08/2005 --> 06/05/2005 = 333 Days

There are also 777 days BETWEEN the day of the thwarted Sears Tower
                  attack, 4/19/2004 and June 6th, 2006;

4/20/2004 --> 6/05/2006 = 777 Days

Comment

Now you're being stupid on purpose

Comment

Tone, don't.

Just don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                        33 reported dead

7/7/2005 --> 7/7/2+0+0+5 --> 7/7/7 = 777

There are 333 Days BETWEEN July 7th, 2005 and (6/6/6) June 6th, 2006;

07/08/2005 --> 06/05/2005 = 333 Days

There are also 777 days BETWEEN the day of the thwarted Sears Tower
                        attack, 4/19/2004 and June 6th, 2006;

4/20/2004 --> 6/05/2006 = 777 Days
                        theres 40 people reported dead btw

Comment

I'm home too!

The chances of hailing an empty cab is totally non-existent but we got one. I've taken tomorrow and next Monday off so I don't give a shit now!

Comment

Usa Today

(IsraelNN.com) Army Radio quoting unconfirmed reliable sources reported a short time ago that Scotland Yard had intelligence warnings of the attacks a short time before they occurred.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=85346
                            Last edited by Tone; 07-07-2005, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                              JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was on his way to a hotel near the scene of one of the London blasts Thursday when he received a call to stay put, the foreign minister said - USA TODAY

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...tm?POE=NEWISVA
                              So? All of London was told to stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked
                                So? All of London was told to stay put.
                                sorry, posted the wrong article, edited my post with the right one

Comment

Working...
                                X