Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for football(soccer) fans:what were the greatest ever 10 CL winning sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for football(soccer) fans:what were the greatest ever 10 CL winning sides?

hellow dudes.I would like everyone here to post the best ever 10 Champion's league winning sides,in his opinion.please,try to post exactlly 10 CL winning sides.not more and not less. and ofcourse,post just sides that won the european cup.here are my best ever 10(no order!):

JUVENTUS 96'(LIPPI ERA)
    MILAN 89'-90'(SACCHI ERA)
    MILAN 94'(CAPPELO ERA)
    AJAX 95'(VAN GAAL ERA)
    AJAX 71'-73'(RINUS MICHAELS ERA)
    BAYERN MUNICH 2001(HITZFELD ERA)
    BENFICA 61'-62'(WITH EUSEBIO)
    REAL MADRID 56'-60'(WITH PUSKAS AND DE STEFANO)
    LIVERPOOL 77'-78'(PAISLEY ERA)
    LIVERPOOL 81'(PAISLEY ERA)

so,now post your best 10 dudes.

That pretty much is the definitive list, you've virtually killed the topic in the opening post, although I'd take out the 2001 Bayern team which wasn't that great and put in the Zidane Galacticos of Real Madrid from a few years back
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Best Champions league goal was Zidane's volley in the final a few years back :P
      :whistling

Comment

i don't know

i've only been watching it for about 10 years and although i've heard about other great sides from the past i've never seen more than a few clips of them. So if i were to say they were the best it would be on hearsay and listening to more informed opinions from the footballing world but not really my own.

For me the team that stood out the most was Real Madrid in the late 90's early 00's and Juve and Milan had good if quite defensive teams when milan won a few years back.

The team other than Man Utd i'd like to see win it this year would have to be A.C. Milan as it was a harsh but very entertaining final on them and i think they've got the most ballanced squad and who doesn't like Kaka and Shevchenko. The squads i want to see lose the most would have to be Real Madrid and Chelsea because Real have seem to have a really stupid buying policy and Chelsea have bought loads of players to make a very strong team so its always fun to see underdogs win and there are few teams that can match Chelseas indepth quality.
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop
          i've only been watching it for about 10 years and although i've heard about other great sides from the past i've never seen more than a few clips of them. So if i were to say they were the best it would be on hearsay and listening to more informed opinions from the footballing world but not really my own.
          To be honest I don't think many people here were watching football from the late 1950's so you don't think you need to worry about that in the GREATEST CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TEAM EVER debate

What about the Catenaccio system of Inter Milan? Operated in the late 60's under an Argentine coach who's name began with H (can not be bothered to go to the bookshelf)
          Last edited by ZeUs!!; 09-17-2005, 12:16 PM.
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
          X