What did the 90's mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did the 90's mean to you?

Well during 1990 I was 5 years old, so I was 15 when the 90's were over (unless you want to be specific and say 1999). Biggest things about culture that I can remember are:

- my sister watching beverly hills 90210, cosby show, and those saved by the bell tv movies (I guess tv specials, one where they go to hawaii).

-early 90's music music, ranging from black-hole sun (don't know the band, I just remember that video and how awesome it was) to the video with the chubby girl dancing in the bumblebee suit, to early pop/hip-hop.

-power rangers, nintendo, the simpsons "who shot mr. burns trial" , old school gameboy (Link's Awakening during 5th grade ftw), beating sonic 2 by myself (first game I beat on my own), watching star wars for the first time on my sister's 16th birthday, and the x-men cartoon series that came on fox.

-Saturday mornings, christmas, halloween and playgrounds were alot more fun.

-TMNT bedsheets, Thundercats toothbrush (WAY back in the day)

What did the 90's mean to you? Looking back, what are some of the things you remember about it?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Things I loved about the 90's...

- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
    - Mortal Kombat the Movie
    - The Original Nintendo, later the Super Nintendo
    - The Super Mario Bros.: Super Show
    (check the clip of Mario telling Luigi "fuck you": http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/mariofbomb.html)
    - Old School Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons
    - The beginning of my addiction to Tetris
    - Watching Night Vision cameras of Baghdad on CNN being blown to hell
    - The first video camera my parents got, it was this huge ass camera that recorded directly to a large VHS tape. It was so clunky and heavy, good times.
    - The big Northridge earthquake, 6.4 it was, I believe. My room was trashed, I can remember my mom running in and grabbing me by the arm and dragging me outta my room and into the hallway. I didn't really wake up and know wtf was going on til about 30 minutes later, cause I kept wanting to go back to my room.
    DELETED

Comment

90's, to me, was a rather boring primary and intermediate school, pretty crappy music, and nothing interesting happening.

God, what a waste of a decade.

Originally posted by Disliked
      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

The one big memory I have of the 90's is being off school sick on a summer day and watching this film in the morning. I have never heard any trace of it since, but I remember the title - Kidco - so I imdb'd it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087550/
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

- My first steps into being a s serious artist and expanding my skills
          - Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve Pipe
          - Turning 7 in 1990, turning 16 in 1999
          - First girlfriend, lasted a year and a half ^-^
          - Super Mario 64
          - Jurassic Park
          - My induction into anime
          - The Nintendo Power Hour, with Zelda every Friday
          - WrestleMania XII, Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels in an Iron Man Match

And LB, it was Sound Garden that did Black Hole Sun

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

I also remember this movie .... omg ... I dunno why, it was so horrible, but I watched it all the time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102800/
            Robot Jox
            DELETED

Comment

- Captain Planet
              - The Turtles Movies
              - Wild Thing (the animation)
              - The Music
              - Bottom
              - Power Rangers (plus toys, I must've been 13 or something, lol)
              - Reeves & Mortimer
              - Kenan & Kel (?)

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                -early 90's music music, ranging from black-hole sun (don't know the band, I just remember that video and how awesome it was)
                The band is called Soundgarden :turned:

edit: Doh. Didn't notice spidermage got before me...blah :P
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                  - Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve Pipe
                  They're just called The Verve, Richard Ashcroft hates you. Incidently I saw Audioslave at the beginning of the summer, and Chris Cornell played a solo acoustic of Fell On Black Days and then they all played Spoonman, both Soundgarden songs (his old band)
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Noel's

House

Party

rocked

:wub:
                    STARKITTY
                    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
                      Noel's House Party
                      oh yes, this and keenan and kel
                      Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                      oNe-t> YEAH
                      nopcode> before going out
                      funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

The 90s = The Decade Music Died.

Comment

No it didn't.

Comment

hmm
                            i went to school from 11-18 during 1992-2000 so thats my biggest memory of the 90's

I liked Nirvana, pearl jam, radiohead, oasis
                            and bands like that

i disliked 2 unlimited, take that
                            and bands like that

I liked thundercats and teenage mutant turtles but hated fecken power rangers probably cuase i was older then.

I remember the world cups Italia 90 hmm was it an italy west germany final?? ... i go check, 94 was in america (Ireland beat Italy 1-0 in the group ) final was italy brazil went to penalties and roberto Baggio fluffed his and put it over the bar and brazil won it. 98 was France who played well and beat brazil 3-0 in the final

EDIT : nope italy went out in the semi's to argentina, still west germany beat them in the final, not worthy of my memory :P
                            Last edited by Pressure Drop; 10-15-2005, 11:25 AM.
                            In my world,
                            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Let's see, all the old school shows on Nickelodean, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Nsync, Hanson, My Little Ponies, Barbie dolls, Britney Spears, Disney movies, Full House, elementary school, and of course not having a computer :P
                              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                              1:Chao <ER>> at all
                              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
                              X