Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Ban on Human Spaceflight?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4351688.stm

Do you guys seriously have a ban on human spaceflight? Is there any reasoning behind it (did you guys have a manned spaceflight disaster or something somewhere where I haven't ever heard about it)? I saw this article and was just kind of curious.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Wow, it's the first I've heard of it. I wonder how long this ban has been in effect.

Comment

The ban was to prevent government money from being spent (read: wasted) on early maned space flight, which was considered un-safe and wasteful at the time. That view is still held today, which is reasonable considering how much money is spent on the ISS. You can bet china's space program is the reason why lifting the ban is even being considered.

IIRC the ban has never prohibited UK astronauts from going to space with another nation, at least it wasn't intended to.
      SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

Either that or because of an Avengers' episode.

Comment

It's obvious... Dr. Evil is from the 60's right? And he went to space right? Can't have other evil doctors following him!
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

How perverse is this picture?

Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

overthrow your king
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!

I thought so too....
                STARKITTY
                A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Working...
                X