Jury Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury Service

I have been summoned for jury service on the 19th December. I have three options:

Say yes.
    Ask for exemption as a full time student until 2008 (not alwas given)
    Defer it for a max of 12 months (If I did this, I would do it until next summer).

The question is, what should I do? I think jury service could be pretty interesting, but it could also be pretty boring, it really depends what sort of a case I get to be on. I kinda want to do it, but I don't really want to mess up my christmas holidays. If I did do it, I would get several days off (Probably Xmas day, Boxing day, New Years day and maybe a few in between). The jury service itself lasts for 2 weeks.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Go for it, a freind has just been on jury duty, he enjoyed it.

Although, when he came out of the courts the partner of the offender had a go at him, lol.

Comment

Do it. wud be well fun, just think if it was a chav in a burberry hat and argos gold being trialed, and ur the one his fates disides upson *drools*

Comment

England is depending on you.

And you'll learn about the justice system.

Comment

You will find a hilarious tie that suits your personality in a joke shop in the near future.
          Originally posted by turmio
          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
          Originally posted by grand
          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Do you get payment/compensation for your time doing Jury Duty in the UK?

Just curious, as the pay they give you here in the States is terrible. Maybe enough fo a McDonalds Value meal & a coffee at Starbucks.

I have yet to go to jury duty. Unless the envelope comes to me with a signature request, I just say I never recieved it...prove it! The still send them through the regular mail here.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

if its on the 19. dec, it doesnt really come in conflict with your studys (christmas holyday starts earlyer than that, doesnt it?), so if you get money for it, say yes. if not, tell them you dont work for free!
              Throughout time, there’s been
              crimes, throughout our history
              But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
              Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
              Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
              Come on and take a stand
              Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
              and all the kids are running
              from London to Manchester
              cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

I'll probably defer it until the summer as I've been invited to go to Paris for New Years.
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim

Comment

I have to do it the day after christmas, lol...
                  DELETED

Comment

think my sis got called up for it.

-----

just asked her and she did

----
                    Originally posted by My Sister
                    ehm yeah can't really remember to much, i had to go for a while each day for several weeks and i was never picked for a case.
                    if that helps any ><
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

If you have winter plans, like the Paris thing, you need to consider how important that is and whether or not you're willing to sacrifice a chunk of your summer doing the duty. Obviously, it would be way better to just get it over with now, but if you have stuff to do you have stuff to do.

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
                      3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
                      3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
                      1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
                      BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
                      Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

I am much more willing to lose 2 weeks of my 2 and a half month summer holiday than 2 weeks of my 3 week xmas holiday.

Comment

Then I think you've found your answer?

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
                          3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
                          3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
                          1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
                          BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
                          Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
                            I'll probably defer it until the summer as I've been invited to go to Paris for New Years.
                            Hard luck, thats when I'm going too. I'm also going to Southampton on monday, I would say hi but I'm not leaving the train station
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i just got back from a weekend at leeds, was fukin brilliant

Comment

Working...
                              X