No announcement yet.

Trench Wars Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should contributions to the gallery be sent?

Probably the address to which pics should be sent for the gallery has been posted earlier in this thread, but for the sake of convenience maybe you could post it again, Annux? (Geez, I might send you one soon if you promise not to photoshop me into some horrible collage . . . Which would be a joint work under current copyright law and thus you could not display it without violating my copyright, but -- I digress.)

Thanks!

For the record, I think you're doing a great service by putting up a more current subspace -- it'll always be subspace to me; words with two adjacent 'u's make me nervous -- gallery. It's really interesting to see what my fellow trenchers look like. I do think, however, that you will, or do, have more than enough willing contributors of personal pics. With all those people who consent to your displaying their picture, I'm a little confounded as to why you would not remove pictures for which a lack of consent has been clearly enunciated?

Perhaps you already have removed those pictures as a courtesy to the objecting parties. If so, I think you made the right choice. Though I'm curious as to why you would not immediately have done so upon notification that the photo in question was objectionable. I mean, like, really curious. As in, I can't think of any rational reason why you would not honor someone's request not to display their picture.

Care to shed some light?

Ah, CoL, I went for interviews today and it went well -- I may have to leave the unified brotherhood of the unemployed soon. Keep fighting the good fight. . . Work is like a shit sandwich, goes down better with a lot of beer.

Ever vigilant,

CK
    1:Pearl Jam> the gloves are for the prostitutes i'm going to hire
    1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
    THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic
    1:Pearl Jam> she'll have to wear a shirt that says "THE POOPSMITH" on it

Comment

I went to an interview at walmart. They'll call if they want to hire me. I am quivering in anticipation. May God bless us both.
      LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Comment

Crimson

ilyarz@hotmail.com
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

why ban this man from anything?

Originally posted by Childrn of Light
          I went to an interview at walmart. They'll call if they want to hire me. I am quivering in anticipation. May God bless us both.
          CoT's proud of you, know that.
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Interestingly (and I may be misusing that word), a fellow who teaches bankruptcy at our local state-sponsored law school had some dealings with Wal-Mart on behalf of a client, or so the story goes. (We are top-20, you go to the web and do the math.)

After flying down to bumfuck, egypt (insert actual town name here), he and his client arrived at Wal-Mart headquarters to negotiate a deal. They were told at 9:00 AM that they had all of thirty minutes to sign the contract offered to them.

My professor -- oops, I mean, said professor -- immediately complained; "what the hell are you talking about? We just flew all the hell the way down here to negotiate a contract!" . . ["I'm staying in a Motel SIX for God's sake! Are you joking?"]

Wal-Mart: "Umm, we don't negotiate contracts. Sign, or don't sign."

This is a fairly illuminative example of the power that efficiency of scale yields. In other (and more simple) words, big companies have your ass over a barrel.

Thanks for enjoying this issue of How To Get Fucked In Business By The Big Boys 101.

Ever diligent,

CK

Oh, yeah. P.S. They signed. Dude, it's fucking Wal-Mart. Think about it.
            1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
            THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic

Comment

Wal-Mart has destroyed our local small businesses. But $7 dollars an hour for putting milk on a shelf is $7 dollars an hour.

My interesting professor-Walmart tidbit: Personal Finance teacher once had an insight as to how they make their money. Whenever they purchase something, they have a prolonged period in which to actually pay them after receiving and selling the goods. So they have around 90 days to earn interest off of that money in addition to normal profits.

I thought that was pretty cool.
              LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Comment

Exactafuckingmundo, my unemployed brother.

The most apposite example of such business practices is, of course, amazon.com. They get your money from your credit-card purchase right away, yet they pay their vendors 90-120 days later. And because amazon.com does so much business, they have more leverage to garner larger percentages of interest from their -- momentary -- positive cash flows.

We're inadvertantly getting into the more interesting aspects of corporate finance here. I think this is some fascinating shit, although I realize many of our subspace bretheren find this type of thing either (a) unintelligible; or (b) boring. Well, hey -- that's how the world works -- how is that boring?

Amazon DID post a positive profit this last quarter, for the first time in history. I think that's gotta be the 6th sign of the Apocalypse. Which doesn't bode well for the subspace community, among other factions . . .

(For info on the other signs of the apocalypse, GO TO CHURCH.)

CK

Comment

I've stopped reading this thread a long time ago. I just have Ilya browse it for relevant information pertaining to people contributing pictures.

Comment

Crimson, I did take down one user after it was requested of me by 'an old friend.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Annux
                      Crimson, I did take down one user after it was requested of me by 'an old friend.'
                      heh

Comment

• OMFG, look at my picture
                        Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

• Originally posted by Annux

Did you do that only because it was requested by "an old friend"? I mean, if someone who wasn't considered "an old friend" asked you to do the same, would you?

Comment

• Oh TK, you know you and CoT are some of Annux's old friends.
                            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

• I see this TW gallery might grow to such lenghts that it would be a great idea to add a possibility to leave comments on another person's picture. A finnish gallery for IRC users, www.irc-galleria.net , has grown from zero to 14000 pictures in about a year.
                              jee

Comment

• Bleah... disregard.
                                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                                X