No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XII: Hands on results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF11 is an MMORPG and if you just bought a PS2 yours won't be compatible with a hard drive so you can't play it anyway.

FF10 is one of my favorite in the series. Incredible story and production values. You will like it more than FF12.

FF9 is... okish. It's just a bit bland and the characters are horrible. You basically play as a Furry.
    sdg

Comment

You can still play FFXI on a computer, but if you're looking for ps2 games, the older ones are your best bet.

I didn't care much for FFX, and prefer FFIX over it. I don't see the point of bringing in furries, you have a giant dog with a horn in your group in FFX, along with a bunch of other 1 dimensional characters that are set apart by hair gel and boobs.

I surely hope by production values you don't mean it you liked it because it looked pretty :turned:
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

what was X-2 like? I'm curious to see how they did a continued game.
        7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
        7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
        7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
        7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
        1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
          You can still play FFXI on a computer, but if you're looking for ps2 games, the older ones are your best bet.

I didn't care much for FFX, and prefer FFIX over it. I don't see the point of bringing in furries, you have a giant dog with a horn in your group in FFX, along with a bunch of other 1 dimensional characters that are set apart by hair gel and boobs.

I surely hope by production values you don't mean it you liked it because it looked pretty :turned:
          Well, if you're going to call FF10's characters 1-dimensional, then I guess you haven't played far into FF12 yet. Every character looks exactly the same-- just try looking at their faces in the menu-- and at the halfway point of the game there has been very little character development.

Production values, I just mean, how the game looks and sounds. It's very polished compared to the few FF games that came before it. FF12 seems clunky in comparison.
          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
            what was X-2 like? I'm curious to see how they did a continued game.
            One of the worst games ever made, the only FF game I disliked and took back to the shop.

Comment

I found FFIX's characters to be the least bland of the series. At the least, they were a welcome change from the moody, sullen characters from the preceding two. How could you not like Steiner's blind dedication (or the jingling of his armour)? And I find Vivi to be the most charming character in the entire series. I've said this before in other threads, but he shows more personality by adjusting his hat than most other characters do in their entire games.

Comment

^^^^^

One of the main reasons I think FFIX is the best in the series.

The story wasn't incredibly serious and dour. Plus, each character was original, and fully fleshed out.
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                  Well, if you're going to call FF10's characters 1-dimensional, then I guess you haven't played far into FF12 yet. Every character looks exactly the same-- just try looking at their faces in the menu-- and at the halfway point of the game there has been very little character development.

Production values, I just mean, how the game looks and sounds. It's very polished compared to the few FF games that came before it. FF12 seems clunky in comparison.
                  I wasn't comparing the characters of 10 and 12, I was comparing 9 and 10.

The group in 9 like TK said, had little things that emphasized their character archetypes and for the most part, had stories more appealing than the group in 10. Except for Quina, I never liked her from the beginning.

Wakka and Lulu could go die in a fire and story-wise with their paper thin development and depth of dialogue, Kimarhi and Rikku aren't much better. Auron and the fact that I've beaten every other one I've played are really the only reasons why I finished the game.

I don't get where you're going with production values, every FF from 7 onward had polish found in few other RPG's for their respective day and age. Including 12, the FMV's are flat out amazing. Do you mean character design? It's very similar to Vangrant Story, which is a definite jump from the normal FF style, that might be putting you off.
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Got it, played it for about 10 hours...

I don't know, I really feel as if I played this game before. It's a bit redundant in terms of, well... final fantasyness.
                    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Oddly enough I have to agree with you, especially during the FMV's about airships, or Vaan in general. I wouldn't mind if they made a main character have long red hair or something, just to mix things up.

Comment

The need to make FF games with main characters that don't all look the same. FF4 was awesome: who didn't like Cecil? Terra was a good lead character in FF6. Cloud was ok at first, too, but since then they had to make every character a feminine little boy with blonde hair.
                        sdg

Comment

Cecil is the shit.

FFXII is amazing so far. I love the fact that battles dont just pop up randomly - best Gameplay so far imo. I liked FFVIII Gameplay best before this.

As for X-2, my sister bought it outta nowhere, so I'll pickup X after I beat XII and see how it is.
                          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Just finished her. It's definitely the best role-playing game for PS2 and it's a shame it will be passed over with the recent console launches. You guys were definitely right when you said it was a far cry from the normal Final Fantasy, but for me it was a pleasant suprise. Now I'm either going to buy Final Fantasy Tactics or sell my console to buy a Wii. Decisions, decisions...
                            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                            i just wish it was longer
                            Originally posted by Cops
                            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                            X