Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Seas are sick ... when will we stop the over fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disliked
    You'd make a lovely dictator.

Why is the abolishment of general cosmetic surgery the very top of your list above 'corruption' and 'destruction of the rainforests'. Surerly they're more important?
    dunno lol

the list wasn't really ordered or thought out.

think it was cuase i was talking/arguing with my friend a while ago about the morality of the doctors operating on people who didn't need cosmetic surgery and how i thought it was all wrong and enhancing the pressures on the general populace to look perfect and i thought it should be banned.
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Why are you blaming the companies doing the fishing? They are just attempting to provide a product for which there is a high demand. When people stop wanting fish will be when we stop overfishing. So long as there is demand and a potential profit, there will always be someone willing to do the supplying.

llater,
      Tony

Comment

They have laws for this based upon a countries fishing boundries as to where they control the waters off of their coastline. These laws are always broken, usually by countries that economically are so dependent on fishing, that they run drift nets for miles in other countries waters.

Drift nets alone should be outlawed! There is no real council or world law that prevents these countries from fishing in the manner that they do.

I know that Iceland has been in trouble before for fishing in the Canadian waters with drift nets on many an occassion, as well as Japan has done this too.

Until the fisheries are depleted, the corporations in charge of these fishing fleets will not stop.

Boycott fish from your diets. At least vegetables can be replenished on a seasonal yearly basis. But hey...they are just fish...who cares. In fact lets kill all the monkies on earth so we can grind up there hands, as I hear it is used as a sex aid in some Asian countries...and F' the Elephants...lets just kill them all off so we can make carvings from there tusks. Animals are only on this planet for our entertainment and sport...they are meant to all be killed off and exploited for monies. I am totally being sarcastic, but from the corporate and govt. viewpoints, it makes me wonder if thats not how they feel!
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

The money was for the Red Cross to help kids in Congo reunite with their families, lots of kids lost their parents in the civil war (lost as in didn't know where they were, not as in dead). 15 euro's is enough to help one kid find his parents again, they totaled about 2.3 million euro. Wich is all for the Red Cross to be used in Congo.

On a sidenote, totally off topic, the other day I heard that only 3!! countries stuck to the agreement of giving 0.7% of the national budgets/profits/earnings ( I can't remember exactly from what it was) for third world help. America is giving less then 0.2% (America is the only country I heard a number from, so the only one I am naming).
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Well .. now that we're talking about America..
            What about the Kyoto protocol ?
            The US just refuse signing that pact.. so how in earth can ANYONE do anything about the global warming if one of the biggest countries .. and one of the biggest INDUSTRIAL countries doesn't sign the pact ?
            What's the use ..? The whole world is trying to solve the global warming, but the US just keeps on going .. Not trying to stop it.
            Why didn't they sign ?? => Money.

This whole frigging world is about money. Every decision is about money. Do they care that they're destroying the world ? Nah .. as long as the money keeps on coming, they don't give a fuck about anything else. Sick .. and sad.
            TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
            4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
            4:vys> know it for sure
            4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
            3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
            3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Global warming (at least as a result of pollution) still hasn't been proven to exist. There certainly wasn't any pollution during the Ice Age that caused everything to get warmer. Also, before people start worrying about the world as a whole we could just try to clean up our domestic stuff. The Chesapeake Bay is a total mess.
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                Global warming (at least as a result of pollution) still hasn't been proven to exist.
                Nor has it been proven not to exist. Until we know for sure, wouldn't it be wise to pick the safest option? Apparently, not. Besides, pollution itself is _provenly_ causing other nasty environmental effects so that's reason enough to cut back.
                Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                  Global warming (at least as a result of pollution) still hasn't been proven to exist.
                  What about Canada's Inuit people? They've known the issue for much longer than all of us! How can we all still deny that our pollution is causing problems? What will happen when all the north and the south's ice caps melt completely? What will we do when part of our continents get flooded? How will the world react when the Earth's organisms can't survive the harsh climate changes? How will we survive?

Cold is Cool
                  Air is Fresh

Oh the tragedy! ^-^
                  Last edited by Hakaku; 01-07-2006, 02:02 AM.
                  Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                  -Buddha

Comment

flee to new orleans

Comment

Chicken of the Sea! eace:
                      I see no changes all I see is racist faces
                      misplaced hate makes disgrace to races

Comment

Originally posted by Zazu
                        Well .. now that we're talking about America..
                        What about the Kyoto protocol ?
                        The US just refuse signing that pact.. so how in earth can ANYONE do anything about the global warming if one of the biggest countries .. and one of the biggest INDUSTRIAL countries doesn't sign the pact ?
                        What's the use ..? The whole world is trying to solve the global warming, but the US just keeps on going .. Not trying to stop it.
                        Why didn't they sign ?? => Money.

This whole frigging world is about money. Every decision is about money. Do they care that they're destroying the world ? Nah .. as long as the money keeps on coming, they don't give a fuck about anything else. Sick .. and sad.
                        Sad thing is...signing a paper that says you will abide by the agreement is a waste of time.

Reports show that 90% of the EU countries that have signed this deal will not be able to comply with the reduction of emissions they produce.

It is one thing to sign the agreement & another to live up to it. I can't blame the States for not signing it, as perhaps they know they cannot reduce the pollution as prescribed by Kyoto protocol. But to sign this and not be able to actually abide by it is just ridiculous. Why cast the negatives and blame game? It has come down to the actual industries in the States that are making the decisions to reduce there pollutants and they are not waiting for the Govt to do this for them. To me that's a step forward in doing something about this problem.

It would seem that signing the agreement is all that anyone is caring about. Nobody seems to care that the countries that signed this & will not abide by the agreement are just as bad.

Want to blame a country that will seal the fate of pollution in the future...look at China!

Comment

I produce Greenhouse gasses out my asses.
                          I bust bitches with my dicks
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
                            The money was for the Red Cross to help kids in Congo reunite with their families, lots of kids lost their parents in the civil war (lost as in didn't know where they were, not as in dead). 15 euro's is enough to help one kid find his parents again, they totaled about 2.3 million euro. Wich is all for the Red Cross to be used in Congo.

On a sidenote, totally off topic, the other day I heard that only 3!! countries stuck to the agreement of giving 0.7% of the national budgets/profits/earnings ( I can't remember exactly from what it was) for third world help. America is giving less then 0.2% (America is the only country I heard a number from, so the only one I am naming).
                            You cannot point it at the country (USA) for monetary aid. Look at the several charities from the States. If you check out what charities donated monies it will be if not equal, but greater than any one countries monetary aid to a disaster.

Monetary aid from the States is not going to ever be a large number, yet the charities alone will be larger than anything the Govt can give. Keep in mind tax write off's.

Comment

The Netherlands, next to us living up to the 0.7% and being the country wich gives the most to charity in Europe. Also has charities, that action I was talking about, raised 2.3 million euro (16 million people living here). Last year for the Tsunami, we raised about 200 million in total. And that's all apart from what the goverment gives each year too. So next to our goverment giving the agreed 0.7% we also have tons of charities and stuff racking up alot of money a year.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

whats even more suprising, is that about 1 third of american foreign aid, i suspect is to israel. to help strengthen their military etc. why not give the money, to i don't know, poor people.

as for kyoto, i don't think its a big shock that not many will be able to abide by the protocols in the first few years. its a goal to shoot for. and i think a good goal to aspire to. they have punishments for countries that don't meet the targets, and ways to help people meet the targets, eventually i assume countries will be able to cut down on their emissions. how is any of this ridiculous? i don't think anyone thought there would be instantaneous compliance.

Comment

Working...
                                X