Things you are thankful for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you are thankful for.

List some of the things you're thankful for.... it could be as sentimental or as shallow as you want.

I'm thankful for (in no particular order):

1) Being in America. It might not be perfect, but it's damn better than staying anywhere else.
    2) My parents. Who tried their best not to spoil me.
    3) The Daily Show with John Stewart.
    4) Nike Shox (best shoes ever).
    5) Opportunity to go to a university.
    6) Wendy's Junior Bacon Cheeseburger (it's 99cents again! YAY)
    7) Women
    8) The J-man
    9) Not having worry about food
    10) Eva Mendez
    11) The Flava of Love
    Last edited by Bioture; 01-27-2006, 04:13 AM.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

just seen Underworld -Evolution
    so i'm going with tight PVC

shallow enough for you?

ooh p.s. its just your opinion that USA is the greatest, not fact. If your happy there good for you but its a bit insulting to the rest of the world to claim your better than them. Personaly i like the idea of a free health care system rather than insurance.
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

The fact that Pompey Vs Liverpool kicks off at 6pm so I've got another half a day to write my essay
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop
        just seen Underworld -Evolution
        so i'm going with tight PVC

shallow enough for you?

ooh p.s. its just your opinion that USA is the greatest, not fact. If your happy there good for you but its a bit insulting to the rest of the world to claim your better than them. Personaly i like the idea of a free health care system rather than insurance.
        Not to start flaming, but if you ask most doctors in the USA, they'll tell you that while other places get free health care, the quality of the care they recieve is not the same as in the USA. I should know because as a medical student in America, it'll talked about quite a bit. So while we do have to pay an extraorbitant amount of money (you can argue whether the care is worth that much), the care you recieve in the USA is top-notch.

In keeping w/the topic of the thread ... things I am thankful for:

- having the opportunity to go to college
        - not having to worry too much about paying my own tuition (very thankful for)
        - music (file-sharing etc)
        - food (especially sushi)
        - nalgene bottles (w/milk tea) which help me stay awake during lectures/when I'm studying
        - audionotes so I don't have to go to lectures at 8 am
        - parents who cared about how I did in school
        - fleeces ... whoever invented them was a genius
        Last edited by Sufficient; 01-27-2006, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
          Not to start flaming, but if you ask most doctors in the USA, they'll tell you that while other places get free health care, the quality of the care they recieve is not the same as in the USA. I should know because as a medical student in America, it'll talked about quite a bit. So while we do have to pay an extraorbitant amount of money (you can argue whether the care is worth that much), the care you recieve in the USA is top-notch.
          hmm US doctors say we are great?

anyway a one off example
          A friend of our family lives over in the USA
          She got pregnant and had to pay for the delivery
          unfortunately their was a very late miscarrage and the baby died, she had to be induced and deliver the dead baby then pay for the delivery
          then they offered an autopsy to discover what went wrong, but it would cost an extra 1000-2000 dollars or something which they couldn't afford.

to me that all seems very wrong and brings up more stress for an allready traumatised family, here that would all been done for free without having to ask for money, that is better quality in my opinion.

Your quality is only for the rich, the poor don't get top notch treatment. There are plenty of European countries that offer an excellent standard of healthcare for everyone, not just the rich. I'd rather live in a society like that, than one with double standards for the rich and poor. That is my opinion, if it makes you sleep easier at night saying that your offering top notch service at a price so be it, if i was a doctor i wouldn't want to make sure a person was rich before doing everything in my power to help them.
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

-Health care without going broke
            -Having the opertunity to goto college -without going into debt.
            -The abundance of food North America can produce
            -SiFi Fridays
            -Technology

Comment

Things I'm thankful for...hmmm....

-Being Canadian
              -Being french
              -Music and P2P file sharing
              -TV, telephone and computers
              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
              -Buddha

Comment

My health
                My family's safety
                Rock 'n Roll
                My parents for never getting me a game console as a kid
                Being able to attend college
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop
                  hmm US doctors say we are great?

anyway a one off example
                  A friend of our family lives over in the USA
                  She got pregnant and had to pay for the delivery
                  unfortunately their was a very late miscarrage and the baby died, she had to be induced and deliver the dead baby then pay for the delivery
                  then they offered an autopsy to discover what went wrong, but it would cost an extra 1000-2000 dollars or something which they couldn't afford.

to me that all seems very wrong and brings up more stress for an allready traumatised family, here that would all been done for free without having to ask for money, that is better quality in my opinion.

Your quality is only for the rich, the poor don't get top notch treatment. There are plenty of European countries that offer an excellent standard of healthcare for everyone, not just the rich. I'd rather live in a society like that, than one with double standards for the rich and poor. That is my opinion, if it makes you sleep easier at night saying that your offering top notch service at a price so be it, if i was a doctor i wouldn't want to make sure a person was rich before doing everything in my power to help them.
                  No one says the US healthcare system is perfect. No one says it's inexpensive. I dunno if you know about Medicaid (healthcare for low-income families/individuals) ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid. Medicaid itself is not perfect. But if you wanna talk about quality of care regardless of cost, the US healthcare IS very good. As I said before, whether or not you believe that quality of care is worth your money is up to you. And the story you told, while I sympathize with the mother and family, I have heard horror stories about the healthcare in other European countries with their free healthcare for all system.

I guess this is what it boils down to ... while US's emergency/(critical care) healthcare system is excellent, its preventative healthcare system stinks.

Edit: 1 more quick thing ... I'm mainly referring to other countries' public health care. I understand that in places like Ireland (which I'm assuming you're from or live atm), there are private health care packages (and they're a bargain at least according to this website http://movetoireland.com/movepag/medpriva.htm)
                  Last edited by Sufficient; 01-27-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Firstly, I agree with pressure, and stating that america is far better just feeds the anti-america people and threads on this board. You want it to stop and then say something like that.

And second, we the healthcare system in the Netherland and as far as I know, the quality of our hospitals is excellent. Sure you can go to private clinics pay more and stuff. But even for the poorer people the quality in our hospitals is excellent. The standards of becoming a doctor or getting into uni for that education are very high and it's very tough to get in. I have no problem being dead broke and needing to go to the hospital here, as opposed to being dead broke and needing to go to the hospital in America.

Basicly what this thread is doing, is giving the anti-america people more fuel.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
                      Firstly, I agree with pressure, and stating that america is far better just feeds the anti-america people and threads on this board. You want it to stop and then say something like that.

And second, we the healthcare system in the Netherland and as far as I know, the quality of our hospitals is excellent. Sure you can go to private clinics pay more and stuff. But even for the poorer people the quality in our hospitals is excellent. The standards of becoming a doctor or getting into uni for that education are very high and it's very tough to get in. I have no problem being dead broke and needing to go to the hospital here, as opposed to being dead broke and needing to go to the hospital in America.

Basicly what this thread is doing, is giving the anti-america people more fuel.
                      Gal, look closely at what I've written. You're basically reading "American healthcare system is better than any others" because you WANT to read that. Nowhere do I explicitly say that. I may be biased in some ways because I'm in the medical profession/study and am an American, but I definitely back up what I say with logical arguments. And I always give credit to the reality of the situation ... US healthcare system is not perfect, nor is it as bad as ppl think it is. You have your European bias and I have my American bias. It's bias on both sides, not just one.

One thing I dislike about forums in general is that ppl put words in your mouth.
                      Last edited by Sufficient; 01-27-2006, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I'm not thankful for anything until Thanksgiving. And not the Canadian one!

Comment

I would be thankful if my fellow Brothers & Sisters in North America would take a course in Geography. In noting the ignorance percieved by some as being American or from America...when did a citizen from the United States become just a plain old American. Canadians and Mexicans are American's too! Use the term Yank or as someone had mentioned in a different thread "Statesman" hehehe

In using this term...all my fellow neighboring Canadians & Mexicans are Americans too!

All I know is when I am abroad and asked where I am from, the reply is usually "your from the States" Not your from America :P

Ok onto the Thankful list!

My Family
                          My Porsche (1964 SC)
                          My Land Rover (1965 Series IIA 88)
                          My Collection of Guitars, mandolins and other various instruments
                          The fact that the Philadelphia Flyers cannot win a Stanley Cup! I Hate the Flyers!!! Go DEVILS!!!!
                          Good Pizza
                          Amazing CheeseSteaks! wit or witout
                          hmmm...oh well too many things that could go on and on with...but who cares.
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                            Not to start flaming, but if you ask most doctors in the USA, they'll tell you that while other places get free health care, the quality of the care they recieve is not the same as in the USA.
                            To me this states that America has better healthcare then any country that provides free healthcare for the people who can't afford it. And I was stating that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the healthcare given in the Netherlands, and that I THINK (I am not a doctor, I can't say I know for fact that we have a top notch healthcare, but based on what I know and know of the Dutch society, I can be pretty sure) that it is among the best in the world. Even for the people who get it for "free".

Now, I have read that qoute about 10 times, in different ways and as openminded as I can, but I can't make much more of it then that you are stating that the USA Healthcare is better then any healtcare given for "free".

(I am saying "free" because you can't really state that it's free, the poorer people just don't pay the costs).
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Instead of derailing Bio's thread, go argue about that stuff here.

1) My health
                              2) The safety of my friends and family
                              3) The opportunity to go to college
                              4) Knowing what I want to do as a career
                              5) The ablity to draw
                              6)A roof over my head, clean clothes on my back
                              7)Friends and family
                              8)My PC
                              9)My own bed
                              10) Not being sick anymore
                              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X