THE OSCARS -- MEGA THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE OSCARS -- MEGA THREAD

Who's watching tonight, and who do you want to win?/ who do you think go snubbed?

Personally, I saw Crash and Brokeback, and I thought Brokeback was a great movie, but Crash was better.

And I really hope Jon Stewart doesn't water down his comedy.

Also, A History of Violence got snubbed this year, as did Hustle and Flow, which I thought was going to be another black ppl (50 Cent Get Rich or Die Tryin, or 8 Mile) sort of movie, but instead turned out to be very good. The fact that they're only up for Best Actor, and Song is ridiculous in my mind.

Also, the best film this year, IMO, had to be King Kong. It was highly entertaining, well written, well acted, and visually mesmerizing. King Kong, and Peter Jackson (who's films I normally don't like) definately got the shaft stick this year.

Thoughts, comments?
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Originally posted by Squeezer
    ...as did Hustle and Flow, which I thought was going to be another black ppl (50 Cent Get Rich or Die Tryin, or 8 Mile) sort of movie, but instead turned out to be very good.
    Watch out Galileo.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Reese for the big win!!!!!! :fear:
      Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

king kong sucked..in my opinion, the kong doesnt come out for like 2 hours, i was like wtf, i didnt pay to see a bunch of half nude black dancing like freaks

Comment

That gay oscar movie-.-.-

wut is it called...'brokeback mountain'?

its about some gay guys' story, and its one of the hot academy nominations, wtf!?

when did the oscars become gay?

wuts ur opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by deathking_
            king kong sucked..in my opinion, the kong doesnt come out for like 2 hours, i was like wtf, i didnt pay to see a bunch of half nude black dancing like freaks
            OHGAHGAH stoopit natives.
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

my opinion is that since Skitzo has fallen out of the lime light, it must be you that's planning to take his place <_<
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

since wen doo gey ppl get to have rights.

Comment

My opinion is that people that use "wut" for what like to have anal sex with their own gender.
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

apparently the richer, more successful people in life, understand that gay does not equal BAD.

learn from them... not everyone out there jacks off to Saw 2 :P

Comment

they jack off to 2 cowboys doing it like mammals on the discovery channel.

btw gay cowboy sex is like been done a thousand times in short film festivels, they just did it in a full featured film with some actors that have been in other movies.
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

the only reason this movie is nominated is because its so "brave". im not a homophob at all i simply thought this was a terribly written\directed movie and im pissed that it got nominated based soley on the fact that its ABOUT gays. now that i think about it 80% of hollywood IS gay so i wouldnt doubt it wins........ what a shameful awards show when its not based on quality movies anymore.... of course the downfall of oscar started with the Passion of Christ winning.....what a scam. fuck if you can write\direct as long as its "controversial" your bound to win!

so for all you future writers, simply write a movie about a gay interracial couple trying to live in the south, throw in some racial remarks and men kissing, shoot it in your backyard (it wont matter) and youll have yourself the next Oscar!

btw i say again, i have nothing against gays, just terrible movies
                        Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                        1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                        Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                        caco <ER>> )Oo
                        caco <ER>> bot thief!
                        caco <ER>> duel me for it
                        Evasive <E> no!
                        Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Originally posted by WuTang420
                          the only reason this movie is nominated is because its so "brave". im not a homophob at all i simply thought this was a terribly written\directed movie and im pissed that it got nominated based soley on the fact that its ABOUT gays.now that i think about it 80% of hollywood IS gay so i wouldnt doubt it wins........ what a shameful awards show when its not based on quality movies anymore....
                          Did you even see this movie? Or are you just basing this off what you think the movie is about? Seriously, this only proves to me you are a dick, and that you can't appreciate good cinema. Sure, it wasn't the best picture this year, but it is a hell of a good one.

Originally posted by WuTang420
                          of course the downfall of oscar started with the Passion of Christ winning.....what a scam. fuck if you can write\direct as long as its "controversial" your bound to win!
                          ... Passion of the Christ didn't win any academy awards. Nor did it even get Nominated. Just shut the hell up, because you are obviously too immature to understand how anything in the world works.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                            Did you even see this movie? Or are you just basing this off what you think the movie is about? Seriously, this only proves to me you are a dick, and that you can't appreciate good cinema. Sure, it wasn't the best picture this year, but it is a hell of a good one.
                            i saw the film, the graphics and the music was good, but godamn, when i saw them wrap around each other, trying to be gay ,western, handsome, and intimate, i lost all taste for the movie...

but i guess the stars are pretty open to 'new' ideas

i hope love and romantic movies dont change from the straightness to homosexuality
                            Last edited by deathking_; 03-05-2006, 11:54 PM.

Comment

oops double post

Comment

Working...
                              X