This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis

Crytek, the people who brought you Far Cry, has released some info to the gaming media about their latest project called Crysis. The screen shots and videos look pretty fucking amazing.

The only problem is there's been some debate about when it's going to be released, because I think it was supposed to incorporate DirectX 10, which is going to be the standard for Vista, but with Vista delayed, who knows if that means Crysis will be held back too.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/694/694190.html

Originally posted by Subjugation
    The only problem is there's been some debate about when it's going to be released, because I think it was supposed to incorporate DirectX 10, which is going to be the standard for Vista, but with Vista delayed, who knows if that means Crysis will be held back too.
    More important than DX10 being standard in vista, it seems Vista is required for DX10. So if this game is going to require it, I can't imagine them releasing it before vista gets extremely common.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think the DX10 SDK wasn't even released until December 2005, so I think this game is a long way off, vista delay or no.

Comment

Wow, that looks pretty immense. Shame my PC can't run any next-gen games well, besides HL2..

Thats another point, I hope in Vista they've helped performance for games, unlike in memory consuming XP.
      Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 03-30-2006, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Sweet mother of god this game is going to look AWESOME

actually there are a few tests that say this is true not many but a few

Seriously, no bumping threads that have been dead for a year and a half. -playhoop
        Last edited by PH; 09-22-2007, 12:54 AM.
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Hi subj =[

Miss u
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
          X