BBC Interviews Cabbie Instead of Tech Analyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Interviews Cabbie Instead of Tech Analyst

Looks like this guy had the same first name as "Guy Kewney" who the BBC was supposed to interview regarding an apple court ruling.

Only problem is, the stage manager didn't get the right "guy" from the lobby!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56209&q=cabbie

The facial expression he makes when he realizes that something has gone terribly terribly wrong (at 0:05 into the video) is priceless.

(I'm not sure they actually know who he is, but according to the video title he was the cabbie of the the guy who was supposed to be interviewed)
    Last edited by Zingy; 05-25-2006, 01:10 PM.
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

He wasn't a cabbie but a person applying for an IT job. He went to the front desk and told them he was there for an interview (a job interview) and that his name was Guy, only his last name was Kewney.

Comment

We have this program on Friday night prime time on the BBC called "have I got news for you" which provided a slow-mo of the guy's reaction at the beginning of the clip. I can't show it to you but take my word for it that it was funny. He wasn't a cabbie he was there for a job interview, and he thought the news interview was part of a mock job interview. The cabbie story is the hurried excuse the BBC gave for their cock-up. This guy actually has a master's degree in economics

Edit: Troll King I'm hating you a lot right now
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

He did a pretty good job BS'ing his way through the interview though!

I was impressed.
        CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Funny. Pretty cool that he had his wits about him to try and BS through it after they introduced him wrong.

Comment

Go Zingy

Comment

hehe, that's bad.. they want to kick him out of the USA because he hadn't got a work permition?
              Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
                Looks like this guy had the same first name as "Guy Kewney" who the BBC was supposed to interview regarding an apple court ruling.

Only problem is, the stage manager didn't get the right "guy" from the lobby!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56209&q=cabbie

The facial expression he makes when he realizes that something has gone terribly terribly wrong (at 0:05 into the video) is priceless.

(I'm not sure they actually know who he is, but according to the video title he was the cabbie of the the guy who was supposed to be interviewed)
                He had a really priceless look on his face, and managed to bs his way through it. Kudos to him, althought it makes me wonder what happened afterwards when they found out...

Comment

Working...
                X