May Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Sucks

So at the beginning of May was my father's birthday. Without conversing about what we got my dad, My Mom and Sister bought him a pair of Sony headphones. The only problem was I too had bought a pair of Sennheisers for him. This lead to panic and chaos, as we only essentially had one present. Mom didn't end up wrapping mine, which lead to me being pissed off. I give him his present, unwrapped, and left the room.

He ended up returning them both.

Continuing with the downward trend - I got mono somewhere around May 12th. Mono is a bitch and a half, so I had 2 weeks worth of school work to catch up on.

After I finally catch up on all the work, I go to get my schedule for Senior year. Not only do I have only one study hall, and only for one-half year, I have one extra class, and I didn't get Music Theory II, my 2nd elective choice, because it didn't fit into the school's budget. I'm boxed in terms of classes, meaning all the classes I have can't be rearranged in order for me to leave early or come in late.

Later THAT DAY, in P.E., we were playing BADMITTION - possibly the single least contact oriented sport next to golf - and I felt my knee essentially pop and give out. It turns out I tore my ACL. I had over 100cc of fluid in my knee joint. On top of all that I'm not allowed to walk for 2 weeks and not allowed to climb stairs or go up inclines without assisstance or crutches, or DRIVE (fasfshit.) for 2-3 months. Finally, no sports for at least 3-6 months, depending on how bad the tear is.

On June 2nd I have to take an MRI to evaluate how badly it is torn and whether I had any cartilidge damage.

So fuck you May.
    Last edited by DoTheFandango; 05-26-2006, 11:49 AM.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

If its any consolation we were promised a drought but its set to be the wettest may on record.
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I live in Connecticut. I should add that. It rained almost 2/3 of the days here.
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I would have taken the Sennheisers hands down over the Sony headphones. Sennheiser makes such a good product and mostly on a professional level.

Sorry to hear about your knee...as well as the crappy month your having.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

i'm sorry bout the knee.

tore out my acl in 2000, its a bitch and a half, knee full of blood, full acl reconstruction, and about 6 months of physiotherapy to get it good again after the surgery.

But acl tears/rips arent contact based, its sharp turns/changes of lateral direction that snap/tear it, very common in sports like icehockey, football, tennis, rugby, etc.. sports where you change direction quickly basically.

I advise you to spend a decent amount of money on a GOOD lateral knee brace, it will really help you recover, especially mentally, since i was still "scared" of ripping it again after the surgery (even though the new joint is stronger than the old one), and the brace really inspired confidence in getting back into sports like football and rugby.

Best of luck with the recovery
          Displaced> I get pussy every day
          Displaced> I'm rich
          Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
          Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
          Thors> prolly
          Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

If its any consolation, the day you're taking your MRI is also my birthday.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

1st knee surgery
              2nd knee surgery
              3rd knee surgery

I went in last week to see if I needed a 4th. Prognosis- I'm going to live with the right knee not being 100%.

Sorry to say but personally I'd rather know up front- don't expect to be back after 3-6 months. You'll gradually get better but no where near 100% even after a year. Your reconstructed ACL will be 10x stronger than the one before but your knee (muscles, etc) will be 10x weaker. Hit the weights. Train hard. Get in shape and losing weight (if you need to) will help too.

Comment

I have to go through a huge lifestyle change after this. That's the scariest part. I have rehab and all that shit. I know I'll never be back to 100%, or even 90% for that matter - but I still need to get in shape.

The worst part is, I have to do all this acedemic stuff (SAT II, Finals, Placement Tests) and that means being uncomfortable for long amounts of time. The only position I feel comfortable is reclined and elevated, so I don't know how I'm going to manage this one.

But I hit Level 39 today in WoW and probably will hit 40 by Sunday.

Comment

At least you weren't run over
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I had a terrible first and last experience with a portaloo too, May is a shit month indeed.

Comment

My Grandmother had her second stroke on Wednesday.

Comment

damn geekbot, that has to suck.

im sorta surprised by your long ass recovery time tho.

i was on crutches for just over a week, maybe 8 days.

after that i had my little lateral knee brace on and was walking on it just "fine", and started physiotherapy at about 3 weeks post op. did all kinds of walking up and down stairs without assistance training, balancing on balls, catching balls, stretching, ultra-sound, etc.

at about 3 months i was allowed to start running, so i started doing that pretty often, at 4 months i was doing "snap turns" i.e. running triangles and figures on the basketball courts etc, and at 5 months i was "good to go".

granted, its been just over 3 years ago, and my leg muscles still arent at the same level as on my right leg, and im going to the gym etc.

speaking of may and leg injuries, i tore my meniscus on my right knee, had the surgery to repair it on tuesday 23rd of may, and im out of action untill the 11th of june...
                        Last edited by Displaced; 05-27-2006, 10:01 AM.
                        Displaced> I get pussy every day
                        Displaced> I'm rich
                        Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                        Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                        Thors> prolly
                        Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Condolences about the knee. That sucks the fat hairy one.

But you still got 4 and a half days left, dude. You're gonna fuckin jinx urself.

Comment

May was cool for me. I finished school.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

May sucked for me. I got my first B ever

And my brother got expelled on the last day of school, what a nerd haha
                              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                              1:Chao <ER>> at all
                              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
                              X