No announcement yet.

Do free RPG games truly exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just not very impressed by the size of the bosses or the wide open terrains they are in. Go look watch some recorded raids for WoW, it's utter chaos. I watch my little brother play sometimes and he was fighting this one boss in the newest raid dungeon. The guy was about 200 feet tall and he makes copies of himself when he gets to 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 life. Oh and he also randomly takes control of members in the raid, growing them to about 40 feet. I'm sure FFXI is a great game, it just doesn't have the sense of awe that WoW can inspire simply by walking into a capital city for the first time.

Comment

lol, WoW is much-much too cartoony for my likes. FFXI is more, real world type graphics.
      Girl if it's alright,
      100%.

Comment

Okay, I'll give the game props for that one boss. Circling dragon minions gave him extra points. Still, WoW has at least 50 bosses at least as impressive. How is a 20 hour long fight even possible? The longest fight I've heard of in WoW is maybe 3-4 hours, Can people run away and recharge during fights? Do bosses chase after and stay on specific chars until they are dead? The agro system in WoW makes it incredibly hard to kill bosses. One warrior tanks the boss (or more if their are minions) and 10 guys heal the tank. The key is to let the warrior be the only one dealing damage for the first minute or two because monsters attack whoever is dealing them the most damage. So if a mage deals too much damage, the boss suddenly attacks him and it completely wipes the agro built up by the tank. If this happens everyone dies most of them time because it's tough to get the boss attacking the main tank again. Long winded explaination I know, but it's an innovative fighting system.

Comment

Originally posted by Broly
          lol, WoW is much-much too cartoony for my likes. FFXI is more, real world type graphics.
          A game with elves, dwarves, trolls, dragons and magic should not look at all like the real world in my opinion. The one problem I've had with the Final Fantasy world/games is how all the characters are humans or very close.

Comment

A game with elves, dwarves, trolls, dragons and magic should not look at all like a saturday morning cartoon in my opinion :P
            Girl if it's alright,
            100%.

Comment

Did you like that graphical style in the original Warcraft games?

Comment

lol i used to play tibia like 2 years or so ago.

it's full of cheaters and power abusing.. and there are seriously some hardcore geeks who play that game and power level up..

there are a lot of botters as well.. and the older worlds are almost impossible to log on with a free account

Tibia to play for free is ok for a while.. but after a while you'll find out why u might need to start paying to play it, as there are so much advantages for having a "premium" account on tibia.

and the graphics sucks.. i don't know why i used to play it!
                Ardour> my fire button is escape key. and thrust is F12. i like to make it as hard for me as possible.
                Reaver> i play subspace with a steering wheel and gas pedal and a dance dance revolution pad
                Reaver> i gotta jump on the arrows and turn left to fire
                Ardour> my movement keys are random letters. i change them regually

Glide> my parents are being evil, they stole my antenna in an attempt to ground me from internet
                Glide> so i made one

Comment

lol, yeah it does. those graphics don't impress me like FFXI i guess
                  Last edited by Broly; 06-02-2006, 10:02 AM.
                  Girl if it's alright,
                  100%.

Comment

you know you play FFXI too much when you think about running into traffic to blood warp :grin:
                    Girl if it's alright,
                    100%.

Comment

why are you talking about final fantasy 11 this thread is about free rpg games

LOL I LIKE COLLECTING KEYS TO SUMMON BOSSES THAT HAVE A 1% CHANCE OF DROPPING KEYS TO SUMMON BOSSES THAT HAVE A 1% CHANCE OF DROPPING KEYS TO SUMMON BOSSES THAT HAVE A 1% CHANCE OF DROPPING KEYS THAT SUMMON A BOSS THAT CAN'T BE KILLED, GOOD GAME DESIGN AND I APPLAUD IT
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

because i was asked about it, pretty simple logic no? i didnt see you add anything productive to this thread
                        Last edited by Broly; 06-02-2006, 05:16 PM.
                        Girl if it's alright,
                        100%.

Comment

I've been playing Ragnarok Online for two days, I don't really know why I like it, but it's fun. There are many free servers out there, just google for "ragnarok free servers". I used to play a game called "Conquer Online", it was very boring and awkward, but I still enjoyed it. I think it's still free. I also played another mmorpg called "knight online" but I didn't like it much.

Eventide looks very interesting, I'll give it a try, but I don't know if my computer will handle it. Same with SilkRoad.

links:
                          http://www.euphro.com/ (ragnarok server I'm playing on)
                          http://www.conqueronline.com/
                          http://www.knight-online.com.my/index.asp
                          :groovy:.fm
                          toucanlam.com

Comment

Originally posted by +/-
                            I've been playing Ragnarok Online for two days, I don't really know why I like it, but it's fun. There are many free servers out there, just google for "ragnarok free servers". I used to play a game called "Conquer Online", it was very boring and awkward, but I still enjoyed it. I think it's still free. I also played another mmorpg called "knight online" but I didn't like it much.

Eventide looks very interesting, I'll give it a try, but I don't know if my computer will handle it. Same with SilkRoad.

links:
                            http://www.euphro.com/ (ragnarok server I'm playing on)
                            http://www.conqueronline.com/
                            http://www.knight-online.com.my/index.asp
                            thanks mate, i'll try RO again
                            Girl if it's alright,
                            100%.

Comment

You can always play Lineage 2 on one of the private servers (I got bored of it and stopped) Same goes for WoW (Again got bored) Or A3 (same story again)
                              I think you can also tru MU Online. Conquer Online which was also free when I played it and then there are a few more I forgot about.
                              There's a list and yes I did play them all lol.
                              Last edited by AngelsGirl; 06-02-2006, 09:33 PM.
                              Izor> euros have hot accents but you still talk funny :P
                              Izor> and youre a stupid nebwie
                              AngelGirl> I know <3
                              AngelGirl> but you still <3 me
                              Izor> ROFL

pee pee so> ur name make no cents kid, pick a knew one wow ur stoopid
                              pee pee socK> im top 10 wb in tw

(paradise)>hey deluge said he wants to have kids with u

Comment

Working...
                              X