X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol pv, I wonder if I understand ......
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I guess King Missile's proved to a certain extent what effect this issue has had on some people.

I'm just going to take a moment to be uncharacteristically patriotic here and call him an ass.

Ass.

Comment

I watch news everyday, not seena nything about it but then again i'm in U.K.

I'm not defending america, I'm just saying no country cares about little stuff that happens in different countries, it won''t make good entertainment so news tv doesn't show it but most likely the sites of CNN and BBC etc will have an article somewhere..

Comment

Be careful KM of a country that can drown your entire populace in maple syrup.
          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Because news is really about entertainment.

Comment

Marilyn Manson probably put it in the best terms I've heard in a while (not that I'm a fan of Marilyn Manson, but he's actually a pretty intelligent person), that US news today is more about perpetuating an environment of "fear and consumption" than it is about actual news.
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

but then again, without an environment of fear and consumption (one perpetuated by such a statement) Marilyn Manson would be out of a job.

Comment

i think the daily show with john stewart takes a really intelligent look at american news programming and then shits on it. in a light hearted sort of way!

Comment

I hate to say this, but I didn't hear a damn thing about Canada in High School at all, I don't even know what kind of government you guys run under...I just know that some of you speak french.

And it's rare to hear about Canada in the news unless Americans are involved (ie. the avalanche that killed 4 americans recently)
                    So no, for my answer...I've heard nothing about the incident.

By the way, the term (when applied to military) is usually "friendly fire" not "teamkilling":P
                    Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked

I'm not defending america, I'm just saying no country cares about little stuff that happens in different countries, it won''t make good entertainment so news tv doesn't show it but most likely the sites of CNN and BBC etc will have an article somewhere..
                      News isn't about entertainment, it is all about what sells

Most Americans probably don't care about a few Canadians dying, so the news won't make the headline, peroid.

Not that I want to upset you, but this is the cruel fact *shrug*
                      Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
                        By the way, the term (when applied to military) is usually "friendly fire" not "teamkilling":P
                        Being as TK is a very intelligent fella. i am quite sure he did that with full intent. gg
                        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

... Did I forget to mention that those two majors on trial are American pilots? Because it seems to me that some of you are unaware of that.

Of course, that probably reflects on a lot of things related to my question.

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                            News isn't about entertainment, it is all about what sells
                            I was talking about tv news (not 24h), I thought I made theat clear in the first post I made.

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked
                              I was talking about tv news (not 24h), I thought I made theat clear in the first post I made.
                              I know ... but news is more about reporting people dying, property being lost and etc, I hardly see how that could possibly be 'entertaining' ... well at least not entertaining for the vast majority.

Besides, they insert hell lots of ads in the commercial breaks between the news. The higher the viewing rate of a particular TV news program, the high they charge those ads.

Yeah, I would know because I did marketing for a year
                              Last edited by TelC@t; 01-23-2003, 09:55 AM.
                              Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                                Besides, they insert hell lots of ads in the commercial breaks between the news. The higher the viewing rate of a particular TV news program, the high they charge those ads.

Yeah, I would know because I did marketing for a year
                                There is no ads on BBC

Comment

Working...
                                X