No announcement yet.

China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actual growth will never be the projected growth because eventually, china's growing economy (now clocked at going 10-12% per year) will peak because of space and available resources.

You've described the ideal situation, where politics, logistics, and demographics are not a factor - which they clearly are, if you've ever been to china.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Just tell me what will cost less in a few years time
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
        The actual growth will never be the projected growth because eventually, china's growing economy (now clocked at going 10-12% per year) will peak because of space and available resources.

You've described the ideal situation, where politics, logistics, and demographics are not a factor - which they clearly are, if you've ever been to china.
        What he said. Countries don't sustain a 9.9% growth rate over a quarter of a century. China has numerous problems including its own politics and rule of law and its population size which can hold it back in some senses. 7-8 years is never going to happen - they aren't anywhere near that close to reaching the US.

That's not to say they are already an economic juggernaut but if it's going to happen it won't be for at least 30 years and probably more like 45-50. It's hard to predict things like this with all the variables but America looks to stay on top economically for a good while longer.

Comment

(I saw this on tv, a renown chinese economy analysist or w/e) No one will ever truly understand China's economy because it's very different due to political reasons and other factors. So if you look at China's past, it's always had to some extent economic growths, followed by downfalls. Because everyone sees China as only going up [economy-wise], they forget that 'what goes up, must come down'.

To understand China, you have to live there. Yet even if you live there, you still won't understand China.
          Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
          -Buddha

Comment

So what youre saying is we should go live in China in order not to understand China.
            2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
            2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
            2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
            2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
            2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
            1:spider> Wooooohoo!
            1:spider> .*passes the hat*
            1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Not really, I'm saying that China is so complex, that not even the inhabitants know which way their economy will go.
              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
              -Buddha

Comment

It doesn't really matter which country is best if you enjoy where your at, why leave? As for China becoming the strongest economical country in the world, it was bound to happen, with a much larger population than all the other countries in the world. And besides, if your going to fear something, dont fear a country being economically powerful, fear nuclear warfare.
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                  It doesn't really matter which country is best if you enjoy where your at, why leave? As for China becoming the strongest economical country in the world, it was bound to happen, with a much larger population than all the other countries in the world. And besides, if your going to fear something, dont fear a country being economically powerful, fear nuclear warfare.
                  And even then, though it seems a nuclear war is likely, its really not. Countries around the world know that if they release a nuke, they will be nuked, and will die. Nukes are developed today as a sign of strength.
                  1:abbot> i think i played well
                  1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
                  1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
                  7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
                  7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
                  7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
                  oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
                  oar> but its ok

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                    Just tell me what will cost less in a few years time
                    Everything in the American stock market.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I love potstickers.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                        What he said. Countries don't sustain a 9.9% growth rate over a quarter of a century. China has numerous problems including its own politics and rule of law and its population size which can hold it back in some senses. 7-8 years is never going to happen - they aren't anywhere near that close to reaching the US.
                        Actually from 1980 to now China HAS sustained a 10% annual growth rate... that's a quarter century.

But China will not surpass the US in a decade if only for the very simple reason that... THE US ECONOMY IS GROWING AS WELL! It will take at least 25 years from the best projections out there.
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                          Actually from 1980 to now China HAS sustained a 10% annual growth rate... that's a quarter century.
                          No it didn't. The Asian Financial Crisis slowed it in the mid to late 90s as it did most other Asian countries. Granted it didn't hit it as badly as Korea or some others but it wasn't growing at 10% there for 5 or so years.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                            No it didn't. The Asian Financial Crisis slowed it in the mid to late 90s as it did most other Asian countries. Granted it didn't hit it as badly as Korea or some others but it wasn't growing at 10% there for 5 or so years.
                            Actually the Asian financial crisis did not really affect China very much. This is because the Chinese currency was pegged to the US currency at the time, and thus much of the problems did not affect China.

Here's some growth rates for that decade:

http://www.china.org.cn/english/government/154646.htm
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

You can bet there is going to be a movie made about this very soon!!!!!!! :turned:
                              Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

a movie about currency and growth rates? sounds great.<_<

Comment

Working...
                                X