Beerpong or Beirut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beerpong or Beirut?

I just realized this phenomena when I was planning a party with myself and about 10 other kids. I said, "I'll bring the Beirut stuff" and they all looked at me really weird. I thus explained the game and they said "You mean Beerpong?".

I've always thought Beerpong was pingpong with beer cups. That's how my cousin taught me. Beirut is when you throw the ball into the cups.

Which do you call it and why?
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

I call it just "pong" sometimes I call it beer pong. Calling it beirut is a northern thing.

I have never seen anyone play that stupid game with the paddles. One time I was at this party and my friends skunked these guys in 10 cup, so they brought all 10 cups over and the guys (who were ridiculously nerdy) said "ehhh we wont drink the beer because we didnt play the real way" and we were like "the real way?" and they were like "yeah, with paddles." So, those nerds that wussed out on drinking their beer were the only people I've ever met to have heard of that.
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

you are correct

beerpong involves paddles and teams of two with two cups to a side. often you remove the handles from th paddles to assist in making sure you "lob" the ball rather than "laser" it. you trade hits and yaddah yaddah yaddah. if you want the rules ask me.

and beirut uses teams of 2 and a triangle of 10 cups and 2 ping pong balls... no paddles. everyone knows the basics of this one.

completely different games

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

The thing is, almost literally everyone I've ever met calls the throwing version beer pong, and nobody plays that paddle game. Therefore, callng it beirut just makes you seem weird. There's no right or wrong, it's a regional thing like soda vs pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
          The thing is, almost literally everyone I've ever met calls the throwing version beer pong, and nobody plays that paddle game. Therefore, callng it beirut just makes you seem weird. There's no right or wrong, it's a regional thing like soda vs pop.
          this
          Originally posted by Ward
          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

f that noise. i play both and by play i mean i jsut left college a couple months ago.

so i havent really played that since but in school i played both beirut and beerpong.

i am a drinking game expert

Comment

fizzy drinks?

Comment

I went to college in PA (Villanova, and my sister at Lehigh) and my friends, as well as myself, always called it Beirut. I remember coming back home during the summers (in Ct) and to my chagrin, I was the only one that called it 'rut. Then again, I was the only one of my friends that had the pleasure of drinking Yuengling during the school year, because it's apparently not sold in New England.

So:
                Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                There's no right or wrong, it's a regional thing like soda vs pop.

Comment

i'd just like to point out that our table is superior

that being said, we never do paddles, and have never heard of the term 'beirut'.
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

natty light word up

Comment

Paddles are for FAGGOTS.

Comment

then call me elton john gen

it is a much tougher game. the learning curve is tougher. also with the slams, you have to be able to drink. i can see why alot of people dont like it.

to each their own

Comment

I've been up to Villanova a few times in the past couple years and everyone there calls it beer pong now. Yuengling is great, but too expensive for college. What you really lucked out on is having Lion's Head. That shit comes in bottles but is 11 bucks a case. Unfortunately they only seem to sell it in the Philly area.

To me, "beer pong" is about 10 times more satisfying to say than "beirut." Nobody I know is confused by me calling the 10-cup throwing game beer pong, and, additionally, I would get called a fag for calling it beirut, so I'm going to continue to call it "beer pong." Any drinking game expert knows theres a million different names for every drinking game.

Comment

I clearly haven't lived
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i get yeungling when i can... i like the stuff. i have a friend from outside of philly and another that went to lehigh for a bit that swam with me in college... they spoke highly of it. i finally got to have some when i went to pnc park for a cards game. and then more at some bars around penn/ny areas

Comment

Working...
                              X