No announcement yet.

College is....Easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started on Tuesday, I'm majoring in Web Systems Development, but for the first year I have to do a general ICT, along with anybody studying any Computing subject just so that everybody starts off equally. It sounds incredibly easy for this year as there are some guys on my course who never did ICT at GCSE or A-level, so they're starting from scratch. I could have done a minor subject but fuck that. The whole college is awesome, the architecture of the place is amazing and I get £200 free on my pass card to buy food and other stuff with. They even have Buck Rogers toilets.

So far I have enjoyed it, I don't start any modules until next week though. I'm seriously worried about procrastination and self-motivation, but I'm gonna try what Liquid Blue once said about his friend who just thinks about why he's doing it and I'll try to look down on those who dropped out at 16, that should motivate me to do well for myself. 3 years isn't a long time after all...

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
      and you're graphic design?
      Animation, I barely ever have classes with kids from other fields anymore, since I'm so close to graduating.

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
      but I'm gonna try what Liquid Blue once said about his friend who just thinks about why he's doing it and I'll try to look down on those who dropped out at 16, that should motivate me to do well for myself. 3 years isn't a long time after all...
      oo, update! He was doing forensics (college level speech/debate) while trying to deal with the classes he needed to become a doctor, and decided it's time for him to just focus on his classes. He was at Western Kentucky on a full scholarship for forensics (the guy is hot shit), but he's coming to UVA so he can buckle down and get ready for Med school. But yea man, do whatever it takes to stay focused.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

So far the only thing that sort of blows is reading an assload of stuff due every other night. But I can deal with that.

Oh, and thanks for the advice TK.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Oh and LB, you're attending the art institute of Washington DC right?

Because the only art institute in my state, that I've heard of, is the AI of Seattle.
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
            I've heard from program advisors that 80-90% of students who make it through 2nd year end up graduating so just stick with it.
            Yeah i'll be fine, I got best results in the department last year

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
              Oh and LB, you're attending the art institute of Washington DC right?

Because the only art institute in my state, that I've heard of, is the AI of Seattle.
              Yea, it's actually in Arlington, and is about 3 mins away from DC. Fun fact, a girl in my school wanted to get a class ring but couldn't, because AiW is a branch of the Atlanta campus! Woo hoo art school!
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Anyone who knows me will know that my acheiving a 2:1 is the biggest mockery of the British education system
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

You also have to know what a 2:1 is.
                  5:gen> man
                  5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Better than a 2:2
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

British humour!

Comment

I started in January in Systems Analysis. I'm in my second year now and it really is a lot more work then the first. The business end of things are really fucked up this year. It seems for diagramming every single professor has taken on his or her own way of doing things. We finally have someone fress out of the business world so maybe it will calm down a bit, at least she's explaining why there's such a mix up. For first year business we had this old dinosaur from IBM... About 11 or so are left from 20 but we merged with some CST, other SYS classes and some Telecom people so it's over 30 now.

The college environment is pretty sweet. Lots of nice people, about 70% of my campus' population is female, interesting and challenging work and a lot of really smart people.

Comment

asshole...

she said her name was diana, her chest was bigger than the state of indiana
                          something somethign something
                          needless to say, i knocked it like a hoosier

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

first semester of college is like that. u think it's really easy at first, and then u get 3/4 of the way through and realize u havent done shit for school and u are gonna get raped on grades. first semester i got a 2.9 and the next three semesters i got 3.9's every time. u gotta learn when to work and when to play. for me, i do most of my work within a day or two of the due date. i had an ochem test yesterday, studied for like 6 hours one day, 14 hours the next day. hadn't done jack shit for that class in the whole month+ before that, though. and i probably got a fucking good ass grade too.
                            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                            apt>yes u can wtf
                            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                            apt>na
                            apt>ill show you pictures
                            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

English major here, but in a Finnish university. I love to study it and I find it challenging enough to make it really interesting. It would be fun to sometimes compare our universities and our "vocational universities" (for the lack of a corresponding term) in Finland to the American and British ones, for example.
                              jee

Comment

Well, for me, college was just like high school, only you only had to go to class half as long. That 2 hours of homework for every 1 hour in class is bullshit unless you are an engineer.

Comment

Working...
                                X