Next Gen Gaming, not to far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Gaming, not to far

Less than two weeks away (Nov17. and Nov19), Sony's Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii will be launching here in the Americas. Wether your a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer, are you planning on getting your respectives systems on launch day? or wait till the holiday season or your bday or w.e.?

For me, ill be going to my local best buy with my brother before midnight(nov18) so we can get our hands on Wii.

what about you guys? are you ready for the next gen?

:fear:
    Last edited by PrOnEsSim; 11-02-2006, 06:07 PM.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

am i goin got blow atleast 1.5k of money on a console that dont even have its best games out yet on a launch day? no way

tho wii looks very attractive and i will wait for my friends' review first before i consider getting one
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
      am i goin got blow atleast 1.5k of money on a console that dont even have its best games out yet on a launch day? no way

tho wii looks very attractive and i will wait for my friends' review first before i consider getting one
      i'm spending at least 430 on launch. Which includes extra controllers, extra nunchuck, 3 games, sd card(?).

Arent you exicited about possibly the greatest zelda game ever? Twilight Princess. and possibly one next big series (if there are sequels) Red Steel?
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017

Comment

I have no interest in buying a new system on the year of its launch I don't care to pay those prices.
        And I like to wait for the bugs to be worked out.
        "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

I think I'm going to upgrade my PC to a Socket A and just get mental on some freecell and minesweeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation View Post
            I think I'm going to upgrade my PC to a Socket A and just get mental on some freecell and minesweeper.
            LOL!

the wii only launches in belgium december 18, and I'll be there to but it. I'm looking forward to the new zelda and I have read that they are also gonna have a final fantasy for the wii
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

im considering gettin the PS3 for the blue ray shizzle

i jsut got a new tv (52 inch HD 1024) and its blue rayable and stuff

that 600 dollars less than most of them so yeah how bout that

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
                i'm spending at least 430 on launch. Which includes extra controllers, extra nunchuck, 3 games, sd card(?).

Arent you exicited about possibly the greatest zelda game ever? Twilight Princess. and possibly one next big series (if there are sequels) Red Steel?
                the $1.5k is meant for ps3.. mb, should have clarified it.

zelda will be the game of the year imo. and once it gets that, the zelda series will live on as the greatest game series ever made. Only final fantasy and mario will come close.

but still, i'd wait at least 6 months before i get a new console, i want more game library, cant just get a console for 3 or 4 games.
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I don't plan on getting either anytime soon (Wii eventually), but man HD tv's look nice as shit these days, at least for the game systems. Chromehounds, Fight Night Round 3, etc etc all look beautiful. Can't wait to see how the Wii and Ps3 games look on them.
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Demo Kits Are Out. Omfg! I Need To Goo And Find A A Ride
                    TWLD Champion 2014
                    TWDTB Champion 2013
                    TWDTB Champion 2016
                    TWDTB Champion 2017

Comment

The new Zelda will be released for the Gamecube, too, and as far as I know will be exactly the same; you can even use the Wii controller with it.
                      sdg

Comment

Just to clarify that point: There will be two editions available, one with Wii motion control, one with traditional Gamecube control. From one retailer I've checked so far, the price is the same. You can play the Gamecube version on the Wii, but you'd have to use a Gamecube controller. The Wii version will also be able to run at 16:9 aspect ratio, the Gamecube one won't. Oddly enough, the release date for the Gamecube version has been delayed until December while the Wii version will launch a few weeks earlier with the system.

Comment

for me, wii is all about the controllers and game play. cause from resolution/graphic wise, wii isnt that big of an upgrade from gamecube.
                          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

wii is a souped up xbox so i'd say it's manageable. you don't need mindblowing graphics to have fun (example: subspace)
                            LA

Comment

Originally posted by Games Radar
                              Today, Sony made our day a whole lot brighter by showing up with two PlayStation 3 debug units: one for our sister publication PSM, and one for us. We opened up the (huge) box, pulled out the hefty, shiny, stylish unit, as well as a whole mess of cords and hooked it up to a sexy HDTV for some immediate next gen action.

Then four out of the five games Sony gave us didn't work.
                              This made me laugh cause my Xbox 360 broke on me and the test PS3s seem to break, too. I hope the Wii doesn't fuck up so badly.
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X