No announcement yet.

Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your a fan of Seinfeld, you should check out the show called Curb Your Enthusiam. It is pretty similar to the show and funny as hell. The creator of Seinfeld named Larry David is the star. He is the person that the character George Castanza was based off of and he is every bit as retarded as George. Its on HBO, but if you don't have that channel... I'm sure that you could probably download it from somewhere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264235/

Comment

i remember our media studies gave us a couple of episodes of seinfeld to watch. i don't think anyone (including me) laughed once. but maybe they were bad episodes or something?

Scrubs is my favourite show

Comment

I think the show is a lot better if you know the characters and understand their personalities. That probably goes for any American sitcom.

Also, I don't really find British humour to be funny at all, so it probably can work both ways. :P
        sdg

Comment

1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
          1: oar> yeah
          1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
          1: hed> and after dinner
          1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
          7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
          3: Nimesh> my sis does
          3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed View Post
            i remember our media studies gave us a couple of episodes of seinfeld to watch. i don't think anyone (including me) laughed once. but maybe they were bad episodes or something?

Scrubs is my favourite show
            I totally agree with nailed.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              I like Friends and Scrubs way better.
              Friends would be alright if Ross and Pheobe weren't on the show, and Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox showed more cleavage and never said anything. Everything Zach Braff touches is shit. As far as laugh-out-loud sitcoms go, Seinfeld takes the cake. I like Arrested Development, but the show isn't entertaining unless you see all the epiosodes in order. I like The Office, but there is too much personal drama for it really to be a comedy in my mind.

I suspect that there must be some cultural differences that cause you euros not to understand Seinfeld, because all you guys are saying Scrubs is better, and that show pretty much sucks, from the couple of episodes I've seen. In the US anyone who likes Friends better than Seinfeld is obviously a girl, and a stupid one at that.

edit: oh yeah curb your enthusiasm is incredible
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Well I don't think anyone laughed at Life of Brian at Monty Python most of the time in our Latin class.
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

What kind of Latin do you study?
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                    What kind of Latin do you study?
                    Well, when we had a substitute teacher we watched Life of Brian. I felt bad for laughing once or twice when no one else did, so I stayed quiet the rest of the class.

It's the same principle as you guys not laughing at Seinfeld, I suppose.

To answer your question directly, Honors Year Three Latin.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                      I like Friends and Scrubs way better.

yes, yes you would and you arent from here so i understand

but yea seinfeld is waaay better and there are too many good episodes to name my fav either

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

seinfeld is a great show and probably my favourite. the best is when george calls jerry and he answers "who is this." a lot of the episodes are awesoem and i always watch it even if it is a rerun.
                          the price is right, bitch.

Comment

i don't like it

i think it is crap
                            In my world,
                            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Well, I do have more of a British sense of humour, I love Monthy Python for instance, John Cleese is brilliant. Most of the stuff he touches turns into gold.

But from all the stand up comedians I have seen from the USA, Seinfeld is definitely towards the bottom of my list.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Jerry Seinfeld's standup is not that funny, but we weren't even talking about that.
                                sdg

Comment

Working...
                                X