No announcement yet.

.002 cents != .002 dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its easy to know the difference mathimatically but I think it was more of a misunderstanding based on the way people speak English in terms of the region they are in

saying its .002 cents to verizon was the same as saying .002 dollars, because they figured .002 of a dollar equals out to a fraction of cents of a dollar

they never realized that just changing the words cent and dollar change the whole number from .002 to .00002

i can honestly understand where both sides were comming from. For instance, no one says, hey I have a point one-five (.15) of a dollar in my pocket, they say I have 15 cents in my pocket. I duno its all relative in terms of the way they speak common English. Grammatically they were incorrect as well as mathimatically, but its understandable that they could somehow mix it up.

The only part I dont realize is how they fail to realize their mistake AFTER they guy explained it to them, I mean its kind of obvious once he pointed out their grammatical error that they were in the wrong in terms of the number they were speaking about. But whatever, verizon is a shitty service anyway, he was dumb for using them.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

If you follow the link back to his blog at http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/ , it turns out they have refunded him his $71.79 dollars.

If you're not interested in reading the whole aftermath, here's the email they sent to him in response.

Originally posted by Verizon Wireless Executive Relations
      Dear Mr. Vaccaro,

The Executive Relations Team responds to consumer issues...blah blah blah...we inadvertently incorrectly quoted a rate to you. We have issued a credit to your account of $71.79. ...we are supplementing the reference material used by our representatives to better highlight that the Canadian roaming rate is .002 dollars-per-kilobyte, which is equal to .2 cents per kilobyte...etc etc.

Comment

Yeah, it was sort of obvious that they quoted him incorrectly, but the funny part was the people kept saying the rate WAS .002 cents.
        5:gen> man
        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

http://media.putfile.com/mafskilz

Honestly at this point I don't know if they're just extremely stupid or this is a semi-clever scam to get their customers to have too much usage when they're abroad, thus making them pay more.
          Originally posted by Ward
          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
          X