No announcement yet.

Tell me, is this worth a lot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drink it up my boy! Johnny has always been so good to me. The only thing that should be stopping you and your friend from drinking it is the fact that it's older (it won't neccesarily taste 'better' or 'smoother' though... sorry).

Red is pretty much the generic "everyone has had me" grain/malt, I haven't had Red since I was young. It's cheap, even if it's 40 years old.

I tend to drink a lot of Black.... often... :/

I have never had, nor tried Johnny's vatted malt, although I'd like to.

Swing is one of my favorite drinks of all time, but I haven't made a trip over to GB in quite some time to grab a couple, they're almost impossible to find in any store over here in the US. I may try ebay some time, this thread has made me thirsty.

I still have a very old (and expensive) Blue label sitting in the back of my drink pantry given to me as a gift by my 'boss' when I stopped working for him. I am still saving it for an occasion yet to be determined.... I almost broke it open when my son was born, but didn't find the opportunity to have a drink for weeks and weeks when we brought him home.

Gold is delicious, but fairly pricey, I can't remember the last time I've had it.

Comment

Since we are talking about extravagent alcohols and whatnot. I remember receiving two half bottles of 1990 Chateau Y'quem Sauterne about four or five years ago after helping the family restauraunt that I worked at wine list. I opened one with my brothers that christmas, but I still have the other one. It is probaly one of the best wines ever made. Even Parker gave it a 100.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
        Chateau Y'quem Sauterne
        I had a few glasses of that last night at Europa Restaraunt. It was very very good, not too much of a bite and it sat well with my meal.

Comment

the word "meal" is one of the most annoying words ever

Comment

okay...?

Comment

Congratulations Xog this is the first and only time I will log into the TW Forums to talk shit to you and you alone.

1. You didn't drink any Chateau Y'quem last night at a restaraunt, considering you would rarely find a 1990 vintage wine at any restaraunt, especially not this one.

2. Of course it doesn't have any bite you moron its a Sauterne, a sweet dessert wine, unless honeyed peach nectar has ever had a bite to you?

3. You drink it after your meal with your dessert, so even if you haven't been lying the entire time, you are still a douchebag.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Hmph...

Who ever would have guessed that Wark was a sommelier?

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed View Post
                  the word "meal" is one of the most annoying words ever
                  I concur.

Comment

Working...
                  X