Stupid *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
    PS - is it that Gall is telling us the sun stands still in repect to the movement of all the planets? If so that makes sense.
    That was what I was trying to say yes. I know it's a very oversimplification of how things actually work in the universe, but we are no rocketscientists here.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
      But from whatever aspect you look, the sun doesn't move.
      Originally posted by Galleleo
      But as I said before, I oversimplified it to stipulate that the sun wasn't orbiting around any planet.
      Hmm...
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
        Hmm...
        Only thing you're trying to do here is stirr things up... because if you read all the post galleleo made, you would off read that he told he didn't formulate what he ment correctly in the first place.

The sun stands still in comparisson to the planets...
        Planets gravitate around the sun, and moons gravitate around the planets... for example jupiter has if im correct like 16 moons, which gravitate around it...

The sun, does gravitate inside it's stellar system... how that exactly works I do not know either, but I think it is somewhat like how the solar system works...

Probably misused some words again, because my english is garbish.
        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
          Only thing you're trying to do here is stirr things up... because if you read all the post galleleo made, you would off read that he told he didn't formulate what he ment correctly in the first place.

Planets gravitate around the sun, and moons gravitate around the planets... for example jupiter has if im correct like 16 moons, which gravitate around it...

The sun, does gravitate inside it's stellar system... how that exactly works I do not know either, but I think it is somewhat like how the solar system works...

ok

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Yo momma so fat she has a gravitational pull :O

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
              One thing I personally struggle with is that I assume everyone knows everything that I do and I'm shocked when a person doesn't know. I guess that's whats happening here, just because they don't know what a star is or something other celestial fact in which they would have had to have read about it from a textbook, it doesn't (imo) make them dumb.
              This isn't quantum mechanics or some specialized process about making computer chips. It's the Moon. That other big thing in the sky that I can probably safely say everyone has seen and read about.
              Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Pjotter, you missed the entire point of it. I was making a snarky/silly comment about frames of reference, and how if we consider the Earth to be a static frame of reference, then we could consider the sun (and everything else) to actually be revolving around the Earth. Frames of reference are important, as everything is relative.

Galleleo decided to be a smartass and say that I was spouting BS. That's fine, I was just being abnoxious, but then he goes and he give his version of the 'truth' as if that's the only truth and there is no other. If he said 'well from the frame of reference of the sun, everything orbits around the sun' I would accept that. But no he actually went out to say in MULTIPLE POSTS that the sun is unmoving, no matter how you look at it! If Galleleo is going to be a real smartass and call someone's post 'BS' then he better have 'better' facts to back it up, or else he deserves to be made fun of.
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

I said in multiple posts that the sun is not moving in relation to the planets, it's the center and the planets orbit around the sun. The sun doesn't suddenly decide to do a couple of laps around earth and then return back to his spot in the middle. That's what I am trying to explain what I mean, but if you wanna be thickheaded about it, go right ahead. You have the sun in the middle, and the planets orbiting around it. That is all that I am saying, I am not saying the sun doesn't move in relation to other stuff or on it's on, I am not saying the planets don't move within their orbit..
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                    That's bs eph, the sun doesn't move..
                    tehehe

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

for example jupiter has if im correct like 63 moons, which gravitate around it...
                      fixed
                      Throughout time, there’s been
                      crimes, throughout our history
                      But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                      Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                      Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                      Come on and take a stand
                      Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                      and all the kids are running
                      from London to Manchester
                      cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Ok I am not following the discussion. I only read the first two posts from gall and epine... At first I thought gall was right and epine is a stupid assdickswallower (but that was just my normal reaction to them). When I looked closer I knew I read something about that before: Umberto Eco wrote a book (foucaults pendulum) in which he explains some ideas of Leon Foucault.

Every point in the universe can be considered as the centre of the universe.
                        This would get you started..
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9on_Foucault
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

go read you yuppies!
                        Last edited by PolluX; 01-06-2007, 08:07 PM.
                        some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                        1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                        1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

ok but for real the sun moves really fast thru space

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                            PLUTO IS A VERB f
                            also true

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                            X