No announcement yet.

I need something good, moviewise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Mothman Prophecies", it was okay, lots of listening and unerstanding to know what the hell was going on. And all throughout the movie, I kept saying in my head, "wow, all this shit actually happened" because, well, all those events were real.

You should also check out the original version of War of the Worlds (B&W)

Comment

i didnt think Employee of the Month was all that bad lol

but i love the movie Running Scared that was a good movie

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
        Movies
        -Dead Man's Shoes

good shit

If you liked Equlibrium check out Wimmers other similar flick Ultraviolet (with the gun-kata shooting and shit), which sadly, wasn't anything close to Eq because he had studios and whatnot fucking him over, as I've read somewhere. Still it's a nice vision, too bad it didn't work out properly.

Feast - horror high on popcorn munchin value. Low budget, bad actors, hilarious lines, Henry Rollins, mouthfucking signed by: The monster (had this movie been a one and half hour of white noise and this scene, it still would have been worth the price), blood & gore in excess...basically everything you'd want in a good horror

Salo - :grin: :grin:

Suicide kings - this one is obvious, but I've just watched it again yesterday so I gotta mention it

Thursday - maybe not as obvious as SKs, but entertaining flick I'd lump in the same alley as Boondock saints (Aaron Eckhart who plays Nick, also plays a guy named Nick in Thank you for smoking - a rather fun and funny satire - recommend it. Talk about being typecasted: well son, all I got for you is a part of someone called Nick)

American splendor - good stuff, Giamatti plays Harvey Pekar in a biographical flick (might be in the obvious group tho)

The descent - quite good horror from that brit who did Dog soldiers

Versus (directors cut) - mwahrhaghagagaharaha yeah!
        Originally posted by Disliked
        However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
        when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
          "The Mothman Prophecies", it was okay, lots of listening and unerstanding to know what the hell was going on. And all throughout the movie, I kept saying in my head, "wow, all this shit actually happened" because, well, all those events were real.

You should also check out the original version of War of the Worlds (B&W)
          The only thing I thought as I watched it was, "hollywood producers and others bent on selling a story".

Comment

Movies
            -----
            The Machinist

American Werewolf in London (late 70's version)

Anything with Chuck Norris or Jet Li

Bloodsport

TV Shows
            -------
            Paranoia Agent

12 oz. Mouse

The Sopranos (saw this on A&E the other night for the first time, it's good shit)
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenBan View Post
              good shit

If you liked Equlibrium check out Wimmers other similar flick Ultraviolet (with the gun-kata shooting and shit), which sadly, wasn't anything close to Eq because he had studios and whatnot fucking him over, as I've read somewhere. Still it's a nice vision, too bad it didn't work out properly.

Feast - horror high on popcorn munchin value. Low budget, bad actors, hilarious lines, Henry Rollins, mouthfucking signed by: The monster (had this movie been a one and half hour of white noise and this scene, it still would have been worth the price), blood & gore in excess...basically everything you'd want in a good horror

Salo - :grin: :grin:

Suicide kings - this one is obvious, but I've just watched it again yesterday so I gotta mention it

Thursday - maybe not as obvious as SKs, but entertaining flick I'd lump in the same alley as Boondock saints (Aaron Eckhart who plays Nick, also plays a guy named Nick in Thank you for smoking - a rather fun and funny satire - recommend it. Talk about being typecasted: well son, all I got for you is a part of someone called Nick)

American splendor - good stuff, Giamatti plays Harvey Pekar in a biographical flick (might be in the obvious group tho)

The descent - quite good horror from that brit who did Dog soldiers

Versus (directors cut) - mwahrhaghagagaharaha yeah!
              While I agree with you about American Splendor and The Descent (best horror movie in 10 years), I gotta ask wtf are you doing recomending Salo, Feast, and the Ultimate Versus.

Versus is just bad. It's sorta funny when you're drunk, but not really.

Feast is terrible terrible, terrible! Not even worth wasting the money.

And Salo....wtf probably the most awful movie I've ever watched. People eating shit is not my idea of an enjoyable movie.
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

To broaden his horisons

Salo is just so fucking insane, and while news today are pretty much more horrific than anything movies can come up with, it's still a good study in disgust. :]

When I wrote Feast I came to think of Versus as well, which are movies for an hour and half of brainless fun. Nothing wrong with that imo
                Originally posted by Disliked
                However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Braveheart
                  Dr. Zhivago
                  Elfen Lied

Comment

CYE is really good. I think of it as Seinfeld on steroids.

John Carpenter's The Thing is an awesome sci-fi horror. Make sure you get the unrated version.

Comment

I know it sounds crazy but I found a shitty Jet Li movie- it's called the Contract killer, stay away.

On a good note, District B13 is fucking awesome. Best Action movie I've seen since Fearless or The Killer.

You've seen the Killer, right? With Chow Yun Fat? One of the best and bloodiest movies of all time.
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X