No announcement yet.

IQ Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure Internet IQ tests are nothing but scams to harvest email addresses and personal info. That's why most of the questions are so easy.

But, congrats on being a genius.

Comment

Even true IQ tests (administered by a professional) give mixed results. Like most standardized tests, they need to be given several times to come up with a result that might even be considered close to accurate. Valid IQ tests also have deep cultural biases, give one to a Brazilian Indian, for example, and he would fail miserably. Yet he knows how to survive, without ruining his environment, living off of nature. But if you and I were to be thrust into the deep Amazon rain forest, we wouldn’t survive more than a week or two.
      Additionally, standardized IQ tests are notorious for limiting answers and not allowing for creativity. The classic example was the IQ test question asking to indentify what is similar between the words ‘pound’ and ‘yard’ with the only correct answer being ‘units of measure’. People who answered ‘dog’ were penalized with an incorrect answer.
      In short, unless you have taken an IQ test a minimum of three times, under professional guidance, the results can be considered anecdotal.

Comment

I have gotten an IQ test when I was tested for dyslexia and it came out at 141.

But I don't attach that much value too it, I know how smart I am and I know there are many different types of intelligence. Me for instance, I am quite booksmart, I learn very easy and I pick up things easy. But for me to really creative I need something to spark it, someone needs to start an initial idea and then I can run with it and think up lots of stuff. But, like artists, putting something in your mind on paper is something I am not good at. I often have things in my mind but I can't translate them to paper (drawing). I can however after I have seen an example and then I can create something of my own out of that.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

No thread for you.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb Of TW View Post
            dont believe u have an IQ of a genius..
            180 is that of a genius.

And Seal, I too have taken a real IQ test, I scored 124. But that's not the point, this thread is about INTERNET IQ tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
              The IQ test isn't a valid measure of intelligence anyway.

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                That test gave me an IQ test of 220.
                I've done a real IQ test (not online), and it gave me 121.
                Funny enough: 121-150 is above average. So I consider myself a smart average person.

So I guess your 156 makes your IQ.... ... ... let's be polite.... Lower than avg.

Seal, Tickle gives out high IQ scores, but don't even attempt at bullshitting us with that 220 crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
                  180 is that of a genius.

And Seal, I too have taken a real IQ test, I scored 124. But that's not the point, this thread is about INTERNET IQ tests.
                  Actually 130 and above is genius. It's a bell curve.

Originally posted by ephemeral
                  Valid IQ tests also have deep cultural biases, give one to a Brazilian Indian, for example, and he would fail miserably. Yet he knows how to survive, without ruining his environment, living off of nature. But if you and I were to be thrust into the deep Amazon rain forest, we wouldn’t survive more than a week or two.
                  Actually that's knowledge not intelligence. You have however, demonstrated a very valid reason why IQ tests don't work for many reasons.

However, sometimes they have more universal tests. I remember when I was in grade 3, everyone had to take an IQ test for school to sort us out. One of the tests involved moving around blocks which were drawn on one side so that it basically had a red and white triangle showing on the face (there was a diagonal line bisecting the corners of the cube). Then using those blocks, we had to draw/build shapes that the interviewer showed on a sheet. Unless you had no arms or were blind, it was a pretty universal unbiased test of thinking, at least more so than the SAT-like questions on the written test. Or when the psychologist asked me 'who discovered America' and I had to answer Columbus.. but then again, maybe if I said 'what does a question about common knowledge have to do with intellect?' I would have scored full points...
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

My textbook says the scale varies, but usually 130+ is gifted 145+ is genius. Depends how big your stdev's are I guess... always thought genius was the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
                      My textbook says the scale varies, but usually 130+ is gifted 145+ is genius. Depends how big your stdev's are I guess... always thought genius was the 3rd.
                      my stdev is fuckin enormous.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

On a serious note.
                        What I never understood is some crusial facts that never gets calculated.

1) Dislectic people need more time to read, obviously. Or.. is that an IQ disability?

2) An IQ test is a test at that moment. Slept bad = lower result at that moment. Slept right = higher result at that moment. Hence an avg of a few test would be more accurate. But here comes point 3.

3) Those tests are a mather of exercizing those puzzles. Try doing 5 different tests in a row and your IQ goes up everytime you make it (if some rest between obviously), because you are repeating the thinking pattern trick.

Depending on what you spend most time on during a day (usually equal to a job), different sorts of "smarts" are needed. Want to be a math genious, then IQ does mather.

ps. and Sorry Pummel. I can't help it that your score was so much lower, considering my 220 equals 121. Maybe you just had a bad day? Seeing that your EQ isn't really developed either, I'm sure you're good at sports. Or good at building something with your hands. Or something.. Don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                          3) Those tests are a mather of exercizing those puzzles. Try doing 5 different tests in a row and your IQ goes up everytime you make it (if some rest between obviously), because you are repeating the thinking pattern trick.

Nicely done SEAL (hi dude!), which drives us one step further, as there's a difference about being wise and being intelligent.
                          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                          There wont be another election for president.
                          Obama is the Omega President.
                          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah IQ tests don't really mean shit as far as smarts go, but they're the best we've got as far as an accurate prediction of academic success goes. And even then, other things like study habits come into play. I guess they predict "academic potential".

Comment

I took the EQ-test. Now I get adverts for shrinks and asylums.
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                                Actually 130 and above is genius. It's a bell curve.
                                Actually that's knowledge not intelligence. You have however, demonstrated a very valid reason why IQ tests don't work for many reasons.

However, sometimes they have more universal tests. I remember when I was in grade 3, everyone had to take an IQ test for school to sort us out. One of the tests involved moving around blocks which were drawn on one side so that it basically had a red and white triangle showing on the face (there was a diagonal line bisecting the corners of the cube). Then using those blocks, we had to draw/build shapes that the interviewer showed on a sheet. Unless you had no arms or were blind, it was a pretty universal unbiased test of thinking, at least more so than the SAT-like questions on the written test. Or when the psychologist asked me 'who discovered America' and I had to answer Columbus.. but then again, maybe if I said 'what does a question about common knowledge have to do with intellect?' I would have scored full points...
                                Wow, I thought that schools quit doing that stuff years ago. Wasn't classifying students in that way discouraged after the 1960's due to the Pygmalion effect? I studied to be a teacher in the mid-1970's and I distinctly remember this as being a huge issue in American school systems at that time.

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                                Nicely done SEAL (hi dude!), which drives us one step further, as there's a difference about being wise and being intelligent.
                                Knowledge gets you a job, wisdom gets you a life.

Comment

Working...
                                X