Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sensible proposal by an insensible man

Props.

President George W. Bush tonight will propose the U.S. cut its gasoline consumption by 20 percent over the next 10 years through a combination of higher vehicle fuel efficiency and greater use of renewable fuels like ethanol.

The goals depend on boosting the amount of renewable fuels in the market to as much as 35 billion gallons a year by 2017 from about 5 billion now. He also will ask Congress again to give him greater authority to increase mileage standards for cars and light trucks, Joel Kaplan, the president's deputy chief of staff, said in a briefing to preview Bush's State of the Union address.
    Hopefully this is not only sensible but possible. Or he could just be trying to divert attention from troops to oil; what a sly boy we've got. Either way, it's not tax breaks for gas guzzlers (possibly the worst idea ever).

When I saw this thread's title, I assumed that you were making a proposal of some sort <_<
    1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
    1: oar> yeah
    1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
    1: hed> and after dinner
    1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
    7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
    3: Nimesh> my sis does
    3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

It's somewhat a good idea. It's a good idea for US national security because Ethanol can be produced inside the US. It's not really useful for global warming though, and since global warming has to do with national security in the long term, perhaps it's not as good an idea as it seems after all.

The amount of energy needed to grow, process and transport corn makes it almost just as carbon intensive to burn ethanol than to use gasoline. As well, herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers used in the production of corn is bad for the environment (and carbon intensive to produce). Keep in mind as well that not all the corn can be used, and corn isn't even near the best crop for ethanol production. Sugar is by far a better solution for global warming (Brazil uses this), but since it's not produced in significant quantities in the US it's not being promoted.

Still I hope the entire plan doesn't just rest upon ethanol but instead stimulates investment into ALL different types of alternative energies, because there isn't a one-sized-fits-all solution to this.
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Corn is much better from a mass production standpoint though
        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by IKM View Post
          When I saw this thread's title, I assumed that you were making a proposal of some sort <_<
          Ladies and gentlemen, comedy.

Comment

You're supposed to do it like this

Originally posted by IKM View Post
            When I saw this thread's title, I assumed that you were making a proposal of some sort
            IKM, ladies and gentlemen
            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

My dad works for the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in charge of all the equipment (Vehicles, towing equipment, equipment to be towed, etc*). And in California they're requiring that most of the vehicles are to be more "Environmentally safe" and use alternative fuels. So, it's already in practice in some places and I'm interested to see what comes out of this.
              DELETED

Comment

This is a show me league, son. He could propose we turn cars into machines that shit out pussy, beer and football tickets and I'd have the same reaction.

I believe nothing the guy says anymore, because everything he's said up to this point has been a bunch of theiving, manipulative bullshit. And frankly, I'm quite shocked that anyone else believes anything he says. A famous man once said: "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you? Fooled you can't get fooled again!"

Comment

I thought that it was: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?

Anyway, from what I know Sweden is doing a great job in this section, at least I know Volvo is doing a lot in Sweden with this stuff.

I think Volvo even made a prototype bus that runs on water. Not sure on this one it's quite a while ago I saw it on discovery, but it could drive sideways and whatnot and I believe it drove on water or something really environmentally friendly. Maybe Mantra knows more about what Sweden is doing on this subject.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                    LOL

google "famous stupid things that bush has said", and you will see what he was getting at.

Comment

I think Volvo even made a prototype bus that runs on water. Not sure on this one it's quite a while ago I saw it on discovery, but it could drive sideways and whatnot and I believe it drove on water or something really environmentally friendly. Maybe Mantra knows more about what Sweden is doing on this subject.
                      I saw the special, it kills terrorists too.

Comment

Not to mention the economy boost it would provide. Somebody's gotta tend to all those corn fields.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rovQj9vNq8I

Comment

ah.. I don't keep up with Bush.

And geno, no need to be sarcastic, the sideways was for parking and stuff. I am vague on it, but I remember seeing the subject on discovery.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Eating two slices of toast packed with cream cheese
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X