Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Saint Patricks Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i spent my saint patricks day curled up with a cute girl ^_^!

Comment

Originally posted by Burzum View Post
      And you are asking about this why?

Visit the southernmost pub, then visit all three in reverse order.
      No, I don't want to drive alot. I'dd rather stay in Belfast (or close by). Perhaps visit my gf's sister in Dublin, but it's too far away for a 'quick' drive.

Comment

I don't usually get hangovers anymore but fuck me, my head was thumping on Sunday. I was drinking these Dr. Pepper cocktails. Lager and coke with a shot of cherry amaretto dropped in. If that doesn't give you a hangover I don't know what will.

Comment

Then visit all pubs within one mile or so, that ought to keep you busy for a few days!
          2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
          2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
          2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
          2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
          2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
          1:spider> Wooooohoo!
          1:spider> .*passes the hat*
          1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Kids, don't forget there's more to Ireland then just beer.
            Drugs and Leprecons!

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho View Post
              Kids, don't forget there's more to Ireland then just beer.
              Drugs and Leprecons!
              I'm 8 years older than you, I don't think it would be your place to call me a kid, considering the age difference between us is huge.
              Anyways, if you have seen all the standard touristy things, it's nice to visit something else. Something deeper than giant causeway. Too bad the Jameson factory is too far south =)

Comment

Anyone that isn't Swede can get son'd by one. Age doesn't matter!

Jameson's distillery was great when I was there! Not that I like Whiskey but it was very interesting!
                If you got time I highly recommend you to go to Galway on the west coast. From there you can go to Cliffs of Moher or Aran Island. I had a great time on Aran Island where we rented bikes and just spent the whole day with the wind in our hair!

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                  I'm the oppiside of Nickname, my dad is irish. From Bangor. So I turn the clock back 50 years in time quite alot. (meaning i goto ireland quite a alot.. in the last 9 months i flew there 3 times)

And I'm going to Belfast the last week of May again =) Any place you recommend? As in nightlife? Which pub has nice food? Or recommend any restaurant?

So I can pretend to my cousin that I know it all (he lives in Belfast too). I've got a rental car too, so if ya recommend anything? An activity or something.. Last time we went to Donegal and our 2 activities were: 1) Visit the most northern pub in ireland and 2) visit the most highest pub in ireland. hehe.
                  I'm not big into restaurants myself, Benedicts and Darcy's are decent though. Normaly i'd just go get drunk in the top bar off Laverys and play pool and get a pizza. I like their pizza's as they are cheap and you get to choose 4 toppings then 50p per extra topping, goats cheese , sundried tomatos, spinach and olives owns !

As for nightlife what type off music are you into? Do you like nightclubs or bars? etc

if you like dingy pool halls Laverys top bar or Frames are the places to be.

personally as a normal bar goes i like The Empire, normally has a good atmosphere and does some good live music and giggs - used to go to its comedy and also its quiz nights but i haven't been there in a while.

I'm finding myself at the sort of age where i'm to old for the studenty places i used to like going to and i don't really like the bars and clubs my friends are going to now.

If you want to impress your cousin with insider knowledge tell him you want to go to The Kremlin , its a gay bar here I've never been in it myself but i was talking to a girl who has lesbian friends and she (straight) went and said it was really fun.

Things to do hmmm there isn't a hell off alot to do to be honest, maybe drive up to Bushmills Distillery , ever seen Dunluce Castle? eeerm yea :P if you like movies check out Queens Film Theatre (QFT) its small and only got 2 screens but it puts on films the other big cinemas don't and its got a nice bar/cafe so you can have a drink before your film starts http://www.queensfilmtheatre.com/

uhm if you like walking up hills, i'd take a walk up the cave hill, its easy to get too as its still in Belfast (just be carefull if you park in the zoo we nearly got our car locked in one time!) or drive to slemish or newcastle for the mourne mts. There is other nature stuff to, a few crappy forests etc, not many good forests here - someone cut down all our trees ><
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Thx. Europa hotel here i come!! =)

I like castles, so i will look into it for sure. thanks. that one will be added to the (short) to-do list. Any touristy IRA thing going on in the area??? Would be good to give my yank gf some proper terrorism information! Her accent will be highly accepted, tehe.

Although im not a big hiking fan, family said the mourne mountains are quite nice?

Nightlife, not a dancing fan. More a normall pub fan. So beside the empire, more suggestions? Perhaps for a night, a tradiational music night would be fun too. Are there several, or must do's / must avoid's?

OH. Is there something with humor downtown? Got a name of a comedy / stand-up bar?

Or something with george best?

bs info:
                    About two months ago i met this middle aged woman (40+?) in A'dam who claimed to work in -the- most populair pub in Belfast (got name plus phonenr written at home... cant remember it).. she said her nickname was Pint-Bottle. Pretty awful nickname, considering her age, but she offered free drinking, so might have to look into that =)

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                      Thx. Europa hotel here i come!! =)

I like castles, so i will look into it for sure. thanks. that one will be added to the (short) to-do list. Any touristy IRA thing going on in the area??? Would be good to give my yank gf some proper terrorism information! Her accent will be highly accepted, tehe.

Although im not a big hiking fan, family said the mourne mountains are quite nice?

Nightlife, not a dancing fan. More a normall pub fan. So beside the empire, more suggestions? Perhaps for a night, a tradiational music night would be fun too. Are there several, or must do's / must avoid's?

OH. Is there something with humor downtown? Got a name of a comedy / stand-up bar?

Or something with george best?

bs info:
                      About two months ago i met this middle aged woman (40+?) in A'dam who claimed to work in -the- most populair pub in Belfast (got name plus phonenr written at home... cant remember it).. she said her nickname was Pint-Bottle. Pretty awful nickname, considering her age, but she offered free drinking, so might have to look into that =)
                      The Europa Hotel Swanky!! great location though to stagger too when the pubs close though ! Also bit of IRA history there too, it was the most bombed hotel in the world

Hmm touristy IRA thing, there is normally a buss tour that takes you around some off the Loyalist and Republican murals and they probably have some guy telling you some history too. Deffinately go on that, probably the closest to IRA touristy thingy you going to get :P

THere probably is some Gorge Best stuff but i don't know about it :P They changed the airport name and had limeted edition currancy with him on it so i'm sure their is some memorial somewhere but i don't know anything about it >< There is a tourist centre if you go in there they should be able to tell you.

Comedy hmm not sure The Empire still does it or not but it used to have a comedy night Tuesdays. BEst bet would be to try and book tickets to the waterfront if there is a comedian there when you are, i checked but only seen http://www.waterfront.co.uk/performa...ls.asp?id=1944 He'd be worth seeing but might be hard to get tickets as he is an Irish comedian and quite famous with 2 sitcoms. Bit dear though.

Yea deffinitaely check out the empire, it has different stuff on each night kinda, during the day you could drop into it and pick up a flyer and a bit off lunch (you go downstairs to get into it.)

Other bars you might like
                      The Bot (The Botanic Inn) its bottom bar has a great atmosphere for things like Ireland rugby matches or liverpool or man utd matches. Gets really packed though!
                      The Hatfield - never been to it can't remember if it is a good traditional Irish bar or a dodgey one!
                      The John Hewitt - serves some good german beers !! though the second last time i was in it i got really really drunk and got into a debate about voting and she was trying to get everyone to vote Sinn Fien - maybe its a nationalist bar or that was a one off lol i'm pretty clueless about these things
                      Robinsons - there is about 4 bars here, quite an old bar the downstairs and the rest is mainly for when the nightclub bit of it opens i think?
                      The Crown- another old bar, think this and robinsons are very close to the Europa
                      The Deers Head - NEver been in this one, looks old though but when ipass it so does the clientel !
                      Laveries - again about 5 bars all aimed at diff folk, it has a bit of a bad reputation though. Upstairs is pool and i've never had any trouble there, middle bar is a niteclub sort of thing Bottom bar is a normal bar - back bar is alternative music and the cellar is a different door and more punk music. If you like pool worth going for a few pints maybe try their pizza

i think there is a pub tour that goes around 6 pubs which would be great for you
                      check out http://www.gotobelfast.com

hmm dos and don'ts

hmm i'd take a walk around botanic gardens , think the museum might be shut atm though?

Don;t ask ppl their religion or wether they are nationalist or loyalist out in public, i seen an american do this to a poor girl behind the till at the main post office one lol!
                      In my world,
                      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X