building a new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money View Post
    sorry barton, i dont think u can read, did your mom waste all your money on your computer and not on readin lessons? :/

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
    meh sry didn't see that!
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
      I totally agree with your point but the answer to this question is obvious. The best computer possible at the best price point. ie: No parts that are 1/3 as good and 3/1 as expensive. A computer should always be considered a truck to haul stuff. hahaha. NO MINI VANS!
      Understood, but mini-vans are right for some people (soccer mom of 4 perhaps). I am asked at least once a week about 'the right PC to buy' by people who have no need for kickass video cards. They simply want to do email, surf, and open Word/Excel.

Years ago I used to believe that you bought a PC with an eye towards supporting software that might be around several years down the road. I valued the ability to upgrade the box. Now, I simply consider a PC as an appliance, something that will be used for 2 years and thrown away to be replaced with a new one.

Additionally, ever notice how few people even talk about the display or I/O devices? It is my opinion that a computing experience is greatly influenced by the quality of the display/keyboard/mouse. Build an awesome box, but attached some lousy LCD and keyboard and the whole system feels bad. I often recommend that people save a few bucks on the box and invest it in the display and I/O.

Of course this advice comes from a guy who paid $950 to upgrade the 10MB HD to 20MB in his 8088, the guy who bought a 286 and Win 3.0 to play solitaire while all business systems were still only running in DOS, the guy who upgraded his PC to a 386 so he could play the original Wolfenstein, the guy who paid extra for a math co-processor, the guy who currently plays a 2D online space game.

Comment

Talking about a sudden (10 year) stand-still. :P
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

The only thing that I didn't like about the items you picked, was the Power supply 350w is kind of weak in todays standards...go for a min of 500w...420 is ok, but I would rather make sure you have the power now to run what you may require in the near future.

Nothing that I can see that is wrong with what your looking at. Biostar is ok, as are MSI and many others. I am sure you spent some time checking out what you are looking for...just keep inmind the power supply is all Ican think of...350 is kind of weak.

1/2 the fun is just making the system...enjoy!
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

You're such a gangster
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
              The only thing that I didn't like about the items you picked, was the Power supply 350w is kind of weak in todays standards...go for a min of 500w...420 is ok, but I would rather make sure you have the power now to run what you may require in the near future.

Nothing that I can see that is wrong with what your looking at. Biostar is ok, as are MSI and many others. I am sure you spent some time checking out what you are looking for...just keep inmind the power supply is all Ican think of...350 is kind of weak.

1/2 the fun is just making the system...enjoy!
              yea il ike the box pixel posted it has a 500w

Comment

Working...
              X