No announcement yet.

City of the Futre (56k stay away)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe we should run a plane into that building.....
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
      You are a very original person.
      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

No really. Dubai is like paradise for terrorist with all the high buildings. Besides it's close to work too!

Comment

It's located in a pretty muslim part of the world, and as terrorism is in people's eyes closely related to extreme muslims, Being an Islamic country, I'd say Dubai is a pretty damn safe place in that aspect.
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

aye, jeansi is correct.

the leadership in the emirates is very careful not to piss other countries in the region off, and have close ties to many of the neighbouring countries.

i for one was never scared while living there, that said, i wasn't scared in Saudi Arabia either.

also, the reason dubai is expanding at such a horrific rate, is simple, they expect oil revenues to run dry before 2020, as such they are literally throwing money at their infrastructure, and trying to get a sustainable tourist based economy.

now, i think they succeeded with that about 10 years ago, with cheap prices, insane shopping festivals, the dubai desert classic, tennis events, A1 and possibly F1, you name it, dubai has it. what is going on now, is what you get when you have more money than you know what to do with.

also, about the divide between rich and poor, there are no poor emiratis, they all live in government subsidised housing, get money thrown at them every month, iirc dubai locals have the highest GDP in the world.
            Last edited by Displaced; 04-07-2007, 10:51 AM.
            Displaced> I get pussy every day
            Displaced> I'm rich
            Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
            Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
            Thors> prolly
            Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Paulo Futre?
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                A1 and possibly F1
                Isn't it already sure that the F1 is starting there in, I believe 2009?
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

afaik its still not certain wether it will be in Abu Dhabi or Dubai, last i heard Dubai wasnt willing to advertise alcohol at the event, but Abu Dhabi would allow it.
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

räikkönen!
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I saw them making the islands on some Discovery Channel show, was pretty crazy.

One of my buddies here in a bunch of my classes is from Dubai, he talked about stuff like how only citizens can own businesses and you can't become a citizen; anybody who wants to have a business there has to get permission and pay regularly to have it "licensed" under somebody's citizenship.

I do think it's kind of bs that they made a "7 star" hotel though, because the rating system only goes up to 5.
                      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I'd be happy to go there for a week and stress test their 7-star hotel and see if it's really up to par

all expenses-paid of course, since I'm doing them a favor
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

holy shit?
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                          1:waven> is if im going to prison
                          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                              Stop.
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                                afaik its still not certain wether it will be in Abu Dhabi or Dubai, last i heard Dubai wasnt willing to advertise alcohol at the event, but Abu Dhabi would allow it.
                                Today the commentator said it's gonna be Abu Dhabi in 2009, they already have a countdown running on some website.
                                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X