Anyone play badminton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So one serious question after all the trolling:

Why don't most of you (Americans?) consider badminton to be a sport?

Cool vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2k-tsX5KE
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
      Yes I do like to antagonize lasers, it is fitting for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
        Yes, because making love to a woman is nothing like paying some disease infested teeth less crack whore for sex. I bet this is why a president's only shot at being elected is to claim to be religious. You are all rebels, aren't you.
        Only ugly Euros pay whores to fuck them. In America, girls=whores and real men fuck them all at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
          If your racquet has high tension, the chance of breaking them is obviously higher. If you are saying that you are a newbie, there is probably a high chance that the shots you are making contact with your racquet are at weak joints of the racquet, like the sides and top, so it snaps easier up there.
          Tonight I brought my spare racket, and the string broke again! So the tally is up to four. This time it snapped really close to the top. To me it seems though that I hit the shuttle at the right spot, I can play the full court, which I don't think is possible with a bad contact point. This time I'm getting my tension elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi View Post
            Is breaking the strings three time A YEAR considered a lot in badminton?

I used to play tennis at national level when I was younger, strings breaking at a pace of 1-2 per week for hardcourt (string tension 27/29), and about once a week for clay court (sting tension 23/25, but the clay that gets stuck in between the strings wear them out quickly, together with the fact that a lot more spin is applied).
            I have no doubt that for a professional badminton player, who plays more and hits harder, the strings would break a lot quicker. But I play around 3-4 hours a week, and my strokes are obviously a lot weaker, so it shouldn't break as often as they do. Also, tennis balls, despite their flexibility, are heavier than shuttles so it doesn't surprise me that tennis racket strings break easier.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
              Only ugly Euros pay whores to fuck them. In America, girls=whores and real men fuck them all at will.
              Oh, now you get all my respect! I think I have seen you guys on Animal Planet then.

PS: How many girls do you have to fuck to go from player to pimp?
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

My favorite players are Lin Dan and Hidayat Taufik. Taufik has got the most wicked backhand smash to date, and is very balanced in terms of defence and attack. The two have met numerous times and I believe Taufik is superior because he wins the games that count (i.e. championship games), whereas Lin Dan wins the matches between them that are just regular season matches.

His backhand smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ualwAwHjopU

Taufik with some awesome defense right here (ignore the shitty commentary): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd1fsOBZQTk

Trix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so2-62WG0oQ#
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                  Let's make a thread on usa vs europe, it's been a while and it's always fun to read

ps. genocidal blir antagligen fittig när han läser dehär!
                  hans pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som han får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum

Comment

I've never really played badminton outside of high school. I'm sure it's way more competitive than what I saw but even when I played with a few friends outside of HS I still found racquetball much more fun. I played about twice a week, every week my first year of college with a good friend of mine and it was interesting to see the beginning and end results. Starting off just focusing on hitting it properly back to the wall and then around the end of the year, diving to hit it, jumping over each other, putting spin on the ball, increased accuracy and more. Tennis was pretty fun too, but volleyball is where it's really at
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho View Post
                      hans pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som han får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum
                      My hands put an overlord and female hunter simultaneously elephant booger sandwich, my hands are in arenas upstairs laughing at my return?
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

I'm Swede

Rektum = rectum
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Just got another racquet while in HK

Armortec 900 power! Just came out this year, costed me about 1280 HKD, and I found a place in hong kong to try it out tomorrow. Should be quite fun.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

not surprised how much people play this game, just don't understand why chinese like it more, i included. when i was in club back in high school half of it was azn(actually like 49% chinese) and it made me feel stereotypical. I found myself liking a lot of stereotypical things as well, argh!

nonetheless, great endurance and speed sport.

to answer the earlier question, americans don't play badminton for the same reason they don't play ping pong

Comment

Badminton is a nice game, yet I fell in love with racquetball/ squash, as it focuses more on trickshots (in my opinion)
                              "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Working...
                              X