Wrestler Chris Benoit and family found dead in home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Austin's ex-wife going public.

Steve Austin's ex-wife Debra speaks out about domestic abuse, says she can relate

Steve Austin's ex-wife, Debra Marhsall, commented on the Benoit Family Tragedy in a story published by My Fox TV in Colorado:

Regarding domestic abuse and drugs in pro wrestling, she said: "The domestic and drug abuse is out of hand in the WWE and something needs to be done about it."

Regarding the pattern of deaths in pro wrestling, she said: "In the last ten years, 60 wrestlers under age 45 have died... all in the prime of their lives. Big strong men, who somehow die with little or no investigation of the organization that encourages performers to use muscle-enhancing drugs."

The article concludes:

Ms. Williams claims she and Nancy Benoit's stories are very similar.
    Both sought help from law enforcement because of domestic abuse. In 2003, Benoit sought a divorce from Chris Benoit saying he physically abused her, she also asked the courts for a restraining order. Williams did the same thing on the third occasion when she says she was attacked by "Stone Cold."

Williams says, like Benoit, Austin all but forced her to write a letter to authorities saying her complaint was a mistake. But in Williams's case, the courts put Austin on probation for a year. In return, Ms. Williams was placed under a gag order, forcing her to remain silent about the "dark side" of professional wrestling, filled with drugs, booze, and domestic abuse.

"If only I had spoken up sooner, maybe Nancy and her little boy would be alive today... that's why I'm going public now, something has to change!"

In the TV report, she said:

-"Everyone thought we had this wonderful life, had this big house, worked together."

-"Steroids! He (Steve Austin) was doing steroids. I saw him do it, so I know he did it."

-"I have lived it. I have lived domestic abuse. I don't even want to think about what Nancy went through."

-"Why kill your wife, who's innocent, and why kill your seven year old, a little child. That's why I have to speak up. I've been silent for too many years." She said a gag order prevented her from talking about it her case with Austiin for a year.

-"I know what it feels like to have someone really, really big on top of you hitting you."

-"I had him arrested for hitting me."

-"I have a huge voice being that I was a wrestler, in it, abused, and married to the top guy. I'm glad I'm alive."

Yet again copied from another forum.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
      The dead Vince story was scrapped when Vince appeared on RAW on Monday.

Wrestling is just theater, with plots on storylines witch the players acts out. Death is as many other things, a part of our natural lives, so I don't think it's wrong to make plots or storylines about it. Everything that's keyfabe (term for fake) is pretty clear keyfabe unless you're a 10 year old kid using your imagination to make it real.

The difference between Vince's "death" and the Benoit is an ocean of difference. Vince's death was a promo of his limo blowing up, and a manic witch hunt to find the culprit was made. Everything of it is inside WWE.
      Benoit's death has had nothing to do with WWE, no promos, no matches, no wrestlers running around building it up. It's been official news.

When the differences of real/keyfabe is that big, WWE can do what they want with their acting. Movies has no restrictions because it might happen in real life, and they are supposted to be real in much of the same way.

And you can be 100% certain that Benoit atleast killed his wife, and you can be 90% certain that he killed his son as well. Read around.
      I'm sorry but keyfabe is a pretty gay word, I know you study English but I wouldn't publically use that word. I wanted to check the sources after I read the thread to make sure I knew what was going on. That's exactly why I edited my post.
      Last edited by Cops; 06-27-2007, 08:56 PM.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I usually see it spelt "kayfabe". It's an old carney word, I believe, possibly a code word for "fake".

Comment

I usually don't see it spelt at all.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
            I usually don't see it spelt at all.
            good riddance.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I stand corrected.

Edit:
              Cops: I could only respond to what I saw before you edited it

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...72&f=05&fg=rss

Vince got pretty fried in that interview, it's about steroid use in the wrestling business.
              Last edited by Noah; 06-28-2007, 09:52 AM.
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

WTF?
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

This may be one of the most bizarre things to come out of this.

Benoit's wiki page was edited by an anonymous person with the IP of 69.120.111.23 that stated that Benoit did not attend the PPV because of the death of his wife, Nancy.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Death_of...prior_to_event

This is being assumed by many to be Beniot editing his own page the day before he killed himself.

Comment

Apparently Benoit's son Daniel suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, which caused a lot of disputes in the family. His wife wanted him to stay home and take care of their son. Chris Benoit was consternated and depressed from the hardships, and from what I read he also took harmful steroids which had potential to cause 'roid rage'.
                    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                    1:Cower> Sword
                    1:Kthx> ok
                    1:Cower> Axe
                    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                    1:Cower> ?
                    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                      This may be one of the most bizarre things to come out of this.

Benoit's wiki page was edited by an anonymous person with the IP of 69.120.111.23 that stated that Benoit did not attend the PPV because of the death of his wife, Nancy.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Death_of...prior_to_event

This is being assumed by many to be Beniot editing his own page the day before he killed himself.
                      If that's true, that's fucking nuts.
                      DELETED

Comment

This is getting fucking strange.

Bibles and psychic wikipedia entries...Someone's bound to make a movie.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

wow, and his 7 year old son was mentally disabled? brutal.

Comment

everytime i hear something new, it gets stranger and stranger.
                            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Saw this on Fark today.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pag...Y&pageId=3.3.1

WTF? If what that man says is true, then this is one hell of a coincidence.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

man... that dude was awesome
                                i didnt want to say it but i bet he put his family in the crippler crossface and they accedently died, he felt bad and killed himself, rumor is...
                                Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                                X