Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming way late into an awesome UK series...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming way late into an awesome UK series...

I just watched my first episode of Top Gear tonight, Christmas Eve. I couldn't sleep and I saw this episode "Season 10 - The Race". The one where they take this Diesel Fueled BMW and take it on this 24 hour track run. It's awesome that they have this "Super Driver" who's faceless and referred to as "The Stig" cause it reminds me of "Racer X" from Speed Racer.

Next I watched my second episode which was about the Audi A5 vs the BMW M3 vs the Mercedes C6 AMG or something like that. Was pretty damn funny when they were going through their car comparisons and how batshit crazy the Merc was.

Anyways, yeah. Here I am, way late to the show, and I find it absolutely amazing, something sorely missing from American television. I went on Amazon to look for Top Gear on DVD and sadly nothing popped up. I figured by Season 10 they'd have some stuff out to buy, right? The only thing I found was a DVD called "Heaven or Hell" which stars the people from Top Gear. So, yeah, anyone know if there is this series on DVD that I can't see?
    DELETED

I like the bit where one of the guys crashed the car up nice 'n good.

I doubt you can buy it on DVD, it's more like an informal weekly news/chat/rubbish thing that we've had since forever it seems.

Comment

DA make sure youve seen the episode where they attempt to cross the channel in self-made amphibious cars. Brilliant episode

Comment

I have the whole of season 10 on my comp if you want it DA, I am sure we could find some way to transfer it.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

reckon it would be sold in the BBC shop

a quick look and there is a box set with some specials in it don't think its complete series

http://www.bbcshop.com/
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Top Gear is one of the BBC's biggest exports, I believe its especially popular in Central Europe. Jeremy Clarkson's a bit of a British institution (no matter how much of a cunt you may happen to think he is)
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i had to reluctantly buy my dad a jeremy clackson book for christmas.

Comment

Kitchen Nightmares

Comment

I never miss an episode. They're even trying to produce an Australian version, but I doubt it will work because James, Hammond, and Jeremy are an unbeatable trio in this genre and anyone else is just going to come across as substandard.

Comment

i dl'd ep 10 lol, carbon fiber shoe horn.

"Next I watched my second episode which was about the Audi A5 vs the BMW M3 vs the Mercedes C6 AMG or something like that. Was pretty damn funny when they were going through their car comparisons and how batshit crazy the Merc was"

thats the one
                    Last edited by Money; 12-25-2007, 10:50 PM.

Comment

American's wont like this show as you will soon find half the jokes are about you. And yes that is British humour, and yes it is funny.
                      Makelele> whos camping
                      Sumpson> mitch
                      KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                      Lemar> mitch
                      Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

those guys do some crazy shit, I think there is a best of on youtube somewhere and ya I am too lazy too link you
                        some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                        1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                        1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by End View Post
                          American's wont like this show as you will soon find half the jokes are about you. And yes that is British humour, and yes it is funny.
                          unlike other countries, we dont all get pissy when someone makes a joke about us :>

Comment

Really Money? I think there is a lot of posts I could find about you getting pissy.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

but i dont take it personal and cry about it irl lawl

Comment

Working...
                              X