Kid throws insane party, faces $20k in fines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am always (hiding) behind conc!
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
      To quote The Big Lebowski (which can always be used for wise remarks):
      I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there, the Dude, takin' her easy for all us sinners. Shoosh.
      you're out of your element donnie

shut the fuck up

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

The Chinaman is not the issue here.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
          FOR THE RECORD (as in, the record here, not the official record), your policy is not the end-all. I could care less about the journalist, come up with your own colloqualisms.

Vatican: what? Did you just compare modern journalism to Nazism? And call him "the chosen one?"

Okay, I should really stop posting here.
          Next time spell 'Colloquialisms' right before you try to bash my writing, it's really fucking annoying.

The journalist is part of the story, this has become an important aspect but obviously you don't really care about looking at the story or all sides, you've already made your mind up that this kid is completely to blame instead of realizing that he's partially at fault.

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
          I think you're missing the point. The fact that he was underage isn't the reason he's culpable. It makes it worse, but it's not the sole reason people are pissed. Your analogy's not great.

Look, as Cylor's said, if you throw a party, you have to be responsible for what might happen at that party. When I was in college, if a party got out of hand (and a lot of times, it did) the cops showed up and first wanted to talk to whomever was throwing it. If there was a noise complaint, the host was culpable. If there was underage drinking, the host was culpable.

I'm with Cylor, I don't know why people are on this kid's side--he's obviously a dipshit. And sometimes, dipshits need a fine to let them know that they're not someone special and breaking the law applies to everyone.
          You're responsible to a certain point, what people do outside of your house, as in not on your property is not your fault. I've been in many situations where parties have been broken up and the person running the party has told people to get the fuck out. You can advocate that people don't show up drunk so you can monitor how much booze you serve but your control is very limited. If I kick a guy out of my house cause he's being a douche then I wont take the fault for him throwing a beer bottle at someone. The kid's a retard, he posted the party online but he did what the police said and there's not a lot more he can do except remove kids from his house.

I guess it comes down to personal responsibility, what people choose to do after the party is their business as long as you don't let people drive drunk. This case is going to fall through the cracks of a youth court which will turn into a slap on the wrist and the media turning this kid into a celebrity.
          Last edited by Cops; 01-18-2008, 06:24 PM.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Cig Smoke is fat

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
              You're responsible to a certain point, what people do outside of your house, as in not on your property is not your fault. I've been in many situations where parties have been broken up and the person running the party has told people to get the fuck out. You can advocate that people don't show up drunk so you can monitor how much booze you serve but your control is very limited. If I kick a guy out of my house cause he's being a douche then I wont take the fault for him throwing a beer bottle at someone. The kid's a retard, he posted the party online but he did what the police said and there's not a lot more he can do except remove kids from his house.
              I think you are accountable when you invite such a large group of people. If the law didn't already require a permit or something like that to organize a party of that size, you should still facilitate the means to keep things under control. Like hire security or make arrangements with the police beforehand.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred, uh. . . Asian-American. Please.

Comment

I dont think he kicked anyone out of his house, or broke the party up or whatever. He keeps talking about it being the best party ever and I think that all he did while all that stuff happened was either participate in it, or look and laugh and drink.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

rudy and his co-horts are retarded, just because you bane people in a 2dspaceship game doesn't mean you should be mad you weren't invited to their parties after.

long live people who throw good parties!

only advice to him would be to take it to the desert like we do out here :\
                    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                    X