Clear All

matrix

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

men in black

E.T.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

You guys should check out the movie Sunshine. It's gotten mixed reviews but I think it's one of the best sci-fi movies I have ever seen.

Comment

lol Spider, Aeon Flux?

And the worst movie ever to feature a hot chick goes to.......
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

True, Sunshine is great.

Also I never knew Serenity had such a great following, I like it, but not like: wow that is a fantastic awesome kick ass movie!
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Terminator 2 - one of my favorites

Sunshine - they did a good job in trying to make the technology/space travel realistic

Episode III - my favorite of the series

Serenity - much more enjoyable if you watch the tv series first to get to know the characters

The Thing - great sci-fi horror, weak ending though because of budget overruns

I hope the upcoming Robotech movie will be good!:P

Comment

My picks would be:

- The Matrix, the sequels were just too overdone with the whole zion shite and the dragonball z action.
              - Star Wars (indeed, mostly empire strikes back)
              - Star Trek (most of the movies are worth watching in my opinion)
              - X-men
              - Blade Runner

Some other movies I liked were Alien and Alien: resurrection, starship trooper, fifth element, battlefield earth was pretty fun to watch, predator, terminator 1&2, contact and frequency.

Edit: Noone has said Close Encounters of the Third Kind, of which I am very grateful... what a piece of shit that movie was.
              "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

don't think i'm going to add anything new here and i'm not good at top 5's as i'm indecisive and one day my list would change to the next.

2001: A space Odyssey
                Blade Runner
                Alien
                Terminator 2
                The Matrix

also worth of a mention that i haven't seen here so far ?
                Event horizon
                ET
                Close encounters of the third kind
                invasion of the body snatchers

i'm tired

so finaly
                Mr.T goes into space : fools he dont even like planes watch him freak out a whole new level in space
                In my world,
                I am King

sigpic

Comment

Oh and what about Zone 39!!!!! :wub:

and do 'wasteland' films in general fall under sci-fi? ... like Mad Max :P
                  You ate some priest porridge

Comment

logans run

stfu i liked it
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Firefly owned, too bad they destroyed the show...

personal favorites:
                      The american astronaut
                      Cypher
                      Primer
                      Dark city
                      Pi

Gattaca is very good, as is Seconds (1966) although I would have loved to see more "freaky" scenes in that one.

Night watch/Day watch movies are good, the thrid one looks like is being made with helpful yank-hands, which means is gonna suck hard.
                      Plenty more kickass movies
                      Originally posted by Disliked
                      However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                      when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

kinda liked seeing primer on there

the cube movies were really weird to watching the first time through

i enjoyed the serenity movie too. i also enjoyed the shows. i did not like the fact that they made a steve-the-pirate-kabob.

empire strikes back was the best starwars movie. wrath of kahn or voyage home were the best star trek movies.

lol, spaceballs

i got a bunch but im busy =(

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                          the cube movies were really weird to watching the first time through
                          the director of the original Cube also directed Cypher which is a very stylish sci-fi thriller. He also directed a movie called Nothing which is a kinda wierd sci-fi comedy about two guys who end up in the, well, nothing...
                          Originally posted by Disliked
                          However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                          when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Predator
                            Terminator 2
                            The Thing
                            5th Element
                            Aliens
                            Equilibrium
                            Serenity
                            They Live
                            Waterworld
                            Stargate

Probably more that I cant remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                              http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Sci-Fi/

Orrrr

1) Solar Force
                              2) Time Cop
                              3) Soldier
                              4) Battlefield Earth
                              5) Wild Wild West
                              Oh crap I forgot about Space Jam.... it has 'space' in it so it counts right?

LOL seriously:
                              -Brazil
                              -Jurassic Park (how can this NOT be considered sci-fi, can we actually make dinosaurs? no)
                              -Return of the Jedi (I know ESB is a better movie, but this has been a favorite of mine since I was 3)
                              -Aliens
                              -Spaceballs
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
                                These aren't really Sci-Fi...

Brazil could perhaps get away with it, but not really... I wouldn't say Clockwork Orange is Sci-Fi, I guess dystopian, but Dr. Strangelove? There's not even a slightest hint of Sci-Fi.

Myself?

Star Wars Original Trilogy... I know it's cliché, but I'm going here by how much I've enjoyed it and the fact these films are some of a few that I can watch over and over. I should really include them here.
                                for someone arguing the definition of SciFi, you obviously don't know what SciFi is. Star Wars is NOT science-fiction, it is a Space Drama. It's an Epic. It's not Science-Fiction. The "Force" is not scientific, it's super-natural. That, sir, is fantasy. The fact that it has space and PEWPEW lasers doesn't make it SciFi, as SciFi deals with real-world political problems with advances in science and other aspects of the world making the story more complex.
                                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X