One out of hundred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One out of hundred

Here is a no-work-stress-friday newsflash fact - brought to you by telc...uhh seal:
    Sorry telcat, i beat you to it with the following topic!

In usa,
    Appearantly 1 out of 100 americans is currently in jail.
    Also, 1 out of 36 with a spanish background is currently in jail.
    And, if you're black, 1 out of 15 is currently in jail.
    In fact, if you're black, and you're between 20 to 34, the odds are 1 out of 9 that you are currently in jail.

That's kinda alot. Right?

Well there was also article about it here in some Israeli news site. I thought about it. to maintain the freedom, peace and security for the majority of the people, would you need to take the freedom of those who threat it?

Its a big question. I do think they send people to jail in US too lightly. People who accidentally kill on the roads might sit with murderers and drugs dealers and that's problematic.

The problem with this is simply the fact that in US they relay on the law authority's and not on education. Its not wonder that most of the people who sit in jail are probably coming from the places where kids drop from school and prefer to live on the street in groups.

Comment

I don't think those numbers are correct, that would be insane.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Those numbers are more or less correct. There is a lot wrong with the US penal system - but there is a lot more right with it. One fallacy that leaps from my mind is our nonsensical drug policy.

Comment

Local newsflash - back to work after this!

Before we have Money in here shouting "oh fuck you, you... you european", i will give Money some ammo. In western europe, the freaky deaky dutch had the least amount of people in prison in the 80's. Now, in western europe, we have the most amount of people in prison.
          Note: muslim and caribbean immigration started in the 80's.

Surprisingly in holland, out of all prisoners the antillians are in the lead. 24% of prisoners are antillian. That's one out of four of our caribbean friends are in jail. 23% are marocans and surinams are 18%. turkish take 7% of the prison space and the white dutchman takes the last position with 6%

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
            Those numbers are more or less correct. There is a lot wrong with the US penal system - but there is a lot more right with it. One fallacy that leaps from my mind is our nonsensical drug policy.
            You think its nonsensical because you probably have no shit idea what drugs does to your body and where some of those drugs are coming from...
            But then again, its you.

Comment

rofl gen your signature
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

doublepost

about that 1 out of 9 blacks are in jail in the US...well, here in finland, every fifth somalian (usually immigrants) is in jail. That's just...well, weird? stupid? bias?

Our prison system thingie is probably one of the worst in the world though (penalty-wise)
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
                  You think its nonsensical because you probably have no shit idea what drugs does to your body and where some of those drugs are coming from...
                  But then again, its you.
                  Gen is obviously reffering to all the cannabis and light drug related arrests. You shouldn't go to jail for something less harmful than alcohol.

Anyway, fuck logic! FUCK GEN! FUCK GEN IN HIS ASSHOLE WITH A GIANT WOODEN STEEL PENIS WITH FLAMES TATOOED ON THE SIDEQDSDKNFDSFWKLDNF!!
                  Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                    Gen is obviously reffering to all the cannabis and light drug related arrests. You shouldn't go to jail for something less harmful than alcohol.

Anyway, fuck logic! FUCK GEN! FUCK GEN IN HIS ASSHOLE WITH A GIANT WOODEN STEEL PENIS WITH FLAMES TATOOED ON THE SIDEQDSDKNFDSFWKLDNF!!
                    Alcohol in small amount is healthy and harmless. Cannabis in small amount can fuck up someone brain.
                    And its not only because of your health that governments around the world forbid drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                      That's just...well, weird? stupid? bias?(
                      There is two important factors; first, laws of a society are designed to reflect the social standards, morals, of a country or region. Therefore, if you move to another region that happens to have slightly or extreme difference in standards and values, it is likely that you will break rules in your daily routines:

For instance, you and your wife might go to the beach and she's wearing a bikini.

You are going to a festival and you smoke a joint.

You are 18 and sleep with a 16 year old girl.

You are 30 and sleep with a 16 year old girl.

You are 18 and you drink vodka.

You are carnal with your cattle.

You believe in a certain deity.

And the second is the lack of prospects, mainly because of prejudice, racism, discrimination, lack of education and social segregation.

And if you look at the integration of Caucasians, we are way worse than other races. We hardly integrated in any part of the world in the last hundred years, we just killed and oppressed instead of integrating in new regions.

EDIT: Where I said hundred I could as well say thousand.

Comment

Alcohol in small amount is healthy and harmless. Cannabis in small amount can fuck up someone brain.
                        And its not only because of your health that governments around the world forbid drugs.
                        What?

Cannabis in small amount can fuck up someone brain.
                        fuck up someone brain.

Anyway, I already see that you have way, way too little to bring to any form for reasonable discussion about this subject, so I'm not going to take you up on it in a serious manner.

Edit: I just read your post Zerzera, it was a good one, I were thinking somewhere along those lines myself.
                        Last edited by Noah; 02-29-2008, 09:09 AM.
                        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                            In western europe, the freaky deaky dutch had the least amount of people in prison in the 80's. Now, in western europe, we have the most amount of people in prison.
                            Note: muslim and caribbean immigration started in the 80's.
                            With ~0.11% of imprisonment of the ~12 million adults in our country.

Comment

Anyway, I already see that you have way, way too little to bring to any form for reasonable discussion about this subject, so I'm not going to take you up on it in a serious manner.

You can just say that you support drugs, you smoke them, you obviously know shit about them since you support smoking cannabis and therefor don't want to discuss about it with someone who does not support it, since he might slam your argument.

Its o.k, cannabis smokers usually fight for their right to smoke with stupid facts like "its healthy than cigarettes and alcohol" like you did few posts ago. Maybe the quote that you did just prove that fact on yourself. Don't reply now.

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                              doublepost

about that 1 out of 9 blacks are in jail in the US...well, here in finland, every fifth somalian (usually immigrants) is in jail. That's just...well, weird? stupid? bias?

Our prison system thingie is probably one of the worst in the world though (penalty-wise)
                              Thats logical. nothing stupid about it nor weird. People with different culture like immigrants, and people with a bad economic status, are usually will be those who will turn into crime.
                              The question is in what a country should invest more? fighting the crime or fight the roots with education and immigration absorption?

I don't know whats up in the USA but their judge courts and law forces are widely known, maybe thats why this is the situation there
                              Last edited by FarScape; 02-29-2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X