Texas man acquitted of blatant homicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck
    Last edited by Cops; 07-03-2008, 11:13 AM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
      actually....
      epic fail

Yes galleleo you are the foremost expert on american affairs. Im simply pointing out the facts. They broke 2 laws, they knew the consequenses. If you go rob someone tomorrow i should hope you would expect them to defend themselves and their property.
      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
        epic fail

Yes galleleo you are the foremost expert on american affairs. Im simply pointing out the facts. They broke 2 laws, they knew the consequenses. If you go rob someone tomorrow i should hope you would expect them to defend themselves and their property.
        hey douchebag, don't troll your bullshit from the other thread into this one.

stick to what you know, delivering half ass insults about people's haircuts.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
          They broke 2 laws, they knew the consequenses.
          is the first law they broke that they were on someone elses property?
          Originally posted by Tyson
          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
          Originally posted by HeavenSent
          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
          Originally posted by Izor
          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
            is the first law they broke that they were on someone elses property?
            Go back a page; I copy and pasted the laws. However, I believe NLS is referring more to the fact that they were illegal immigrants and trespassers.
            SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

ah sorry milosh, I missed that, thanks

After reading it I understand that texas is not my cup of tee but if thats the society you guys wanna have then by all means seems a bit risky to even go outside there!
              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.

Comment

we aint in Kansas anymore

Comment

Originally posted by milosh View Post
                  Go back a page; I copy and pasted the laws. However, I believe NLS is referring more to the fact that they were illegal immigrants and trespassers.
                  did he know they were illegal immigrants before he shot tho? is that really relevant to this?

Comment

I don't see how it's possible to know someone is an illegal immigrant while their outside your house rummaging through your garbage. The debate is in that he allegedly shot them because of their race; however, the reason he was acquitted was because he legally can shoot trespassers.

Also it's really not as bad as it seems in Texas; we have a lot of guns but we're also known as the friendly and hospitable South. I'll admit there is some racism here, but it's really not a majority. Present day Texas shouldn't be stereotyped as a blood-thirsty, racist, white supremacist breeding ground just because a crazy 70-year-old man shot some trespassers. White trespassers get shot all the time, but there isn't nearly as much press coverage because the intention of the land owner is clearly not ethnic cleansing.

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by milosh View Post
                      I don't see how it's possible to know someone is an illegal immigrant while their outside your house rummaging through your garbage. The debate is in that he allegedly shot them because of their race; however, the reason he was acquitted was because he legally can shoot trespassers.
                      I don't think so. This is about the reasonable use of force against another person, regardless of citizenship or nationality. The intent of the law is to protect your life if it is put in danger, I think even the die hard Republicans wouldn't support gunning down two people for stealing 2,000$ worth of crap. While he might be cleared by the judicial processes for now as an acquittal probably clears this case from advancing the legal precedent concerning the Castle Doctrine. But in the spirit and intent of the law, as well as morally and ethically he was in the wrong.

The excuse of self-defense including the use of deadly force is reserved for those posing a threat to your life or those in your immediate vicinity, two people robbing houses not approaching you or your property is not covered by that. This law while legally binding is probably unconstitutional and out of step with the mainstream. You have to remember we live in a Constitutional Democracy, the rule and want of the majority is tamed by that of legal precedent and the supreme legal documents and authorities of that land. While justice failed to prevail here there are always other avenues such as civil prosecution Jerome mentioned.

Edit: I can't find a link but I remember reading that a man was locked in a garage for a week or two after attempting to break into someone's house. He sued and won because the homeowner didn't provide an electronic door release from the inside. It's crazy what people can get away with.
                      Last edited by Kolar; 07-03-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• houston is 60% hispanic, whites are the minority here

at least half of that 60% are illegal, anyways doesnt matter what race or anything

point is they got dealt with, who knows what they had and down here with all the trigger happy mother fuckers u cant afford to take a chance, you'll end up dead yourself

Comment

• This law supports the Constitution as men have rights to freedom and property. Though I agree with you that this man's intention probably was not to protect himself or his property there is no real way of knowing that. I don't have all the details on the story and obviously I wasn't present at the shootings, but perhaps this man did see these trespassers as a viable threat to his safety and security and that valid point is being masked by his racist remarks.

Comment

• Or..

He could have stayed in his house and waited for the cops or for them to actually come to his house/entering his neighbours house. So far all they were doing was rummaging through garbage as far as I know.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• He made it clear on the tape he was going to leave his house to kill them. The Doctrine in principle is I believe but not this law, removing yourself from a safe environment to an unsecured unsafe environment willingly with the intent to protect that area or person isn't what this principle calls for. That amounts to becoming a vigilante, removing yourself from protecting yourself and your own and protecting your community, that is not the job of a citizen, we have people who do that: Police, who are highly skilled and trained to dead with such individuals.

It's meant to protect yourself and those in your immediate vicinity from being attacked. A plain clothed officer was on the scene waiting in his car before he decided to leave the house, I think he wasn't about to put himself in between trigger-mac-happy and two criminals.

Comment

• I'm not saying that I agree with his actions. The question I'm posing is where do you draw the line? This isn't the only law that impedes justice being done. Everyone knows that police need search warrants or visible sight to incriminate known ass holes. Justice isn't available only for the moral; it's available for everyone. This is the very core of democracy!

Comment

Working...
                                X