Road trip through the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
    Ever since I went to Turkey, Greyhound just doesn't compare anymore.

Their buses are like airplanes on road.
    same with the buses to mexico brand new volvo coachs n shit lcd tvs and all that so nice

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
      Also has something to do with the amount of tourism in Orlando. I'd like to spend a week in Myrtle Beach in SC but I guess that'll have to wait.

My views on traveling, I want to spend a week relaxing, exploring, doing anything that isn't strenuous. I find driving to be strenous especially if you have to do it for a long period of time. I hate being on the highway, people put on their asshole hats and drive like they have a personal mission to drive you off the fucking road. It seems fucking stupid to drive for 2-3 days spend a few days somewhere then drive back. Personally I'd rather leave Toronto at 6:30 am and get into Orlando around 12:00 pm. I might not be uber comfortable with flying but it doesn't cut into my vacation time.
      I love driving, I just drove home from Switzerland to the Netherlands yesterday, a good 9 hour drive (because you can fly through Germany) and its great. I would personally always prefer a car trip over flying or anything else given that because I would drive I would not only have 2 days left instead of more if I would fly. But yeah, I love driving.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
        I love driving, I just drove home from Switzerland to the Netherlands yesterday, a good 9 hour drive (because you can fly through Germany) and its great. I would personally always prefer a car trip over flying or anything else given that because I would drive I would not only have 2 days left instead of more if I would fly. But yeah, I love driving.
        Driving through Europe makes fiscal and logical sense, you can get around pretty easily. It also helps that your neighbors are situated so close to you, driving from Canada to Mexico is fucking nuts, I'm not saying people don't do it because they do but 50+ hours of driving is rough. I think 6-9 hours of driving isn't that bad if you get to see a beautiful country but driving in North America is just driving through states and provinces. The states and provinces might look different but it's no where near as exciting as driving from The Netherlands to France or Spain.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

And remember every town in america has a tittie club in it so on you way see which state has the best.
          ?find dads revenge

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
            And remember every town in america has a tittie club in it so on you way see which state has the best.
            every night in ohio is amateur night!
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Me and some friends were thinking about maybe going to the US in a few years (renting is cheaper if you are over 25), rent an RV and then go from East to West, driving. Seriously, if I have the time for it (so not 1 week vacation of which 5 days would be driving) I will drive anywhere.

(say you would drive normally, Netherlands Switzerland (where we were isnt even past the alps yet) is about 10-11 hours, I made it 8 on Saturday).
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

LOL renting isnt cheaper if you're over 25...renting a car or RV requires u to be 25 or OLDER, no price cut.

Comment

Bullshiat.

straight from hertz US website.
                  On most rentals the minimum age is 25 without an additional Age Differential Charge, and 21 with an additional Age Differential Charge.
                  so yes, its cheaper after you turn 25.
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

drove from saskatoon to vancouver to san diego last summer, it was a good time. definitely worth it, california's beautiful. i was also a big fan of oregon and washington but i guess that'd be out of your way. drive through but you don't want to have too much shit scheduled out. on a trip like that where you're driving you'll want to be able to take breaks when you can instead of feeling so rushed to be on schedule. yeah.
                    Originally posted by turmio
                    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                    Originally posted by grand
                    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                      Bullshiat.

straight from hertz US website.

so yes, its cheaper after you turn 25.
                      im sorry but you cannot rent a car in the united states by yourself if you are under 25 years old. if you dont believe me, try it. 99.9999999999999999999% of the time they wont allow it, even with perfect credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                        im sorry but you cannot rent a car in the united states by yourself if you are under 25 years old. if you dont believe me, try it. 99.9999999999999999999% of the time they wont allow it, even with perfect credit.
                        I tried, but they (Budget) told me I had to be 21. I'm gonna try again next year and see what comes out.

Oh and I decided to fly, got a nice non-stop deal from Indy to LA for €166 per person all-in. After some contemplation it's the only way I can fit the trip into my schedule if I still want to go to some other places.

Comment

hmmm, its always been u had to be 25 or older, must have changed it very recently

Comment

From Avis:

At participating locations, Avis recently lowered the rental minimum age to 21 years old in all states except for Washington DC.

Rather than requiring customers to be 25 to rent, Avis now rents to customers between the ages of 21-24 with a valid credit card and driver's license. At time of rental, we will automatically apply an additional $25-per-day underage surcharge for these drivers.

New York State will continue to have a minimum age of 18 with a $110 surcharge per day for renters age 18-20 and a $25 per day underage surcharge for renters age 21-24.

In the United States we do not have a maximum age requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycle View Post
                              I tried, but they (Budget) told me I had to be 21. I'm gonna try again next year and see what comes out.

Oh and I decided to fly, got a nice non-stop deal from Indy to LA for €166 per person all-in. After some contemplation it's the only way I can fit the trip into my schedule if I still want to go to some other places.
                              Not bad, the euro is strong against the American dollar so it's a great time to live it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X