Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the death penalty

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...=2008809270330

Carter was convicted Thursday of killing Corinthian. He abducted the child from his grandmother's Natchitoches residence, took him to an abandoned house in Coushatta, tied him to a chair with an electrical cord, poured gasoline on him and lit a match. Corinthian suffered third and fourth degree burns over 54 percent of his body and likely died within a minute.
    i mean... what argument to letting this guy live could one put forward
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Jesus will forgive you if you convert today!
    Celibrate
    XXX is overrated.

Comment

i think if the death penalty is abolished they should be forced to sit tied naked in a prison cell in a maximum security jail courtyard bent over with no gaurds for 1 week straight.
      (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
      (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
      (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
      (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
      (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Well I am 100% against the death penalty in every case, so that.

Comment

You can't argue for or against the death penalty on a case by case basis, there's too much emotion to have a reasonable argument.

Comment

i would imagine the question of whether a human being deserves to die is perhaps the most important time to take it case-by-case

emotion's always a factor... and if it comes to the question of guilt, all you can really hope for is fair judgement and fair presentation of evidence. in this case, there was no question of innocence, he definitely admitted to it.

if question of guilt is enough of a mitigating factor to reject the death penalty... sigh, if only that sort of scrutiny was applied to other situations where humans lives would be at stake.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

That's the problem with our justice system, to convict someone you must only prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. You don't have to prove their guilt as a reality or fact, only beyond the doubt of a reasonable person. The other part to it is if you believe killing someone can be morally and ethically justified given the chance of executing an innocent person, or any human life in general. If we could go case by case and see that there is no doubt, absolutely this guy did it and all physical evidence says the same then it would fall to the next level but again our justice system doesn't operate on those parameters.

Comment

I'm against the death penalty because i don't see how it's the role of our government to decide whether someone lives or dies. I see with very emotional cases like this people try to use the justice system as a tool for their vengeance against the criminal rather than a logical and just punishment.

Comment

abolish prisons alltogether, just have holding cells at police stations, and shooting ranges behind courtrooms, if you get convicted of any crime, 1 shot to the forehead = problem solved.

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! !!!!! :P
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I hear the Cardassians have a pretty good justice system.

Where's Saturn V to back me up on this?
                    Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

I think the most severe punishment isn't death but life imprisonment without parole. Death is too quick of a punishment. Maybe let he victim's family give the guy a few lashes or something too beforehand.

But then again, it does cost money to keep someone alive in a prison. So kill him.
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

The death penalty system is more expensive at the end of the day than life imprisonment.

Comment

Some people are just better off dead. I say we bring back the firing squad.

Comment

Jerome: Your original post implies that you support the death penalty at least in this case. Isn't the death penalty the ultimate in 'government coercion' and thus against everything that you stand for?

I'm personally against the death penalty in all cases, so like geno I say don't kill him.
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                              The death penalty system is more expensive at the end of the day than life imprisonment.
                              how do u figure? ur telling us that a vile of w/e they use for lethal injection costs more than feeding that inmate for 50-60 years? including electricity for his cell, staff to watch over him, washing his clothes, cleaning products for his cell, hygiene products...u did say "system"........after all, we do pay TAXES.

come on now. thats ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                              X