Gay Marriage 2008- Topic revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
    South Park knows its true! They took our joooobbbs.

But seriously its a choice, people choose to be gay, like they choose anything else. The things you cant choose obviously being race, eye and hair color, how long you live ect. I believe Sigmund Freud talked about this. (the father of psychology) I believe it was in his penis envy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_envy
    tell me more about this Freud guy. I am not aware of his work but he sounds interesting.

edit: It's not a choice. You didn't choose to like girls, either did I. Is it really hard to comprehend that men might feel that way about other men or women with women? You look at a picture of a hot chick in a thong and you get a boner right? Did you will that boner into fruition or did it naturally come about? Now imagine you aren't attracted girls, but like men instead. Same thing happens. !!!!!
    Last edited by Squeezer; 10-13-2008, 08:39 PM.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
      I can say with certainty that my views on gay marriage have definitely changed since the last thread.

My church is completely against gay marriage in any form. I used to be brainwashed and believe the same thing, but that just isn't right. Just because a man is in love with another man, or a woman with a woman, doesn't mean that they should be denied the same basic rights as a man and woman in love. If a man and a women are in love and get the legal benefits while sharing a household, wearing a ring, and calling themself a union, it just doesn't make sense that as soon as you flip the gender of one person that the benefits are stripped away.

I do have one small issue with gay marriage though. Sure, give them the legal benefits, and allow them a civil union (I'm not quite sure I want it called a marriage per se, but that's not that big of a deal to me). However, I am against the ceremony being performed in a church. I don't think that not allowing homosexuals to get married in a church will deter them from getting married or not, but based on the Christian religon and what the Bible says, i just don't think the union should be performed in a church. But face it - after all the animosity between homosexuals and Christians, would the majority really want to get married in a church?
      Wow it's pretty amazing how we can really watch people's views change so much in the years. You used to be one of the most religious ones around Panda, i'm glad you came around

As for church, I guess if the particular minister of that church and it's members allowed it, it would happen nothing you could do about that but excommunicate them all!
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

I applaud Liquid Blue for making the thread, but 2-3 people ruin these threads.

I could argue that it's not a choice or that the people against gay marriage are usually against it for religious reasons, and they also tend to grow up in communities that are outright against being gay, but then again these individuals have been socialized to be anti-gay for twenty plus years so anything a reasonable and rational person says to them isn't even taken seriously.

If you want to grow up in a society that is accepting of different types of people then move, cause there's no way in fuck gay marriage is going to be accepted everywhere, and overwhelmingly people with these attitudes raise their kids to accept their biases and prejudices.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
          The difference is that you want your values to reign over everyone (IE everyone follow the norms already established...MAKE FUN OF THE QUEERS!) instead of allowing people to decide for themselves and deal with it. Essentially, you're the pussified one because you can't tolerate a mindset outside your own so you make fun of it or speak out against it instead of letting others do their own thing. They aren't harming anyone like your cheerleader example above (and don't give me the "it turns straight kids gay," crap because I, and others I know have plenty of gay friends and most of us are still straight as a dotted line), so what does it matter to you.

Although I guess you stated above that you aren't really proactive about this issue and I am, so maybe I'm writing too much :P

edit: And by teaching young kids to come out and declare themselves gay you're empowering them in ways that some fight never could. It takes a lot of courage to go against hard headed assholes that wont let you live without knowing how much of a fuckup you are to society.
          I never said that I'm against gay marriage I said that I dont care one way or the other. Obviously I'm not too comfortable with the idea but like you said with grown adults its really none of my business what they do in their own home.

My problem here is grown faggots trying to negatively impact our children. I used the example of Xog because in his teenage years he was confused and didnt know what he wanted. Now it seems as though his hormones have stabilized and he realized hes not gay.

"2-3 people ruin these threads" means "2-3 people dont agree with the rest of us iintellectuals!" Again like I've said in the past there wouldnt be two sides of the argument if someone else didnt think like me.
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Pride

Used this link twice this week, odd.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              I don't understand why people turn gay anyways, women have assholes, and tits.. I mean come on.
              yeah, men don't.
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I believe Sigmund Freud talked about this. (the father of psychology) I believe it was in his penis envy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_envy
                You believe? And Freud is last century, he promoted cocaine too. It hurts me that you ignored my question, bet you couldn't answer it.

To get back to Freud, you are wrong. You shouldn't preach your ignorance, I propose that you stick to talking about what you do know.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

So gays are fighting for equal rights, then i read something about a "Gay friendly highschool" get the fuck out of here.

Personally, i dont believe in gay marriage. I do believe in civil union tho. If gays just accept that Religious people want the word "Marriage" to be kept sacred, they should just get the fuck over it and invent a new word for being a couple of flamers.

HTF is right, being gay is a choice. I dont buy into that bullshit that your born gay. and HTF is dead right that if everyone in the world was gay, life would cease to exist(w/o the help of science).
                  8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
                    You believe? And Freud is last century, he promoted cocaine too. It hurts me that you ignored my question, bet you couldn't answer it.

To get back to Freud, you are wrong. You shouldn't preach your ignorance, I propose that you stick to talking about what you do know.
                    Freud is the father of psychology his methods are very well used today. Just like advil was last century we still use it today. Zerzera your last question was rather dumb think of a new one and try again because frankly it wasnt worth a reply. You shouldnt be saying others are ignorant, its the pot calling the kettle black.

This is spose to be a debate, not shit talking people, frankly its rather tiresome when someone gives an opinion and gets bashed for no reason. Bash the opinion not the person. I explained why I view it as why I view it, whats more for me to explain. Should I have to draw pictures, or use a pie chart for people who cant understand simple english? I've stated what I believed and thats that.[/rant]
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

i will qutoe a famous man

all gayz=aids

-thomas jefersen

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                        My problem here is grown faggots trying to negatively impact our children. I used the example of Xog because in his teenage years he was confused and didnt know what he wanted. Now it seems as though his hormones have stabilized and he realized hes not gay.
                        I do't know what you mean by 'negatively impact our children'. If they are trying to have sex with children, that's illegal no matter straight or homosexual.

If you mean gays can actually 'change' non homosexuals into homosexuals then you're just as deluded as those people who really think they change it the other way around with any real impact on the world, one or two cases not withstanding.
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                          I do't know what you mean by 'negatively impact our children'. If they are trying to have sex with children, that's illegal no matter straight or homosexual.

If you mean gays can actually 'change' non homosexuals into homosexuals then you're just as deluded as those people who really think they change it the other way around with any real impact on the world, one or two cases not withstanding.
                          Well he could be referring to California's newer law, in which teachers are no longer allowed to say Mom or Dad because it would be unfair to the same sex couples.

Heres the law:

The new law says a government school cannot have "instructional materials" or school-based "activities" that reflect adversely upon persons because of their gender or sexual orientation. Opponents say that this, in effect, means that schools can ban books or teaching aids which have the terms mom, dad, husband and wife without also having positive references to gay, bisexual and transgender couples or parents.
                          And as for boys and girls using the same bathrooms and locker rooms, since the California definition of gender "includes a person's gender identity and gender related appearance and behavior," then boys can use the girls' bathroom or locker room as long as they dress like or identify themselves as girls (I wonder if there is some official registration process for this).
                          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

i don't know if anyone has said this...

the idea of a marriage was first introduced by religious figures as the unification between a MAN AND A WOMAN. NOT A WOMAN AND A WOMAN. NOT A MAN AND A MAN. That being said, no to gay "marriage", yes to "civil union" or whatever you want to call it.
                            2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
                            Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
                            Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
                            Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
                            1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

Freud is the father of psychology his methods are very well used today. Just like advil was last century we still use it today. Zerzera your last question was rather dumb think of a new one and try again because frankly it wasnt worth a reply. You shouldnt be saying others are ignorant, its the pot calling the kettle black.

This is spose to be a debate, not shit talking people, frankly its rather tiresome when someone gives an opinion and gets bashed for no reason. Bash the opinion not the person. I explained why I view it as why I view it, whats more for me to explain. Should I have to draw pictures, or use a pie chart for people who cant understand simple english? I've stated what I believed and thats that.[/rant]
                              This is a personal issue. See how offended you got by a few fuckwits (myself included) calling you names on the internet for your beliefs. For trying to place their view of you over your own mindset. Do you not see how this is analogous? You don't want people impeding into the privacy of your own head or your life, especially if they're making judgments.

So how can you be against people making their own decisions? Many are more sound of mind than any on these forums, but they're making irrational choices?

Please explain and stop quoting bullshit Freud. He said a lot of things a long time ago that are still mostly, but not (and here's the key) directly relevant to modern life. And from the way it was taught to me Freud tended to attempt to explain the deviance in humans, not take stances.
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Well he could be referring to California's newer law, in which teachers are no longer allowed to say Mom or Dad because it would be unfair to the same sex couples.

Heres the law:

The new law says a government school cannot have "instructional materials" or school-based "activities" that reflect adversely upon persons because of their gender or sexual orientation. Opponents say that this, in effect, means that schools can ban books or teaching aids which have the terms mom, dad, husband and wife without also having positive references to gay, bisexual and transgender couples or parents.
                                And as for boys and girls using the same bathrooms and locker rooms, since the California definition of gender "includes a person's gender identity and gender related appearance and behavior," then boys can use the girls' bathroom or locker room as long as they dress like or identify themselves as girls (I wonder if there is some official registration process for this).
                                A good teacher would learn their students' parents sexual orientation and be respectful. How is this an issue? What important tasks are kids doing that the visual aids need to identify "husband" and "wife"?

As for the boys in girls bathroom (gasp!) thing, if a guy wants to dress like a woman, go through the trouble of pretending to be a woman, and accept all the ridicule he's going to get from other males with the mindset we've seen in this thread just to be in the same room as girls pissing...Uh I actually don't know how I'd feel about meeting someone like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X