No announcement yet.

Gay Marriage 2008- Topic revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laugh out loud at people who hide behind religion (like kthx) cos they are too weak and afraid to accept people that act differently even when they already know that marriage is not an event limited to christianity or religion.
    Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 10-14-2008, 06:01 AM.
    Originally posted by Tyson
    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
    Originally posted by HeavenSent
    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
    Originally posted by Izor
    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I'll do this in pieces:

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
      I could care less what they do inside their own home, but when it infringes on my rights,
      Go on...

Originally posted by HateTheFake
      my religion (word marriage),
      Try this on for size:

Originally posted by The Fucking United States Constitution
      Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...
      If you believe in the Constitution, you better fucking believe in the separation of church and state. No sect of Christianity has a monopoly or copyright on the word "marriage." You've got no recourse here.

the future of my family (allowing gay men into female locker rooms)
      Who said anything about introducing gay men to female locker rooms? Stop talking out of your ass.

Allowing gay marriage is only another step in the direction of marriage with animals, a group of 3 getting married ect.
      So by your logic, homosexual activity goes hand-in-hand with bestiality and polygamy. When was the last time you met anyone that engaged in bestiality? If you can actually answer that question, I dare you tell me what their sexual orientation was. As for polygamy, when was the last time you met a gay polygamous trio? Never? You're damn fucking right; the most common instances of polygamy include radical Mormon groups, all of which are between one man and multiple wives. Are you saying that THAT is OK as long as all members are not the same sex? Again, stop talking out of your ass.

The foundations of marriage should be held sacred not stampeded on by people with no respect for it to begin with.
      Strike three.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
        This discussion is going way too well than I had anticipated. Kahlan, back up your views please?

Also I (and probably the rest?) would want to know what is up with you xog. Was it all just a big goofy charade or was it serious; didn't you know if you were straight or not?
        without bringing this thread to the brink of being off-topic i'll try and say as little as possible about this.

I was 16 years old, still a virgin at the time, and nobody really liked me. I'd go into my past and describe the depression I was going through but that'd take too long. The point is I was depressed and that's not really an attractive quality for someone. I didn't know I was depressed at the time, therefore nobody had any lol "crush" on me. So I met this other extremely depressed guy, who was a friend, and I just didn't care at that moment if it was a guy or a girl, I just needed someone to help me because in my mind, I was being told I needed help without realizing it.

At this desperate and depressed state, I tagged along for the ride. Little did I realize I was actually screwing myself over. He was in a much worse situation than I was, and I couldn't even begin to describe how horrible his life was. I just felt so sorry for him after I got "into" the relationship.

It got to the point that he was so attached to me that if I broke up with him, he saw no reason to live. He has successfully attempted to kill himself in his past, but wound up living after*.. and I didn't want someone's death on my concience.. so over about a year and a half I tried to straighten his life up and bring him out of his depression (and wound up doing it to myself too) so that he wouldn't kill himself when I broke up with him. I knew the gay life wasn't for me shortly after I met him, but I was stuck as you can see.

There's my short story.

*he jumped off his roof (8 story building), landed half-way on his fire escape a floor below, fell down onto the neighbor's fire escape, and landed in the trash cans below.. if your life's fucked up enough to try and kill yourself.. living after an attempt like this adds so much more dissapointment and depression I still feel sorry for him.. he was only in the 6th grade (yes he had a very very horrible life at a very young age)

--------------------------------

back to being on topic:

I do believe gay marriage should be legal. It's a relationship. The Legal system has absolutely no relation to religion. The leaders are being complete dicks and abusing their power to make laws reflect upon their religious beliefs when in fact no religion has any legality issues regarding laws.

What ever happened to that Church and State stuff? Law should have absolutely no relation to "God(s)"
        Last edited by Xog; 10-14-2008, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlan View Post
          Gay = wrong on every level based on morality, religion, and physical... attributes.
          Gayness or homosexuality? I personally aren't too fond of gay people, but I could care less if someone is homosexual.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
            I said before and I'll say again: many people like me who may think its immoral/disgusting/wrong/etc have somewhat conceded to saying 'we dont really care what adults do until it directly affects us' If my child has to go through some fucking equal opportunity/tolerance lecture at school about faggots or worse yet reprimanded for making gay jokes ill be very pissed. I wouldnt want my kid to be subject to that. It's not an unreasonable fear and I know plenty of other people feel the same way.
            Quoted from my earlier response-

Originally posted by me
            So how exactly would "grown" homosexuals negatively impact our children? How about the meat heads at sports events that drunkenly objectify women in hearing distance of children? Or feminists that bash all males in front of little girls? Or racists that spew their messages of ignorance to their kids and their neighbors kids?
            How is a lecture talking about equal opportunity or talking about rights for homosexuals damaging to your children? You should be the one reprimanding your child for gay jokes, not getting mad if someone else does. Again, my earlier question still hasn't been answered.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

California Homosexual Organization Admits HIV/AIDS is "Gay Disease"

By Gudrun Schultz

LOS ANGELES, California, October 4, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center has abandoned a long-held homosexual activist contention by declaring on billboards posted throughout Southern California that HIV/AIDS is a “gay disease.”

According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, the Center is trying to address rapidly increasing HIV infection rates among the homosexual population by rallying the gay community to increasing vigilance against exposure to the disease. Activists for the homosexual lifestyle have, until this current development, strongly, and sometimes vehemently refused to admit that the disease is predominantly generated among homosexual men.

The ad campaign, which is also running in magazines, is in part a response to the findings of public health officials, who have noted that three out of four cases of HIV infections are found in men who engage in homosexual activity, the United Press International reported.

In 2005 US health officials reported an alarming eight percent increase in HIV infection rates in one year alone among homosexual and bisexual men. The Center for Disease Control also warned that a survey of 15-29 year old men who engaged in homosexual activity “reported that the proportion of unrecognized HIV infection was as high as 77 %.”

A report by the Public Health Agency of Canada, released in August 2006, revealed a sharp increase in HIV/AIDS infections, with 51 percent of infections found in men engaging in homosexual activity.

See the CDC’s report:
              http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5445a1.htm

--------------------

God couldn't tolerate this kind of affront to his being, so he is putting a stop to it.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                Freud never makes any of the vague assertions you think your high school psychology books said.
                You're implying they went to high school, BAZING

it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  God couldn't tolerate this kind of affront to his being, so he is putting a stop to it...
                  If there would be a god, and AIDS is indeed the way he would put a stop to it, god would be the world's biggest pussy. Either he should smite em directly and take responsibility or gtfo with the collateral damage in africa.
                  "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

jesus christ, why don't you guys just shush and realize nothing you do is affected by the fact that these people are allowed to marry. God forbid my aunts are allowed to see eachother in the hospital when the other is severely ill. Shame the idea of sharing benefits between people that truly love eachother. Damned the idea of being able to hold a house as a family, not as two individual co-signors.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Umm, I would agree with some sort of bond being allowed to homosexual couples that would allow these things, however I do not agree that they should be "married" in a church. The term marriage is in the bible between a man and a woman, and a preacher who has sworn an oath to obey and preach the word of god to pronounce that a man and a man or a woman and a woman are now one in the eyes of god is just wrong. If gay people want the right to see their companion in the hospital thats fine, if they want a US document saying they are a couple that is fine, but if they want a religious document saying that they are together I disagree with it. The fact that homosexuals are taking this battle to the religious aspect of it is the problem with it, why don't they try for something along the lines of "Union Papers" signifying that they are together and just stay away from the religious part of it? Then both sides get what they want.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Ok let me put it this way

-

A gay man goes to a church and asks to be married to his partner, the preacher says "Look, I don't have any problem with you but you see... in the religion I have learned it is a sin to be homosexual, so you can see that by marrying you I am going against everything I have learned, my profession, and my god." The gay man gets upset and takes it to the supreme court of the land, and the court says well, it isn't fair that he isn't allowed to marry whom he wants (even though this is against the whole seperation of church and state thing). So later that week the gay guy goes to the preacher and the preacher either has to perform the ceremony that goes against everything he feels is right or risk losing his job.

-
                        And on the other side
                        -

A preacher walks up to a gay man and says hey I don't appreciate what you are doing, it is very ungodly, and you will be punished for it, why can't you just have sex with women. The gay guy responds that he can't have sex with women because throughout his entire life he has never wanted to have sex with women and he doesn't think it is the right thing to do. So the preacher goes to the supreme court and the court says "well it is wrong that guys have sex with other guys." (even though this is against the whole seperation of church and state thing) So later that week the preacher goes to the gay guy and tells the gay person that he has to start having sex with women or else he could be put in jail and possibly get fired from his job when his boss found out.

-

So whats the real difference, how is it possible that a group of gay people could really expect to receive blessings from a preacher for marriage when it goes against everything the preacher stands for. Why would gay people want to be married in a godly ceremony that looks down upon gay people. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if gay people just fought for the rights that married people get without actually going through a church and god for marriage? It seems to me like gay people would rather attack a religion to get what they want over fighting for the actual rights they want. They want a word more than they want the benefits.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          Umm, I would agree with some sort of bond being allowed to homosexual couples that would allow these things, however I do not agree that they should be "married" in a church. The term marriage is in the bible between a man and a woman, and a preacher who has sworn an oath to obey and preach the word of god to pronounce that a man and a man or a woman and a woman are now one in the eyes of god is just wrong. If gay people want the right to see their companion in the hospital thats fine, if they want a US document saying they are a couple that is fine, but if they want a religious document saying that they are together I disagree with it. The fact that homosexuals are taking this battle to the religious aspect of it is the problem with it, why don't they try for something along the lines of "Union Papers" signifying that they are together and just stay away from the religious part of it? Then both sides get what they want.
                          because that's still discrimination. Gays aren't going to start coming to your church in droves Wark. :/

They don't want shit from you any more than you want to give them shit, but if you call it a "civil union," instead of a governmentally recognized "marriage," then you're basically enforcing a new wave of the separate but equal laws on people's love lives.
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

So be it, the whole argument from Christians about gay marriage is the "marriage" portion of it, if it was a gay union sanctioned by the state and not the church, that has every government ruling from a marriage in it but leaving out god it wouldn't be a problem. This isn't gays wanting rights, its gays attacking the church because the church is by the writings of god against gayness.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

sigh, this is exactly why my idea of focusing on better public school education would be the best solution

because then people wouldn't call AIDS the "gay disease"
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Umm, it is sorta the gay disease, considering how it is largely spread throughout the gay community, more so than the straight community...
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X