No announcement yet.

Gay Marriage 2008- Topic revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a "gay-friendly" public high school, i predict, will lead to a TW thread on gun control.

i think it's pretty funny, where i live people are amazingly open towards "the gays", even if alot of the time it's got a really hilarious redneck twist to it ("look here, now i know all about your homo-sexual shenanigans, but as an amurr-ican i respect that, though if you ever touch me- i'll gut you like a pig, boy!").

imo, here high schools have a "magnet" program for gifted students, and the high school i went to was chartered as an entirely "magnet"-focused school. so it's always been where the more intelligent people in the middle of fucking louisiana go, and the atmosphere there was really laid back... around here when i meet people they always say "you seem like a magnet kid", so that should tell you what everyone at my high school was like. there were gay people there but it really wasn't an issue, i used to chill with a few.

perhaps just focusing on fostering a higher intellectual environment in schools would solve the problem at its source, as well as, i dunno... fufill one of the main objectives of a fuckin' school?

as i see it, the fact that they are thinking about such a school is an implicit confirmation that public schools fail. but... i won't go any further except to say that if anything, public schooling needs a serious re-think.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

From an evolution stand point its still wrong (if everyone turned gay, life would cease to exist)

Heard of artificial insemination?

Its not wrong on a religious level either. You arent supposed to judge people for your god, he is.

It's where you learn social skills,
      No one needs to announce the fact that theyre gay.
      God you're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Da1
        da1 - I have feeling this will be an entertaining thread. What's your view, Liquid burger?
        I think it's perfectly fine for gay people to get married, I don't see the problem with it. Alot of religious people have a problem with it and call it a sacrilege and an abomination to the holy union between a man and a woman in the eyes of god- but I can't really explain it more than the fact that it's their life. Let them do what they want, as long as they aren't harming other people- why should you try to ban their marriage? I wholeheartedly agree that you should have the choice not to support or endorse said marriage if you have a religious or spiritual problem with it, but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to literally forbid them for marrying eachother.

Originally posted by Izor
        Liquid Blue your people should know better than anyone the negative effects of segregation.
        Oh man, I can't get enough of this quote. I love you, you big racist redneck. Taken from the OP :

I'm glad CT has approved gay marriage but I don't know if having a "gay" highschool will really benefit the kids that are getting abused by their peers. With how mean-spirited people can be, I think it will only focus and enflame bigots and push them to more extreme measures to display their hate, specifically on teh student body and campus of said school.
        I expressed my worries about these kids getting abused more by small-minded people before I asked for people's opinions.

Originally posted by Izor
        something else that adds to the sissification of our kids that has been plaguing our society. I mean seriously, you're teaching kids that they shouldnt stand up for themselves cause they can just go somewhere else.
        It's not always the type of situation where kids will just get paper balls thrown at their heads, sometimes homosexuals are brutally assaulted and even killed in highschool and in college simply because of their sexual preference. It's not about 'sissification'- and you sound like an insecure man for even going that route- it's about making sure the kids are safe enough to continue learning. How many kids are going to want to go to school if they get beaten up every day or thrown down steps and have trash thrown at them as they walk through the halls? Highschool sucks as it is, it's a shame that the kids have to deal with even more public isolation and negative jeering than usual.

EDIT: my dad may have made a couple racial comments while I was growing up but making fun of gays is just...straight people's nature. It has nothing to do with parents
        It's not straight people's nature, it's small-minded people's nature. Is it white people's nature to make fun of black and spanish people? Asian people's nature to make fun of whites? Parents do play a vital role in how their children grow up, and how they mature socially. What kids see their parent approve of as acceptable behavior, they in turn emulate and pass on to their kids. Absolving parents of blame just continues the cycle of hate going on through time.

There would have to be something pretty fucked up like that one cheerleader getting stomped out to catch my attention and say it went too far.
        So a girl getting beat up by a bunch of people would trigger your brain as something wrong, but a guy getting beat up by a bunch of people wouldn't? What if the cheerleader was a lesbian? You shouldn't only be affected by straight people being in trouble, and I doubt you would even find out until you're already involved. Someone in trouble is someone in trouble, plain and simple.

before I get jumped with "but izor these people cant help that theyre gay!" let me add to that comment that these people dont need to go to school dressed like rod roddy or mr slave.
        If you ever actually become friends with a few gay people, you'll realize that once an ignorant person finds out someone is gay, they don't care how well dressed that person is. A closed mind refuses to open up to new possibilities, and a gay man or woman would face the same harsh criticism coming from that corner once the "cat is out of the bag".
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Personally, I like the one I just sigged more LB

If everyone turned gay, ALL life on the planet would cease to exist! It's evolution!
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

The problem with that simple thought is that it everyone isn't going to all have one entire sexual preference, and even if we did- artificial insemination would make sure life went on.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
              The problem with that simple thought is that it everyone isn't going to all have one entire sexual preference, and even if we did- artificial insemination would make sure life went on.
              Not to mention that the world full of life wouldn't just "cease to exist" because humanity decided to pork each other into oblivion.
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I hope you understand the difference between the video im talking about that happened recently in florida, where the group of high school bitches jumped the one girl and proceeded to beat her for like 3 minutes, vs someone coming up and punching the resident school bully in the nose and the fight being broken up shortly thereafter. Also, I'm not saying these people shouldnt be disciplined at all for their actions, but schools do not leave anything to a 'case by case' scenario. If you get in a fight now, regardless of how much you may have been provoked, you're getting disciplined for it. I dont like the message that sends.

I have an example for this as well: my boss's son. On the bus ride to school the kids behind him keep kicking his seat. It is against the rules to turn around on the bus due to safety issues, so he tried to complain to the bus driver on more than one occasion. The bus driver did nothing about it. My boss, being similar minded to me, instructed his son to stop being a bitch about it and hit the kid next time it happened (obviously not in those words). The next day he comes home from school crying, because when he turned around to hit the kid he got in trouble from the bus driver. What has the child been taught here? He cant defend himself? He has to just complain about it to someone who isnt doing a damn thing to help him? Dunno but that situation is very easily solved by a quick punch to the head
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                  I hope you understand the difference between the video im talking about that happened recently in florida, where the group of high school bitches jumped the one girl and proceeded to beat her for like 3 minutes, vs someone coming up and punching the resident school bully in the nose and the fight being broken up shortly thereafter. Also, I'm not saying these people shouldnt be disciplined at all for their actions, but schools do not leave anything to a 'case by case' scenario. If you get in a fight now, regardless of how much you may have been provoked, you're getting disciplined for it. I dont like the message that sends.

I have an example for this as well: my boss's son. On the bus ride to school the kids behind him keep kicking his seat. It is against the rules to turn around on the bus due to safety issues, so he tried to complain to the bus driver on more than one occasion. The bus driver did nothing about it. My boss, being similar minded to me, instructed his son to stop being a bitch about it and hit the kid next time it happened (obviously not in those words). The next day he comes home from school crying, because when he turned around to hit the kid he got in trouble from the bus driver. What has the child been taught here? He cant defend himself? He has to just complain about it to someone who isnt doing a damn thing to help him? Dunno but that situation is very easily solved by a quick punch to the head
                  He's been taught that the world is full of stupid rules and assholes out to agitate you. When he gets older he'll learn to bend those rules and avoid those people or face the consequences if he's caught.

And I agree with your first part. It's a tough line to draw because the law and the state must be impartial, but when is a crime or wrongdoing ever black and white?

Comment

I know the video you're talking about and if you were a passerby coming up after those chicks jumped her, you wouldn't know what was going on. Same goes with if you came up and saw two kids fighting (although when gays are physically harassed it's usually not just one person assaulting them). You won't know what's going on unless you were there from the start, and most people aren't there from the start.

If the bus driver wasn't doing anything, then the dad should have talked to the bus driver or had told his son to not sit there (unless they're assigned seats?). If the bus driver doesn't do anything after he talks, then I too would have had my son stop the situation himself- and I would have shown him that violence is only used as a last resort, not as the first option.

I don't plan to have my kid(s) running around taking punishment without reprisal but I don't want them to think dishing it out first is the right way to go, either.

Comment

I can say with certainty that my views on gay marriage have definitely changed since the last thread.

My church is completely against gay marriage in any form. I used to be brainwashed and believe the same thing, but that just isn't right. Just because a man is in love with another man, or a woman with a woman, doesn't mean that they should be denied the same basic rights as a man and woman in love. If a man and a women are in love and get the legal benefits while sharing a household, wearing a ring, and calling themself a union, it just doesn't make sense that as soon as you flip the gender of one person that the benefits are stripped away.

I do have one small issue with gay marriage though. Sure, give them the legal benefits, and allow them a civil union (I'm not quite sure I want it called a marriage per se, but that's not that big of a deal to me). However, I am against the ceremony being performed in a church. I don't think that not allowing homosexuals to get married in a church will deter them from getting married or not, but based on the Christian religon and what the Bible says, i just don't think the union should be performed in a church. But face it - after all the animosity between homosexuals and Christians, would the majority really want to get married in a church?
                      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                      1:Chao <ER>> at all
                      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                        Personally, I like the one I just sigged more LB

If everyone turned gay, ALL life on the planet would cease to exist! It's evolution!
                        South Park knows its true! They took our joooobbbs.

But seriously its a choice, people choose to be gay, like they choose anything else. The things you cant choose obviously being race, eye and hair color, how long you live ect. I believe Sigmund Freud talked about this. (the father of psychology) I believe it was in his penis envy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_envy
                        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

You're so silly, HTF.

Comment

I don't understand why people turn gay anyways, women have assholes, and tits.. I mean come on.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i think lesbians are a far bigger problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                                I can say with certainty that my views on gay marriage have definitely changed since the last thread.

My church is completely against gay marriage in any form. I used to be brainwashed and believe the same thing, but that just isn't right. Just because a man is in love with another man, or a woman with a woman, doesn't mean that they should be denied the same basic rights as a man and woman in love. If a man and a women are in love and get the legal benefits while sharing a household, wearing a ring, and calling themself a union, it just doesn't make sense that as soon as you flip the gender of one person that the benefits are stripped away.

I do have one small issue with gay marriage though. Sure, give them the legal benefits, and allow them a civil union (I'm not quite sure I want it called a marriage per se, but that's not that big of a deal to me). However, I am against the ceremony being performed in a church. I don't think that not allowing homosexuals to get married in a church will deter them from getting married or not, but based on the Christian religon and what the Bible says, i just don't think the union should be performed in a church. But face it - after all the animosity between homosexuals and Christians, would the majority really want to get married in a church?
                                I'm very happy to read this :wub:

Comment

Working...
                                X