Paper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Help

Paper argumenting for the lowering of the drinking age to 18, any help? need viewpoints from both sides.

thx
    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

A1) every OECD country besides the US and Japan, and most non-OECD countries, have it at 18 or less and do not have significantly greater social issues arising from public drunkenness or other alcohol-related issues than we do
    A2) the drinking age laws are already widely flouted, the law does not in any way reflect reality
    A3) greater enforcement required by having it as 21+ rather than 18+ puts a strain on policing resources
    A4) following on from A2, prohibition analogy- college age people from 18-21 misuse alcohol in part because it is illegal

N1) slippery slope: lowering the legal drinking age to 18 means that younger and younger children will start to use alcohol, potentially in dangerous ways; making alcohol legal for 18-21s just means they will abuse harder drugs
    N2) countries with the drinking age at 18 don't do any better in terms of harmful alcoholic behaviour than the US does- why should we change our standard to theirs for no social benefit
    N3) setting the drinking age to 21 in the first place lowered drunk driving fatalities and incidence of drinking in 18-21s, lowering it could potentially raise them again

A3 and N3 extracted from http://www.slate.com/id/2198522/

ps you might get better responses to this sort of thing by phrasing it as "hey guys lets discuss about the legal drinking age in the USA on this internet discussion forum, what do you think about it??? " instead of "please help me with my homework sscu trench wars, i do not have original thoughts"
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

He posted pretty much everything I was going to say. But I think it should be lowered to 19 and not 18, because there are few people in high school age 19, so making the drinking age 19 would prevent an influx of alcohol in high school parties.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Voting age is 18 , how can anyone justify that you are responsible enough to vote on the future of your country and not be responsible enough to consume alcohol at a moderate level. :fear:
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Z4( gettin drukn and high wiht my friends is awesume.

thx

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
            Voting age is 18 , how can anyone justify that you are responsible enough to vote on the future of your country and not be responsible enough to consume alcohol at a moderate level. :fear:
            Considering the youth-turnout rate at the polls, I'm not sure that's a helpful argument.

Comment

im a fan of lowering the drinking age to 16 and raising the driving age to 18

flame on

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                im a fan of lowering the drinking age to 16 and raising the driving age to 18

flame on
                That would make you French.

But in all seriousness having the drinking age at 21 means that parents don't get the chance to educate their children about drinking beyond "don't do it, it's illegal" and any parent who tries to teach the kids properly before they're 21 is technically breaking the law.

At the age of 18 most kids are still living with their parents. By the time they're 21 many have flown the nest. Those who want to drink will have done so with friends in uncontrolled environments.

Liquor is like any controlled substance and it's up to parents to teach their kids about it. Putting the drinking age at 21 often means they either have 2 years between lessons learned and putting them into application or worse, learning in college about drinking.
                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

can join the military/vote/smoke but not drink at 18

so you have the option of risking your life, but not one to drink
                  Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                  2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                  2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

I was under the impression that you are aortas brother? not sure if I am correct or not, but if you are, I refuse to help you. Whether or not you are his brother, aorta is retarded.

edit: HI FRENCHIE!
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

People in the army can drink at 18.

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation View Post
                        People in the army can drink at 18.
                        your are incorrect, but it should be this way, only for people in the military.

Fuck the rest, i waited till i was 21, you all can wait.

Besides, sneaking around to get drunk is 1/2 the fun.
                        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by raizin View Post
                          your are incorrect, but it should be this way, only for people in the military.

Fuck the rest, i waited till i was 21, you all can wait.

Besides, sneaking around to get drunk is 1/2 the fun.
                          Maybe it's different for those stationed in the battlefield. But I heard that when you're on tour you can drink at 18.

Hell if I was 18, on tour in the army and couldn't drink I'd be a mess.

Comment

That would make you French.
                            Or Dutch!
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Maybe it's different for those stationed in the battlefield. But I heard that when you're on tour you can drink at 18.

Hell if I was 18, on tour in the army and couldn't drink I'd be a mess.
                              I have a friend who has a military ID because her dad is in the army and she needs it to visit him on base. Before she was 21, she used it all the time to buy beer. She would just flash the military ID and most of the time the sellers wouldn't even ask questions or even inspect the ID - they saw she was in the military (even though she wasn't) and sold it no questions asked.
                              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                              1:Chao <ER>> at all
                              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
                              X