Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is/are your favorite fictional character(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
    Have you read Steven Erikson? I've tried Forgotten Realms, Drizzt and stuff just pales in comparison, can't get into it.

My favourites?

Dexter Morgan
    Kruppe/Iskaral Pust/Tehol Beddict and his manservant Bugg (Erikson's series, really I could list 10 more, but those are my favs - and Fiddler)
    Pearl Jam's got the right idea!
    Gibbs/House are alright too

And as gay or lame as it is, Samwise! As a kid I was really touched by the strength of his friendship, and it's something I've always admired in people, and aspired to have myself.

v- lol Red, I completely expected to be flamed for that.
    I haven't read anything by Erikson, but I'll take a look next time I'm in a Chapters store. I've read pretty much everything by: Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, Raymond E. Fiest, George R.R. Martin, R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood and about 120 books from the Dragonlance series.

And I have to agree with RednaZ; Samwise Gamgee is the most annoying fantasy character ever imagined.

Favorite Anime & Cartoon Characters:
    Light Yagami
    Edward Elric
    Shikamaru Nara
    Homer Simpson
    Mr. Burns
    Stewie Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
      I haven't read anything by Erikson, but I'll take a look next time I'm in a Chapters store. I've read pretty much everything by: Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, Raymond E. Fiest, George R.R. Martin, R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood and about 120 books from the Dragonlance series.

And I have to agree with RednaZ; Samwise Gamgee is the most annoying fantasy character ever imagined.

Favorite Anime & Cartoon Characters:
      Light Yagami
      Edward Elric
      Shikamaru Nara
      Homer Simpson
      Mr. Burns
      Stewie Griffin

LOTR was my first real set of fantasy novels I had, I liked his character then, and still do no, as corny as it is.

I've read Brooks, and Martin. Martin moreso(funny thing is, you reccommended that series on these forums and I think thats what made me try him), but he takes forever to write Enjoyed them both. Terry Goodkind I hated. He has some dominatrix fetish or something. Stopped reading after book 2. R. Scott Bakker's trilogy was pretty out there. Erikson sets the standard for me though, that guy is amazing. The second book might still possibly be my favourite.
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

[QUOTE=Eric is God;678680]Raymond E. FiestQUOTE]

Pug - Magician Apprentice/Magician Master
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
          What happened to that girl's lower spine? She must have Scoliosis I really hope she is fictional because that looks like a very painful way to live when you are her age.
          So when you first looked at that picture is that the first thing you noticed? I don't know about anybody else but there are only 2 things I notice in that pic, miss left cheek and miss right cheek

ps. money still wins
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

It's called pronating and it's the most important skill a girl can learn.

oh and Eric is God, if you haven't read Robert Jordan, make it so.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
              It's called pronating and it's the most important skill a girl can learn.

oh and Eric is God, if you haven't read Robert Jordan, make it so.
              yeah jordan is good too, but erikson i like more

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

The spaceship pilot named Divine Rides

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                  So when you first looked at that picture is that the first thing you noticed? I don't know about anybody else but there are only 2 things I notice in that pic, miss left cheek and miss right cheek

ps. money still wins
                  all i notice is that when that woman is pushing 40 you aren't going to want any part of that giant, hot-air balloon ass
                  PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Robert Jordan is meh. L.E. Modesitt Jr. is good, though. At least the Recluse series I read. I haven't ventured towards any other of his books besides Timegod. Jordan just takes too long to say something, and nothing ever happens. So much description that he doesn't have room for plot development. The second to last book was exciting, though. Made it so you KNOW a butt-ton of stuff is about to happen.

And to Knockers, Terry Goodkind is good if you read past the 2nd book. You quit the books prematurely.
                    sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                    1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlan View Post
                      Robert Jordan is meh. L.E. Modesitt Jr. is good, though. At least the Recluse series I read. I haven't ventured towards any other of his books besides Timegod. Jordan just takes too long to say something, and nothing ever happens. So much description that he doesn't have room for plot development. The second to last book was exciting, though. Made it so you KNOW a butt-ton of stuff is about to happen.

And to Knockers, Terry Goodkind is good if you read past the 2nd book. You quit the books prematurely.
                      Not normally, usually I'll keep reading just to finish a series I've started. Just couldn't get into his books, I was finding myself constantly annoyed by his writing style. It's very rare I'll stop reading so soon in a series. I might give the 3rd book another go sometime, but not yet.

Comment

johnny drama

Comment

We have wheel of time characters but no song of ice and fire?

tyrion lannister tops robert jordan's matt cauthon (although he's still a great character)
                          Also, Bill Watterson's Hobbest
                          and Berkley Breathed's Opus
                          And (i can't remember the character's name) but the main character from the original Dune was so fucking badass.

also dwight.

edit: would have typed this first had alcohol not played a major role in my evening: All time favorite fictional character is Ender Wiggin
                          Last edited by Scurvy; 01-11-2009, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Agreed PJ. The dude abides.

There's a passage I got memorized, seems appropriate for this situation: Ezekiel 25:17

New on the hitlist:
                            "I'll see you again tonight in my head movies. But this head movies makes my eyes rain"

Comment

haha seal. simple jack is good cos he played a full retard

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                                We have wheel of time characters but no song of ice and fire?

tyrion lannister tops robert jordan's matt cauthon (although he's still a great character)
                                Also, Bill Watterson's Hobbest
                                and Berkley Breathed's Opus
                                And (i can't remember the character's name) but the main character from the original Dune was so fucking badass.

also dwight.

edit: would have typed this first had alcohol not played a major role in my evening: All time favorite fictional character is Ender Wiggin
                                I like Tyrion, but I think the only reason he tops Mat is because Mat is often stuck in boring situations. Same with Thom. If those two could lose the chicks and just take their Red Band on the road they'd be rockin' it.

As for G.R.R.M I really liked the direwolves, but they seem to have mostly gone KIA or MIA now. I enjoy how unpredictable and brutally realistic he can get, but he needs to learn to stick to his release dates. Erikson gets 1 (bigger/better imo) book out a year, hasn't been late in 8 books. Martin makes me angry, he's used too many excuses as to why he can't keep to his own deadlines! <_<

Comment

Working...
                                X