Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is/are your favorite fictional character(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
    LOTR was my first real set of fantasy novels I had, I liked his character then, and still do no, as corny as it is.

I've read Brooks, and Martin. Martin moreso(funny thing is, you reccommended that series on these forums and I think thats what made me try him), but he takes forever to write Enjoyed them both. Terry Goodkind I hated. He has some dominatrix fetish or something. Stopped reading after book 2. R. Scott Bakker's trilogy was pretty out there. Erikson sets the standard for me though, that guy is amazing. The second book might still possibly be my favourite.
    Yea I remember the topic you were talking about

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...ighlight=books

John Snow is one quite badass, I must say. But I hated how Martin first broke the next I&F book into two books, and then released the book full of the shitty characters I don't care about and to my knowledge, still hasn't released the second book chock full of the awesome characters.

I still haven't checked out WOT series, even though it's been like 4 years since that topic was made, lol.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
      Yea I remember the topic you were talking about

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...ighlight=books

John Snow is one quite badass, I must say. But I hated how Martin first broke the next I&F book into two books, and then released the book full of the shitty characters I don't care about and to my knowledge, still hasn't released the second book chock full of the awesome characters.

I still haven't checked out WOT series, even though it's been like 4 years since that topic was made, lol.
      Jon Snow! That's the character I was forgetting. He is quite possibly my favourite of all Martin's characters.

I really find it hard to believe so many people here have read so much fantasy, but haven't read Steven Erikson. The dude is a prodigy imo, one of the best (if not best) fantasy writers to ever work the trade. God wait until you read about the Chain of Dogs, Coltaine, and Duiker! Gtekrljhnlerkjhneraklj So epic! So amazing!

Second book is called Deadhouse Gates, first one is better the second read, as you know all the characters from the following books. Erikson is kinda weird, books 1 and 3 are one storyline, 2 and 4 another, than book 5 starts a whole new one. Books 6-8 are currently bringing all the storylines together in a clusterfuck of lovely .. i dont even know - but it's awesome!

That thread, can't beleive you found it LiBleu! Nostalgia attacks! :fear:
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

haha

I haven't checked it out yet but I hear good things about the series "The Black Company"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Company
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

urthstripe the strong

redwall reppin'
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post

That horse looks to be less than impressed.
            Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
              urthstripe the strong

redwall reppin'
              what!

Martin The Warrior and Gonff the Prince of Mousethieves bitch
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                urthstripe the strong

redwall reppin'
                long patrol

sup

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                  what!

Martin The Warrior and Gonff the Prince of Mousethieves bitch
                  sounds like you guys are speaking some kind of code, gran.
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                  4:BigKing> xD

Comment

man if you don't know about gonff

then you need to go hit up mossflower, immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                      man if you don't know about gonff

then you need to go hit up mossflower, immediately
                      actually the proper starting place would be Redwall

With Matthias and shit.
                      sigpic

Comment

woop di doo, i told him to read the second book (the one with gonff) instead of the first book of the series

it's all good shit, and I never read them in order when I was a little kid anyway

I think the Bellmaker was the first one I read, that or Mossflower

Comment

Pearls of Lutra best book in the whole series, straight up
                          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

gay animals fighting each other make for gay books.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

you sir, will not disrespect my childhood memories

don't get gay

Comment

I've read all of Brian Jacques' books. I'm even currently reading his new one; Doomwyte.

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                                gay animals fighting each other make for gay books.
                                Animal Farm is considered a very good book and is often a book chosen for reading in most schools. Redwall series is no different, but the case is medieval fantasy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X