Show us your musical instrument(s)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soupero View Post
    I wouldn't buy your guitars then, wood or nothing.
    I wouldn't sell you one to begin with As wood like Koa and other special woods become scarce, look for your Good wood guitars in the next 5 years to be at a base price of over $4,000.00 of course you can buy a crap Yamaha plywood/particle board piece of crap. Quite a few solid body electrics BTW are no longer wood and are a rotocast composite that is painted.

And btw, isn't carbon very expensive.
    Depends on the CF you are using...which CF do you know about or have you used?

3K, 2 x 2 Twill?
    3K, Plain Weave?
    6K, 5HS Weave?
    1K, Plain Weave?
    12K Triaxial Braided?
    Unidirectional Carbon Fabric?

AND carbon tends to change from black to yellowish/black.
    Hmm...I have lots of samples and finished products made from CF I made over 5+ years ago and they still look identical to the day I made them. Maybe the clear epoxy resin the people of who you know or had seen make CF products used a crap resin?

And is it easy to fix cracks, don't think so.
    Um...very very simple to fix. I guarantee I could break and destroy a wood acoustic guitar without a problem or injury to myself and as far as a CF guitar would be...well good luck in breaking them. Easier to fix a CF panel then mend and brace a wood panel.

Soupero, I am glad you know so much about the CF industry.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
      I also use to play clarinet for middle school band

I made first chair, and gave it up at beginning of high school because I didn't want to look gay anymore.Or for the time being
      same thing, but i played the tuba (and weighed like 130 lbs)

never practiced, was first chair for 3 yrs straight. even beat the guy in 2nd chair left handed he was so bad.

it was fun, but conflicted with any and all sports, so it had to go

that and HS band was pretty gay (or at least it looked that way)
      .fffffffff_____
      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
      .fffffff\______/
      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
      .fffff\________/
      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
      .fff\__________/

Comment

404: Do you happen to know the school in Chicago that your friend went to?

This is the one I was referring to ... I think they do more than violins (despite the name): http://www.csvm.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
          404: Do you happen to know the school in Chicago that your friend went to?

This is the one I was referring to ... I think they do more than violins (despite the name): http://www.csvm.org/
          The name of the school originally was the Kenneth Warren School of Violin Making when he attended. It is now known as the Chicago School of Violin Making and is the same as the one you mention and have linked.

Comment

So wait, Im drunk, indulge me 404

You're saying that most guitar made with real top quality wood are going to be 4k+ starting? What kind of differences are we looking at compare to top model Strats or Les Pauls for example? I've seen them for 2-3K you know, are they using not the top stuff woodwise generally? Which leads me to ask, to really own a completely top quality guitar, you'd need to have is custom made? I'm assuming so, as with most things - completenly custom usually makes the best things, provided you know what you want.

I know I need a nice acoustic next, and of course Lucille. I love that guitar, it's sound. B.B. King kicks ass. I also want a new amp, I've just got a 15W marshall with reverb, want a tube amp big time. My friend has a nice fender tube amp with a double imput, so we play there more often.

I'm not sure where I'm going with amps, the Roland Bolt-30 sounded nice with my strat at the guitar shop, and apparently they don't make them anymore. Was considering that one, what you think?
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Doh it's limited to 3 pics..
              -Kawrae

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
                So wait, Im drunk, indulge me 404

You're saying that most guitar made with real top quality wood are going to be 4k+ starting? What kind of differences are we looking at compare to top model Strats or Les Pauls for example? I've seen them for 2-3K you know, are they using not the top stuff woodwise generally? Which leads me to ask, to really own a completely top quality guitar, you'd need to have is custom made? I'm assuming so, as with most things - completenly custom usually makes the best things, provided you know what you want.

I know I need a nice acoustic next, and of course Lucille. I love that guitar, it's sound. B.B. King kicks ass. I also want a new amp, I've just got a 15W marshall with reverb, want a tube amp big time. My friend has a nice fender tube amp with a double imput, so we play there more often.

I'm not sure where I'm going with amps, the Roland Bolt-30 sounded nice with my strat at the guitar shop, and apparently they don't make them anymore. Was considering that one, what you think?
                The wood issue comes to play a part in primarily Acoustic Guitars. Look at Taylors, Gibson & Martin for example. I have noticed that many of the acoustic guitars made today are double if not triple the price as to what they had been only a few years ago. As for electric's, it really does not matter to me if it is wood or another composite, as long as the neck and pickups are what I want and I like how they feel and sound.

The crossovers will be the Archtop's or Jazz styled guitars such as the Gibson ES-335 or Ibanez Artist series.

Wood in general is becoming pricey, but for a simple dread or jumbo guitar, many still will use a standard Spruce top with the exotic wood being used for the sides and back. Not to leave out the really special woods I have seen people using for their fretboards, such as Bloodwood, Bocote, Leopardwood, Purpleheart & Zebrawood to name a few.

As for the amps, it sounds as if your freind has a Fender Twin Reverb? Great amp! The one amp I wish I still had that I let go years ago was a Leslie tube Amp that was for a Hammond Organ that was converted to be used with my guitar. Two rotors...man that Amp was awesome. If you ever have a chance to play guitar on a Leslie...I highly recommend it!

Used amps are not a bad deal BTW....no need to buy a new amp IMHO. Some great deals out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post

The crossovers will be the Archtop's or Jazz styled guitars such as the Gibson ES-335 or Ibanez Artist series.
                  damn that would be sexy
                  xxXArsen's Music CollectionXxx

-C4L-

Comment

I wouldn't sell you one to begin with As wood like Koa and other special woods become scarce, look for your Good wood guitars in the next 5 years to be at a base price of over $4,000.00 of course you can buy a crap Yamaha plywood/particle board piece of crap. Quite a few solid body electrics BTW are no longer wood and are a rotocast composite that is painted.

Depends on the CF you are using...which CF do you know about or have you used?

3K, 2 x 2 Twill?
                    3K, Plain Weave?
                    6K, 5HS Weave?
                    1K, Plain Weave?
                    12K Triaxial Braided?
                    Unidirectional Carbon Fabric?

Hmm...I have lots of samples and finished products made from CF I made over 5+ years ago and they still look identical to the day I made them. Maybe the clear epoxy resin the people of who you know or had seen make CF products used a crap resin?

Um...very very simple to fix. I guarantee I could break and destroy a wood acoustic guitar without a problem or injury to myself and as far as a CF guitar would be...well good luck in breaking them. Easier to fix a CF panel then mend and brace a wood panel.

Soupero, I am glad you know so much about the CF industry.

LOl

ok, I was a bit harsh.

But the carbon I was referring to was carbon used in the porsche carrera GT, which is a very expensive car, was at least over 300 000 US Dollar.

Comment

this is pretty much exactly how mine are set up, but mine are green... its the pearl export series

zildjian cymbals
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Exalt we should form a band.

I think

''the soupero's'' is a good and KICK ASS NAME for our new found band.

Comment

Exalt we should form a band.

I think

''the soupero's'' is a good and KICK ASS NAME for our new found band.
                          if i join can we rename the band to "Arsen and the soupero's"
                          xxXArsen's Music CollectionXxx

-C4L-

Comment

My gf rocks the shit in viola wut wut!!!!!?!
                            TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                            TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                            Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                            - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                            Originally posted by kthx
                            Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arsen View Post
                              if i join can we rename the band to "Arsen and the soupero's"
                              Sure man

perhaps we could do something with ''SG'' in it, since we both have a gibson sg

Arsen and soupero ft. the sg's

Comment

The wood issue comes to play a part in primarily Acoustic Guitars. Look at Taylors, Gibson & Martin for example. I have noticed that many of the acoustic guitars made today are double if not triple the price as to what they had been only a few years ago. As for electric's, it really does not matter to me if it is wood or another composite, as long as the neck and pickups are what I want and I like how they feel and sound.

Wood in general is becoming pricey, but for a simple dread or jumbo guitar, many still will use a standard Spruce top with the exotic wood being used for the sides and back. Not to leave out the really special woods I have seen people using for their fretboards, such as Bloodwood, Bocote, Leopardwood, Purpleheart & Zebrawood to name a few.

As for the amps, it sounds as if your freind has a Fender Twin Reverb? Great amp! The one amp I wish I still had that I let go years ago was a Leslie tube Amp that was for a Hammond Organ that was converted to be used with my guitar. Two rotors...man that Amp was awesome. If you ever have a chance to play guitar on a Leslie...I highly recommend it!

Used amps are not a bad deal BTW....no need to buy a new amp IMHO. Some great deals out there.
                                I might be wrong but most professional classical guitars start at around $2-4000? My buddy has a beautiful Classical Brazilian Rosewood guitar. I know he bought the guitar for 2k but it's listed for at least double that.

edit: i have a piece of shit 4-string acoustic bass i bought online, the guitars a load of junk. I also have my barracuda 4-string eclectic bass that i have no interest in playing. I might just trade them both in when I have a bit of cash and buy a low end acoustic bass. My interest in playing music has died out, half my friends go to University for music and they're a bunch of elitist cunts when it comes to playing music. If I start to take lessons again it's going to be something very personal, I can't stand playing music and them going off the deep end when I can't learn a song in two days and play to their ability. One of my friends attends U of T for jazz guitar, and he's only been playing for two years. I have tons of respect for people who can play guitar for 12 to 16 hours a day, but I have no interest in trying to make music a full-time hobby or career.
                                Last edited by Cops; 03-10-2009, 11:56 PM.
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X